New members of the Japan forum, introduce yourself here

Welcome!  I can't wait to get there too, are you in public or private sector ESL?

Thanks I am living in Japan since 2008, I  am happy but in the last years after the Tsunami 2011, it is more difficult to find good jobs, I am a teacher, this country is really interesting, you can learn too much about this culture, the Japanese people are very good workers, kind, educated, they know very well discipline, shy so it is difficult to know what are their real feelings, I mean inside.  But when they choose you as a friend (tomodachi) they will really like you as a family and help in anything.

Please if you have any questions do not hesitate to write it will be my pleasure to answer if I can?

Thank you!

I haven't narrowed down that much yet, but am looking mainly into doing private - I guess. Tonight I'm to meet an American who will give me the low down on the industry and point me in the right direction.

My social networking so far has given me a plan of attack for the coming week :-)

Nice to meet you @@

Hi Expats,

I'm an Aeronautical Engineer and have adequate experience of developing, implementing, monitoring and improving on-line training programs. Having served for 15 years in an Aviation organization, I've fair understanding of learning, development and evaluation requirements of the trainees. I've read lot about the Japanese people, and the best attribute is that they are honest, caring and helpful. I also wish to utilize my good heath, personal attributes, professional and managerial abilities to serve the needy ones. So if in any way, I could contribute, I would be glad to extend all possible assistance (while living in Japan or from my current location). I'd like to forward an empirical CV so you could advise as to how to go about it.

Regards Adil

Hi I'm Chris, I am English, based in the UK, but have spent a lot of time in Japan and hope to move there in the future.
After having trouble in Tokyo as a vegetarian, i started the website vegeteriantokyoDOTcom - any help you all can offer to add useful information to my site would be greatly appreciated!

Hello All!

For those you want to know more about Japan i invite you checking ourLiving in Japan Guide.

As for those interested to finding a job, check also our section Jobs in Japan.

Thank you

Kenjee

Hi all,

Hi everyone :)
My name is David, born in Sweden.
I studied for 5 years in Korea but now I'm studying as an exchange student at a Japanese university :)

Hello!

I am Brazilian and I moved to Yokohama/Japan last week! it is may firt tim with expat,I came with my husband and we should be living in Japan for 2 or 3 years. My husband Matt is Scottish and before we lived in Rio de janeiro.
I am nutritionist, but now I am not working, I want do Course Japanese Language and more later I would like to do course gastronomy (cooking) Japanese.

My husband Matt  and I are very happy with this opportunity in living in Japan. we love nature, take walks, climb and new differente cultures. We also like going to bars and clubs
We like travel and make new friends!

Hello Expats!

I am Brazilian and I moved to Yokohama/Japan last week! it is may firt tim with expat,I came with my husband and we should be living in Japan for 2 or 3 years. My husband Matt is Scottish and before we lived in Rio de janeiro.
I am nutritionist, but now I am not working, I want do Course Japanese Language and more later I would like to do course gastronomy (cooking) Japanese.

My husband Matt  and I are very happy with this opportunity in living in Japan. We like travel and make new friends! We love nature, take walks, climb and new differente cultures. We also like going to bars and clubs!

Regards,

Mariela

hello friends             I live in japan Tokyo. I need English and Japanese speaking friends. :)

im here in wakayama prefeture, my home prefecture, for a while.
if you want to visit here, I would be very grateful to introduce my home town and around Wakayama(:
let me know if you need a guide from this beautiful local(:
i hope you enjoy being in Japan(:

Please go to www.craiglist.com and chhose Japan, than your town, than you can find many many teachers, tokyo is full, all you need to do, is to choose one of them, and pay. Good luck expat

Hi,
I recently was contacted about potentially working as a Jazz Vocalist in Tokyo, however finding a polished piano play who would like to join me has posed a problem. Upon internet research I have come to an attraction for Japan and I would like to find a piano player who likes jazz music and can read music. I would like to find an Agency who has experience in bringing Artists there. I live in Las Vegas and before that lived in Alaska. My website is: lynnross.com

Hope to hear from you. This website is a fantastic idea,... even if I just get to meet other people,....musicians or otherwise.

I will want to learn the language a bit as well.

Hi pals...   After a year of thinking  finally I  have made up my mind to come to Japan for master studies at keio university ...
   I will be very new to this country... So I will be needing some help.... I am planning to move this September.....   Will be looking for  friends in Yokohama....

Hi David.... In which university u r studying in Japan???

Hi every one.

I'm Japanese female.
I used to live in Australia and now live in Tokyo.
I want to make foreign friend and learn English

:D

Hello! I am just living three 4 stations away from Yokohama. If you have any questions, you can count on me.

Welcome to japan  :D

Hi there.
I am from New Zealand living in Japan.
I have been here for over 14 years and love the place.
Please check out my blog about Japan where I show you photos and videos of what it is like to travel around, to live here and what goes on here on a daily bases.
Please check us out at  thejapanonlinechannel.com

If you have any questions about Japan then please ask away. I would love to help out.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Ashley

Hi,

I am new here in Tokyo from Malaysia working on IT project. Will be based here for a year.

Staying near Ginza, if anybody want to have a drinks or attend events, feel free to contact me.

I'm from Tunisia and will be visiting Tokyo for 2 weeks alone in September.  I am planning some bus/train day trips but want to meet some people to hang out with in the evenings and some days that I have free.  Traveling solo.  Anyone interested in meeting up and showing me some of the fun pubs/bars/clubs? I speak both English and Frensh very well ;)

Hi!

My name is Jordan. I currently live in the US, I'm being honorably discharged form the military in a month and am looking for a way to stay in Japan for the next three years. My fiancé is stationed over there in the Yokosuka area and we want to live together overseas. We both love to travel and I'm really excited about learning as much as I can about Japan. It's very different from the lifestyle I grew up in!  Honestly, I have no idea what I'm doing and it's a little stressful trying to find a job and the visa paperwork so if anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it so much.

I am currently living in Melbourne, working as a property manager for 185 rental properties, and have been in my current position for 3 and a half years. I really enjoy the diversity of the role and love that no 2 days are the same.

I enjoy going for lunch/ dinner with my friends, seeing all that Melbourne has to offer from the city to the country

My partner is currently stationed in Japan, and I am looking to move over in October 2015.

We will be be in Japan until June 2016.

I do not speak Japanese, and I am looking for full time employment.

I am a energetic, enthusiastic and a driven person.

Just wanting to get some ideas as to where I can look for work.

Hi there!

My partner is also in the same area in the military.

I am looking to move over October next year to live and work, and then we would leave in approx. June 2016.

What kind of work are you looking for?

I am wanting to get full time work while I am over there, so am wanting to get a head start on looking...

Elise

Hi everyone ! :)

My name is Phuong Anh, Im from Hochiminh city, Vietnam. Im really interested in Japan and im currently studying Japanese in Hochiminh city. After finish my university , i want to study in Japan. I would love to make friend with Japanese or who want to exchange the language :D

Hi all,

I am a Taiwanese Canadian living in Tokyo. Have been for 6 years and planning to stay for a while :D

Started out as a part time bartender in the dark streets of Kabukicho. I am now working full time as a project manager for a major consumer electronic company and also recently started a blog of my lives in Tokyo. I speak and write Mandarin which is the base of the Japanese kanji characters so I was able to pick up Japanese in less than 6 months.

It would be great to get to know the expats here and hear about your experiences too!

Hello everyone,
I am Indonesian and my husband is Japanese. Me and my husband just moved to this country end of Nov 13. Hope you all enjoy your time in Japan, even its not that easy in the beginning but anyway this is a great country.

We live in Utsunomiya-shi, if you guys around here, lets meet up.

Hello, i am lithuanian expat in japan in tokyo, before used to live in UK London and also in some other places. I am quite new in the city so it would be great to meet someone, to learn and understand more about japanese culture and also learn some nihon-go. Cheers

Ohayo gozaimasu tomadatchi,

Watashi wa Salman Desu
Doozo Yoroshiku,
I am Salman from Sri Lanka.I would like to Study,Work or settle in Japan.Friends If you all can Please give me some  suggestions regarding my matter.I hope fiends would come forward to help

Best regards,
Salman

Hello all  :cheers:

First of all on behalf of Expat.com Team, I wish a warm welcome to all our new members  :par:

Kindly note that we encourage members to create new threads if they have particular questions of infos to share so as to get better visibility and response on the Japan forum.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi everyone..
I'm Indonesian who used to work in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia for a year and I'm going to move to Hiroshima next month to study my Master's there. It's quiet unexpected though that I got accepted to the university with scholarship. Therefore, I feel like I lack of preparation since I just started learning Japanese recently and since I'm planning to travel there through Osaka on the 24th September, I feel like it won't be enough at all.
But anyway, I'd be glad to get some tips about living there or maybe your story about living there. Even better if we can hang out sometimes when I get there. Mata nee!  :)

Hi everyone..
I'm Indonesian who used to work in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia for a year and I'm going to move to Hiroshima next month to study my Master's there. It's quiet unexpected though that I got accepted to the university with scholarship. Therefore, I feel like I lack of preparation since I just started learning Japanese recently and since I'm planning to travel there through Osaka on the 24th September, I feel like it won't be enough at all.
But anyway, I'd be glad to get some tips about living there or maybe your story about living there. Even better if we can hang out sometimes when I get there. Mata nee!  :)

You will find Japan has a high standard of living and so things tend to be abit expensive there.
People are nice, helpful and polite. Crime is very very low from what i've heard. The food is great  & lots to see and do.  :)

I'm sure you will appreciate it there in Japan and you will like the place.  :thanks:

Good luck with your move  :top:

Arigatou gozaimasu :proud

hi everyone,

id been living in japan for 10 years now n now im settling down in matsudo, chiba.
wish to have more friends around to share experience n hang out or just simply have a drink in the neighbourhood.
^^

Namaste,
I am from Mumbai,India, I had been to shizouka last month and I was mesmerized by looking the beauty of this place,hopefully coming back in September after 20,at chiba with family...

Hello everybody.

My name is Pablo. I'm from Argentina.

I have been in Tokyo for a week now and I'm trying to discover whether it's the place I would like to live in.

I just left Dubai, citiy in which I lived for a year and four months.

I would like to meet people in Tokyo, be it locals or foreigners.

You can add me or contact me if you feel like it.

Rgrds.

Hi, I'm Japanese, taking care of 5 kids in Osaka.
very busy days, tired and sometimes getting weak.
want to talk about a life how to be strong.

Hello everyone,
I m newbie in this japan forum & I like to live & work here.
I m working here since last 6 yrs, & my Japanese language proficiency is conversational.
I like to make new friends from all over the world.

Closed