Get a Bank Account in London

Hey guys,
Today I tried to open a new bank account in Lloyds, I arrived in London 3 weeks ago and I don't have a job in the UK yet (actually I work for an american company by internet) I have Spanish passport but the point is I was born in Argentina. For that reason they asked me to another proof of identity (like EU driving licence or some service bill) . There any bank to open an account without these kind of requirements?

Thanks!
Mariano

The banks became very strict since 9/11 and then a few years later a similar incidence in England.

There is a loop hole which you could try. You could apply for a JOINT account with you and a friend or a family member whom you trust and who fulfills the ID requirements. Then you could legally operate the transactions, ATM and cheque book etc.

You need to be very careful while operating an account in the UK, since the authorities keep  very close eye on the frequency and the amounts transferred from your AC.

I had a similar problem in 2012. I managed to have an account at Lloyds with my passport and a simple letter from my landlord: something like "to whom it may concern, Stephane is living at ....".

Stephane

[Moderated: english please]

Go to the Library open an account its free let them send you mail that Counts as one proof of address this and Your Passport should be fine to open an account. If not apply for a national Insurance card and take the letter from that too as well as Passport. A phone bill, driver's license, or any other official document with your name and address will do. this should take around a week max ;)

My Girlfriend had an account in England was registered at the doctor With national ID letter and Library card within 2 weeks but she is from the EU.

HSBC Passport account would be Your fastest option the link is below
http://moneyfacts.co.uk/guides/banking/ … f-address/

Banks in England are what destroyed thee economy a few years back they love to let anyone open an account and live in debt it makes them Money :)

riazcdki wrote:

The banks became very strict since 9/11 and then a few years later a similar incidence in England.

There is a loop hole which you could try. You could apply for a JOINT account with you and a friend or a family member whom you trust and who fulfills the ID requirements. Then you could legally operate the transactions, ATM and cheque book etc.

You need to be very careful while operating an account in the UK, since the authorities keep  very close eye on the frequency and the amounts transferred from your AC.

Not trying to be rude but opening a joint account still requires ID and a proof of address from both People opening the account.
Also maybe an interesting read for you below on the laws permitting Access to view somones account and transactions (including government bodies)

http://www.finweb.com/banking-credit/wh … z38Od2xmfO

Hi

Try again because LLoyds is quite friendly and does not require such a bills ... I opened an account and had my Dutch passport when I am Peruvian born. So I handed my actual Dutch passport and a letter of the landlord saying I live there signed and address in. That was all.

Try again and again at another branch .. behave formal and dress formally, most of all to such a formal transaction as opening a Bank account where trust is involved. Formality will take you a long way here.

Best,

Celeste

Did you try Barclays??