Partner Visas Problems

Hi there.
this may be long winded but bare with me, appreciate and advice given. - Currently im in Thailand on holiday sorted wifes visa.

here we go...
Ok so my partner and i have just submitted our 309 onine visa application. Im Aussie and my wifes Thai Been married for a year now.

I got a response back yesterday from the immigration ill get into that more in detail soon.

Problem i have is..
My wifes daughter wants to remain living in thailand with her real thai father and there family. Pretty much there physcos and dont want her to leave their village and also out of spite not live with us.

Immigration have stated the following:
"Note: Please note that non-migrating children whose age under 18 year-old are required to do the medical examination.".

This i cant see happening because the village my wifes daughter is from is about 6 hours away from bangkok aswell.

Any ideas what my options are?

Thanks again for taking the time to read this.

jaepearce wrote:

Hi there.
this may be long winded but bare with me, appreciate and advice given. - Currently im in Thailand on holiday sorted wifes visa.

here we go...
Ok so my partner and i have just submitted our 309 onine visa application. Im Aussie and my wifes Thai Been married for a year now.

I got a response back yesterday from the immigration ill get into that more in detail soon.

Problem i have is..
My wifes daughter wants to remain living in thailand with her real thai father and there family. Pretty much there physcos and dont want her to leave their village and also out of spite not live with us.

"Note: Please note that non-migrating children whose age under 18 year-old are required to do the medical examination.".

This i cant see happening because the village my wifes daughter is from is about 6 hours away from bangkok aswell.

To put it simply you have 2 options. She does the medical and comes to Oz or she does not.  Unfortunately there is not much you can do if the daughter does not wish to leave the village. 

Perhaps get your wife to approach the Thai authorities about the problem and see if they can help. If the daughter is under your wife's care you may have a leg to stand on.   

Other than that can you talk to her daughter and see if you can persuade her to come.  I can sympathize with the daughter as she will be leaving family and friends which is a really big step for her as Asians are family oriented and it will be very daunting for her to settle in a foreign land, no friends or family.

You cannot force her to leave.  My family live in Laos and I travel to and from on leave or between contracts. You may have to accept the fact that initially your wife comes to Oz, settles in and then look at bringing the daughter over for a holiday and take it from there.

jaepearce wrote:

Problem i have is..
My wifes daughter wants to remain living in thailand with her real thai father and there family.

I know this is an old topic, but i came across it today, and: one: I am wondering what happened, and two: There are many cases where parents are told that they need a medical for a non migrating child, and most times it is easy to get.
However, on those occasions where the other parent refuses to allow a medical, as the child is with them and not migrating, you need to show your Case Officer that you have attempted to do the medical, and provide a Statutory Declaration to confirm that you have no intention of adding the child into your migration application later.  This 'may' work.

Asking the case officer directly may be worth your while, as some case officers may be more lenient ?