Closing Topic - Jakowi/JK

Dear Mods,

I only now realized that you closed this thread:

Quote:

Political and [religion] debates are not very welcome on the forum. We are not competent to deal with theses subjects.

Unquote:

Hope you don't mind if I give my personal thoughts about your action.

In my point of view there is no controversial discussion ongoing at all its just that members in the Indonesian Forum exchanging their feelings towards the outcome of the presidential election and about "our" future in this country.

The Indonesian members are all sitting in the same boat and have to deal with it also it can be useful for others planning to move to Indonesia, not knowing much about Indonesia yet.

As said, the people discussing here so far are residing in Indonesia so it concerns all of us.

I would ask you to re-open this interesting thread again as long people do continue posting with proper informations.

You always can close the thread again anytime once you feel it's getting out of control (which I doubt)

So far, I have yet to meet and expat that doesn't prefer Jokowi.

Nor have I, but then again I've never meet a "Republican" expat on Bali either (right wing conservative) aside from one, and she moved away, back to the US, two years ago.   :D

mas fred wrote:

So far, I have yet to meet and expat that doesn't prefer Jokowi.

Will be hard to find some expat who does not prefer Jokowi.

That suggests expats need an open mind to live in Indonesia...without buggering off home.

My status has been closed :)

Ubudian wrote:

Nor have I, but then again I've never meet a "Republican" expat on Bali either (right wing conservative) aside from one, and she moved away, back to the US, two years ago.   :D

That's interesting.  I wouldn't expect that at all.  Some Republicans might think it's because Bali is full of pot-smoking hippies, but Republicans are also far more likely to want to leave the country at the moment.

thamia wrote:

My status has been closed :)

You got divorced?

Hayleyin :
I means that my status has been closed is my post about winner presidencial Jokowi/JK already closed by christine admin Expat.com.

Mia, have a look at that thread now.  ;)

"But Republicans are also far more likely to want to leave the country at the moment."

Not in the US, Hailey, in fact, they are the least willing to move away.  For conservatives (Republicans), in the US, the entire idea of expatriating is tantamount to treason...and I kid you not. 

And, it would surprise the dickens out of me if anyone could come up with viable data that shows that right leaning (conservatives) in any country are more prone to join the expatriate community than left leaning (liberals).

Hello happyhour

Kindly note that as per our rules and conditions of the website, threads dealing with religion and politics is not well seen on the forum as it tends to get complicated and can be very tricky issue.

We do not want to compromise the site with politics issues, hope you can understand this and find another way to deal with the politics matter. As for Expat.com, our moto is Sharing your Expat experience to help others in their expatriation, and so far politics is not our utmost priority.

Regards
Kenjee
[ Topic Closed ]

Closed