Moving to Sri Lanka (Anuradhapura)

Hello all, we are 2 English female medical students moving to Anuradhapura for 6 months to work on some medical research. We are coming in June and are planning to book into a guest house on arrival and find a 2 bed flat/apartment/house there and then. Does anybody have any advice on doing this? We would really appreciate any recommendations on how to find a rental that is both in a safe area, and hopefully reasonably cheap! (Rs. 30,000-60,000 per month).

Also more generally, one of us has worked in Colombo for a 6 week period but we will otherwise be new to living in SL, do people have any advice on living in a new place with a much hotter, drier climate than we are used to!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, so thank you!
Ellie and Sarah

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hello Ellie & Sara
Welcome to EB. Hope you will gain knowledge & fun in the new country.
Regards
Mal

Hi. I think you should come prepared. Anuradhapura is nothing like Colombo. Mrs quite repellent.  Patience. And an open heart and mind. You will need all :-)

(moderated: off topic)

Hello,
I am danuka weragama in Kandy. If you like i can help you in Sri Lanka. Please reply me   [email protected]

have you shorted your accommodations in Anuradhapura?

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hello friends,  I have a good friend of mine who owns a beautiful hotel in Anuradhapura and I will be able to introduce him to you.  He is married to a foreign lady and you will be able to talk to him personally.  I can give you his contact number if you could just get in touch with him. Can you please let me know an email address and I will give you all the details.

Lacille de Silva