New members of the Tunisia forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Tunisia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Tunisia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

I am Dipankar K. I am pursuing my research i.e Ph. D In development of Arabic Novel in Tunisia. I would love to have friends from Tunisia and to know more about Tunisia.

Hello

My name is Marco and I have been offered a position teaching in Sousse.  I am a retired DIplomat, entrepreneur, College Professor, Waiter in French Restaurants, and many many other jobs I have had in Europe, North Africa, Latin America and the US where I am from, San Francisco, California, although I have close ties to Seattle.

I love speaking French, Spanish, Italian, also manage and studied Russian and lived in Moscow.

I have three college age children, divorced, and a very friendly guy who is looking for new friends from Tunisia and all over the world. I am compassionate and I have a generous spirit.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest regards!

Mark Marco Weaver
Fort Worth, Texas

Hi all,

My name is Daniela. I have recently moved to Sfax, following my boyfriend who has an expat contract. I am, actually, curious if other expats are living here and if there are any meet-ups happening. It doesn't seem like the most exciting place to be, but i think with the right company it can be an interesting experience.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hello,

I am Mohamed Anas Touati, 23 years old, English major.
Currently, I study in an Master degree of English and International Relations and I live in Tunis.

Hi I'm Hiba Ben Rabah, 20 years old
I'm currently a student at the Institue of Business Studies ( IHEC Carthage )

Hi am akram live in tunisia now if any one need hellp just contact me i will be happy to help

Hi,

Me and my wife are moving to Tunis in September. I have a job teaching in the British school there.  I was just wondering if there are any other British Expats in Tunis and if there are any groups you can join or anywhere people meet and get together.

Thanks

Gareth

Hi all

I'm New to the forum. I Don't particularly know how it works. I'm due to live in Tunis in August as my husband has got a job teaching there in September. Would be great to know if there are any clubs I could join to meet people or anyone can help me with general knowledge of the area.

Many thanks in advance Trish x

(moderated: off topic)

Hello everyone, i come from Jordan and i work in Tunis now.I enjoy living in Tunisia.It is a beautiful country.I enjoy reading and traveling

thank u

:) hi there my name is bechir am from Tunisia  and am living in king Dom of saudi Arabia for 18 years I meet lot of people here  but am thinking now to come back  with my project and with me my executive chef from Philippine  and I would like to have Somme  information about the comunity of Philippine in Tunisia   thanks

nice to meet u all . i am new in here .  I am masum. i am study in tunis . now i am feeling very alone . i don't know arabic good .

i am feeling very alone . now i need some friend who can speak english

Hi  :)

I'm new in tunisia. I really hope I can find good friends and job opportunity over here. I came from Malaysia.  One of my friend ( tunisian) brought me here. He talked a lot about good things and nice places to visit in tunisia which was excite me. Here I am .. :) hope to meet new friends soon!

Cheers!

Hi, my son is thinking about going to university in Tunis. How do you find it ?

Hello Everybody :) My name is Mohamed Ali and Im 26 , from South of Tunisia
Welcome All =D

I am yusif kadiri a ghanian living in Gambia I am interested in moving to Tunisia as a lot of people say nice things about this country that I need to experience but I am thinking of how to find job over there as I am a professional furniture and upholster I need assistance from anyone who can help thanks

Hello, my name is Ali Ben Houidi,i have twenty-five years old, im Tunisian citizen

Thanks Julien. I just arrived in Zarzis last 13 July and am passing through Tunis until 3 August before  I fly to Dubai. Will be back in Tunis at the end of this month. English, French and Spanish conversant. Worked in Kosovo, Congo Dr, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Cambodia, Malaysia and. Libya.

:)

xhelen1989x wrote:

:)

Welcome to the forum
Could you please introduce yourself to the forum with some information about yourself. Thank you.

Hi~~
I can help you  :)

My name is Riadh. Lived and studied in north America (Midwest and Montreal) between 82 and 96. Settled in Tunisia. I find people from different cultural backgrounds bring very rich perspective on things. Voila.

Hi everyone I am Vicki and considering a move to Tunisia. I am a single woman with 2 kids and I'm currently doing my research. I understand employment is the big issue. I currently work in a special school as a pupil support worker and I'm not sure if that role exists in Tunisian schools. I also do nails, waxing etc which again don't know if this will help me. I look forward to any responses and maybe even hearing some peoples stories :)

Hi ,

I'm Tunisian i like to discuss about Finland .

Hi ,

Tunisia have agood university i advise him to go there , he can get in touch with me if he like

[ moderated : please avoid phone numbers over the forum ]

HI People ,

I'm a tunisian Cost Controller in a big 4 i like to found a work in Norway
Who can help me ?

Thank u

Hello all

@SAIDIS : Could you please avoid making several posts? kindly wait that members interact with your before.

Also do bear in mind that this thread is exclusively for the presentation of new members. We expect new members to tell us a bit about themselves, their expatriation project or their experience etc.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Welcome.  I hope Tunisia is all you want it to be.   I'm new to it all and just settling in. Carole

Hi Carole I'm due to arrive in Tunis next weds 20th August as my husband has a job in the English school in Tunisia. Is there anywhere u can suggest that I visit when my husband is at work as I will be on my own and I don't know anywhere yet.  Any ideas would be grateful. Many thanks Trish x

Hi All

Although new to Expat.com, I have lived in Tunisia for many years, and therefore, could possibly assist new arrivals with any queries they may have, using my experience and knowledge gained over a long period

Cheers

Allan

Hi guys,
Any Romanians around? I am preparing a visit to Sfax for a month, and i can't find any apartaments for rent.Hotels are very expensive for this kind of period.
Can any of you guys can help me in this matter?
Thx

Hi Trish

just going through old blogs and messages and seem not to have made a response to you.  If I haven't - apologies - if I have then I can't find it in the threads!!

So back to basics.  Are you here?  Where are you?  How are you finding it?  What do you like to do? Is there anything I can help you with?

Sorry again for the Gremlins but send a message if you need me!   

Carole  :dumbom:

Hi Carole yes we are here. We have been here two weeks now and are loving it. Gareth starts work tomorrow so i will have to find things for myself to do while he is at work I don't know what there is around yet to do apart from the beach. Any suggestions would be a help.

Thanks for getting back to me.
😊 Trish x

Hello there.. before I comment... are you in Sousse or elsewhere? Are you studying and what do you like to do?

Carole

I  am living in la marsa  no not studying anything yet. Would like to learn more French but don't know where to start. X

Vicki

I to am here as a single woman - with no children.  I would think long and hard before moving here.  You will find the culture and business life very very different to Europe.  I know this because I'm experiencing it myself and despite lots of research and talking to many people, as well as being resourceful and intelligent, even I am finding it tougher than I thought.

It will help to speak Arabic or French of course.

Tunisians are NOT interested in offering jobs to non-nationals unless of course you have an existing contact that can help you do that.  Again, for even basic jobs you need fluency in Arabic / French.

The government though is interested in two categories of people

1 those that want to start up a business
2 those retiring or those with independent means that can bring regular monthly amounts of hard currency into the country

You will need of course to obtain a carte de sejour - weeks in and for various reasons I still await paperwork!

Clearly the cost of living is cheaper but not for everything. But if you know where to shop for basic food stuffs you can feed a family very cheaply.  Again, you wont have the choice or luxuries we have back in the UK so not to sure how your children would cope with this!   

Also if you bring household goods over it will be very expensive.  I looked long and hard at both freighting things in and doing door to door house moves.

In the tourist areas you will be hassled.  But you can cope with this - I do very well!

The Tunisians adore children and I've seen them play outside very late at night (!!!) and they are safe.

If you have any specific concerns that I can help with then let me know.  I do know a British woman married to a Tunisian with children (girl) aged 11 and (boy) aged 7.  If you have any questions regarding issues concerning the children I can ask her or indeed this blog site is helpful.   Finally, I'm also in touch with a lady whose coming over in a few weeks time to start a take away restaurant.  She is single with children. 

Certainly if you do come over it will help to form friendships ahead of your arrival just to give you that feeling of a bit more support can community. 

Hope that helps and good luck!

Carole

Hello there,I'm wassim,from Tunisia,i''m looking for new freinds.

Closed