Didn't get my work visa in 115 days

Currently I live in my home country Sri Lanka. I'm a graduate who is being expecting a network engineer job in computer networking side. I've been offerd a job letter from a multi national company in Qatar on 14th april 2014. As my brother lives and works in that company, he is the only sponser that I have got in Qatar. I have signed the job contract letter and also I have provided all the necassary documents for the work visa processing.
About 2 weeks later, I've got to know the visas issuing for Sri Lankan expats have finished and the company got to convert some visas which issuing for other countries  to Sri Lankan expats. Mean time, the Ramadan holy month has started in july 2014. But I have applied visa in april 2014. I have waited untill now expecting my work visa. I've been said it will take an usual delay due to holy month since Qatar goverment officers only work half of the day. I was respected the holy month  and waited.
Few days back, I got to know that the visas applied by the company were received as  labour visas instead engineer visas requested from Qatar government. All these informed by my brother.
I'm still waiting listening to all these stories they keep saying. Now the date is 27th july 2014 and I've got nothing yet.
Please could anyone reply to my message. Could anyone tell me what may be the reasons to have such a delay. When will I get my correct visa? Please be kind enough to reply to this message to have some reliefe for my frustration.
Thank you.

My friend did u get ur visa yet???

The question to your Answer is contact the Recruitment or the HR.

No still I didn't get my visa.

This is the main irresponsibility of the man whom he works in the proposed company. The Government is helpless in your case. If the company gets all visas for labors, company can apply for changing one visa for engineer. Being Sri Lanka visa is not in high demand in Qatar and quite easy to get it, your company is trying to avoid you for a job. Because, the IT sector in Qatar is in childhood and less than 10% of the companies holding an IT engineer.
Any way, if company is acting as sleeping, nobody can't wake them up. If your man can contact the PRO of the company sincerely, the PRO will explain the status of your Visa. But, in my opinion, the company is avoiding you, because Sri Lanka visa is common in Qatar labor market.

Good day my dear, i am Stanley from Edo state, Nigeria. i am processing my visa to come to Qatar, the agent said its five years residential and work permit, i have given him advance payment of N25,000 after my visa is out i am to balance him N525,000 and my international passport is with him, and we started this whole issue since July this year, up till now i have not getting my visa, please does my international passport has anything to do with the visa?

hmm unfortunately, i think you have been scammed. the only thing i guess you might need is to text him you passport no and not give him the passport itself..i will advice you collect your passport immediately and offer up the 25,k spent, you might ask for it except you can retrieve it.
the best way to get a Qatari Visa/ work permit is to obtain a job there and you employer sponsors you. but this particular method will only mean u hustling till you find something for yourself.
i wish you best of Luck..

@stanleybrave7

If you cannot get your passport back I suggest you see about getting  a new passport issued. 

Unfortunately it does look like you have been scammed.