Visa ban

I have cancelled my visa in may 2014. Since the new rule is applicable only with effect from 1st july 2014, will I come under the purview of the ban or will i be exempt from the ban because i cancelled my visa and returned to india in May 2014. I have not taken an NOC from my previous employer. Can I apply for a job now for another employer and get a visa if the new employer offers to employ me?

The answer is in your question itself. You will not be categorised under the new 2-year wait rule.

But then with the Immigration and the Ministry of Manpower officials anything is possible. Rules are unfailingly amended / altered / adjusted as they wish. Till such time you receive your employment visa nothing is certain. Not only for you, but for anybody else too.

So yes, you can try for a new job and if you find one you should not have any problems in getting your employment visa, provided your prospective employer meets all his requirements.

Good luck.

Thanks v much for your instant response. However, I still want to reconfirm whether it is necessary to get an NOC from my ex employer or not required.  Thanks again

bmahesh wrote:

Thanks v much for your instant response. However, I still want to reconfirm whether it is necessary to get an NOC from my ex employer or not required.  Thanks again

Hello bmahesh,

In your case, there is absolutely no need to get your former employees NoC, since you have left before the 2-year ban came into effect.

Good luck.