Job Offer: Female Expat Moving to Abu Dhabi -need advice

Hello everyone!

I am a female expat currently based in Singapore. I have been offered a job with a local bank with a fixed monthly package of 38,000 AED. This includes Basic and other allowances. I will be moving on my own and would welcome advice on the salary on offer and also any inputs in terms of life for a single female expat. Many thanks for your help!

38000 is a good salary. You will be getting a good villa at around 5000 AED on a good place. The cost of living can be easily manageable in your salary :)

Lol where the hell she gonna find a good villa for 5000AED? It looks like you don't live in Abu Dhabi, a good decent 1br apartment is around 70K

great!! i think you are expert in your job so that they hire you with that high salary..also i think you are hard worker and distinguish in your work..

let me tell you that the average salary here in abu dhabi for expats is between 7000 to 15000..it is the expensive city in our country to live.. if you live in Dubai or Sharjah it will cost you less.. but the salary in those cities are also less..much less than what you offered..

38000 is considered as high salary in abu dhabi.. by local immigration rules your salary will allow you to do a lot of things that normal people can not do and suffer from it.

first of all let me tell you some thing about my lovely capital..do not afraid here it is very peacfull and good people and you will make very nice frinds..i think you will enjoy the life.. do not worriey about the housing you will find a great place.. if you want more details or you have any question..Please do not hesitate.. you can contact me.. i will be glade to help you and tell you more..

You won't find a villa for 5k per month, not even out in Al Reef, but what you are getting as a salary will leave more than enough for renting somewhere nice, having a good quality of life and saving some. I get less than that but have my housing paid for, and I manage to save a decent amount and have a good quality of life (but I'm by no means extravagant). I've lived in both AD and Dubai, most of it a single girl (met my hubby here) and I have enjoyed my time here, very different to Singapore so you'll have to enjoy Abu Dhabi for what it is, but I find with so many expats people are very welcoming of newcomers as we have all been there so I'm sure once you find a nice group of friends you'll settle fine :) Good Luck