Civil Unions

danno wrote:

All I stated was that I wouldn't be happy if my sons slept with guys.

And if you've made that clear to them then it's unlikely they'll ever tell you if they do :)

By the way are you in Malta or, as profiled, Sydney, Australia?

I am I in Malta. Been here 10 days already. I wish this wind would stop blowing.

thats the wind of change

danno wrote:

I am I in Malta. Been here 10 days already. I wish this wind would stop blowing.

Must be the wind of change you're noticing :top:

Whoops.  Sorry George, we cross posted.

Your right Roger better they don't tell me, otherwise the shit will hit the fan.

danno wrote:

Your right Roger better they don't tell me, otherwise the shit will hit the fan.

Maybe but once the sanitation squad have tidied up wouldn't you still love your son? :/

Strong NW winds expected tomorrow and Wednesday ... :)

sometimes ignorance is bliss

georgeingozo wrote:

sometimes ignorance is bliss

That's been the problem George.  No more. :mad:

How sad is Malta becoming, Lets remember that if we was all Gay the Human population would not exist, Malta is a mainly catholic Country and this fad won't last long, Making an unnatural act Legal does not make it right.

Maltese by Birth wrote:

How sad is Malta becoming, Lets remember that if we was all Gay the Human population would not exist, Malta is a mainly catholic Country and this fad won't last long, Making an unnatural act Legal does not make it right.

if your god hates gays so much, why does he keep making them?

Maltese by Birth wrote:

this fad won't last long,.

which, being catholic or being gay ?

georgeingozo wrote:
Maltese by Birth wrote:

this fad won't last long,.

which, being catholic or being gay ?

:lol::top:

Maltese by Birth wrote:

In your opinion maybe but it also doesn't make it wrong. Unlawful maybe but NOT wrong as long as it does no harm to anyone else.
Why does this subject make you so worked up?
If it doesn't affect you why worry about it?
Or is there something you're scared of or prefer to deny?

Maltese by Birth wrote:

Lets remember that if we was all Gay the Human population would not exist, .

It would also not exist if all men were catholic priests. Does than mean you are against men being priests ?

Maltese by Birth wrote:

did you become a memeber just to post this ...? btw if you want to stop gay people you better prevent straight couples having gay kids lol .

besides allowing a couple who love eachother to committ to eachother in the same way you allow hetrosexual couples to does not harm anyone ,

robpw2 wrote:
Maltese by Birth wrote:

did you become a memeber just to post this ...? btw if you want to stop gay people you better prevent straight couples having gay kids lol .

besides allowing a couple who love eachother to committ to eachother in the same way you allow hetrosexual couples to does not harm anyone ,

Why do you want to celebrate an unnatural act and try to legalise it - don't think for one minute the Maltese Population in general up hold Gays marring, Marriage is a union of a Man and Women - all religions uphold this view.
No need to think that by supporting the Gay view you are somehow trying to be politicly correct - for sure your not morally correct.

Just to make it perfectly clear, before the politically correct type start throwing knifes at me, I'm entitled to my view just as you are and because some politicians legalise it does not make it correct,
What you do behind your door is your business, when you you bring it out in the open and expect others to agree to your chosen way of life, its not always going to the way you planned for.

Maltese by Birth wrote:
robpw2 wrote:
Maltese by Birth wrote:

Why do you want to celebrate an unnatural act and try to legalise it - don't think for one minute the Maltese Population in general up hold Gays marring, Marriage is a union of a Man and Women - all religions uphold this view.
No need to think that by supporting the Gay view you are somehow trying to be politicly correct - for sure your not morally correct.

i am not being political correct , as someone who married my husband in april  , i dont for one need your blessing

but your all relgions uphold this view point is wrong , the catholics and some protestant churches may but there are many religious organisations such as the quakers, etc who are in support of same sex -marriage .
You are of course entitled to your opinions no matter how wrong they are however as soon as you start bringing your opinon out into the open then you really must expect to be shot down for it . Firstly because you clearly have no factual basis to your argument and secondly because you seem to confuse love with sex .
Gay men and women wish to be treated like straight men and woman and wish to have the same rights , that being that their relationship stauses is recognised so that they are entitled to things like property , having a say in their partners health care and being recognised officially as next of kin ...wether you choose to agree with their relationship is besides the point , there are people who have been together for years in a loving committed relationship , who ended up being homeless or stopped from going to their loved ones funeral because they were denied rights by others .. whatever your sexuality this is wrong.

the same way you were born "straight" , gay people are born gay, its not a choice that people make .. i mean when was the last time you chose to be subjected to hate and violence ..... however people do choose a religion and for that reason religion should play no part in rule or law making.

Maltese by Birth wrote:

Just to make it perfectly clear, before the politically correct type start throwing knifes at me, I'm entitled to my view just as you are and because some politicians legalise it does not make it correct,
What you do behind your door is your business, when you you bring it out in the open and expect others to agree to your chosen way of life, its not always going to the way you planned for.

Have your opinions but do not say yours are correct and ours are incorrect.
Who do you think you are to do that?
And, just by the way, you have brought your business out into the open.

redmik wrote:
Maltese by Birth wrote:

@redmik.
Sorry Mick, yours above is confusing.  Are you responding to the "Maltese by Birth" quote or to  robpw2 ?

Roger Rabat wrote:
redmik wrote:
Maltese by Birth wrote:

@redmik.
Sorry Mick, yours above is confusing.  Are you responding to the "Maltese by Birth" quote or to  robpw2 ?

Lets get this clear I did not start this conversation, and by your comment "Who do you think you are to do that?" is you view more valid and correct than mine, "better what stays behind your door stays behind your door"  the more you start bringing your views and lifestyles in to the open view, it's not going to get any more moral.

Maltese by birth , When was the last time you saw a same sex couple (male or female) copulating in public or forcing you to watch them ...
I saw a straight couple (male+Female) eating each other on the bus yesterday , infact they were so busy searching for each others tonsills they couldnt vacate the priority seats for a disabled man to sit down... I have never seen a gay couple doing that in public.
A same sex relationship is pretty much the same as a straight one , we shop, we cook, we watch tv , we clean , we do diy, and we also sleep .. and some couples  have sex occasonally but if we wanted you to watch we would put it on the internet .. other then that its pretty humdrum stuff .

You clearly have an over active imagination if your seeing gay men forcing their relationships or lifestyle  on you and your assuming that effeminate or based on their looks that all these people are gay .

Morals are ever changing throughout society , back before 400 ad , there were many same sex relationships and many of the roman emperors married men.  back in the middle ages it was considered socially acceptable to sleep with young children , to sell your children  and even less then 30  years ago women were still treated as if they were chattel owned by their husband .

I for one would like to know where the term gay came from? What happened to the good old description of you people as poofs?

I have to agree with MALTESE BY BIRTH even animals don't behave like them.

danno wrote:

I for one would like to know where the term gay came from? What happened to the good old description of you people as poofs?

rofl .. im not a magic dragon...
Gay  some people believe comes from the acronym Good As You ,  others deem it from the fact apparently we are alll extremley happy and flamboyant

robpw2 wrote:
danno wrote:

rofl .. im not a magic dragon...
Gay  some people believe comes from the acronym Good As You ,  others deem it from the fact apparently we are alll extremley happy and flamboyant

I think we are moving away for the subject here and starting a battle between us all, lets have some common sense and note that we all have different views, currently society appears to be accepting that a Man and Man or Women and Women can be together, but the point here is that I don't accept it and with my Maltese upbringing don't believe its morally right and I believe the majority of the Maltese population think the same.

danno wrote:

actually your wrong , their is homosexuality amongst the animal kingdom http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-27405652

nilonilonilo wrote:

Hey Nilo..................I hear it's going to be quite blustery over the week-end. Great for surf boarding.

robpw2 wrote:
danno wrote:

actually your wrong , their is homosexuality amongst the animal kingdom http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-27405652

For the record there was a restaurant in Qui-Si- Sena a part of Sliema for you experts, in the late nineties in my view was the best in Malta, run by two gays, one Maltese and the other Spanish, .the food was great.

MikeInPoulton wrote:
nilonilonilo wrote:

Hey Nilo..................I hear it's going to be quite blustery over the week-end. Great for surf boarding.

at the risk of innuendo .. ooh watersports

robpw2 wrote:
MikeInPoulton wrote:
nilonilonilo wrote:

at the risk of innuendo .. ooh watersports

Did I say "surf".......................I meant "water"..... Yep! I too enjoy a good nautical adventure.

How's the job going Rob?

it was my husbands job and when he got his new it one , they wouldnt let me contiue selling it .. (I was gutted) so now looking for another job ...but thanks for asking