New members of the Australia forum, introduce yourself here

Hello All

the reason I have joined this site is because i have a female friend who is still in the Ukraine and subjected to
Sexual discrimination and loss of work environment etc ...as a part of Putin's invasion into her country.

I want help from anyone in the Ukrainian community who maybe able to tell me the best and quickest way to get her out of her situation and on an plane to the safety of Australia.

What is the best kind of visa for her to apply for ...even if she just gets a visitor's visa ...if that is the quickest , and maybe we could change it for her when she arrives ...or possibly Political Asylum ..if that applies ..??

She is only 25 years old and I am very fond of her , and determined to help her in her plight .

I would be very thankful if anyone could direct me to any organisation here in  Sydney who gives professional advice or assistance in helping this to happen.

Many thanks ...

Len

redkelpie wrote:

Hello All

the reason I have joined this site is because i have a female friend who is still in the Ukraine and subjected to
Sexual discrimination and loss of work environment etc ...as a part of Putin's invasion into her country.

I want help from anyone in the Ukrainian community who maybe able to tell me the best and quickest way to get her out of her situation and on an plane to the safety of Australia.

What is the best kind of visa for her to apply for ...even if she just gets a visitor's visa ...if that is the quickest , and maybe we could change it for her when she arrives ...or possibly Political Asylum ..if that applies ..??

She is only 25 years old and I am very fond of her , and determined to help her in her plight .

I would be very thankful if anyone could direct me to any organisation here in  Sydney who gives professional advice or assistance in helping this to happen.

Many thanks ...

Len

You could check out www.immi.gov.au  which is the visa site and look at refugee visa subclass 200. An online search found this in a couple of minutes.
You could also check up with UNHCR in Sydney. 
Go online and Google something like refugee assistance for Ukrainians.  A Google search for Ukrainian clubs in Sydney may find a contact for you. 

She could come on a tourist visa and ask for asylum when she gets to the airport but she must have a good reason for this ( beatings, family killed or taken away, thrown out of their home etc) and if it is granted she will go to a immigration centre and may be in the system for a few years. You will be aware of the refugee immigration situation here in Oz.

Hi!

Je suis maxime. Je reste a melbourne pendant 2 mois pour un stage dans les études en école d'ingénieurs. Je débarque seul donc aimerai rencontrer des gens prêt a sortir, a visiter et a découvrir l'Australie pendant ces deux mois!

maxime.louis wrote:

Hi!

Je suis maxime. Je reste a melbourne pendant 2 mois pour un stage dans les études en école d'ingénieurs. Je débarque seul donc aimerai rencontrer des gens prêt a sortir, a visiter et a découvrir l'Australie pendant ces deux mois!

Hi and welcome to the forum.
As this is an Anglophone forum could you please post in ENGLISH so that others can understand your post and perhaps offer information or advice. Thank you.

Hi. My name is Oluwaseun Oyasina, I am a fresh graduate of Information and Communication Technology from Institute Of Technical Education Singapore ( NIGERIA TRAINING CENTER) . For so many years Australia as been my dream country and willing to pursue my IT career there.

cewon wrote:

Hi. My name is Oluwaseun Oyasina, I am a fresh graduate of Information and Communication Technology from Institute Of Technical Education Singapore ( NIGERIA TRAINING CENTER) . For so many years Australia as been my dream country and willing to pursue my IT career there.

Welcome to the forum.

First you will need a visa to come to Australia. For visa information and applications www.immi.gov.au

[moderated; no free ads please]

[moderated: off topic + post your resume in the jobs section pls]

Hi Everyone,

I am an IT Professional currently working in Saudi Arabia. Will be relocating to Sydney by end of August 2014. Look forward to seek any help/direction for settling down.

Cheers!
Danny

Danny,
Talk to me when you arrive.

Hi Mkenya mwenzangu are you in Kenya or Australia?

Julien wrote:

Hi all,

Newbie on the Australia forum? Dont know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We :(  Malaysian male living in Sydney who is interest in living in the Thalyin area, Yangon. I need to help to plan my move in the near future. Thanks Bala.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello All,

This is Sushma here. I will be relocating to NSW soon with my husband and my lil kid. I have joined this blog to know how we can find a job, rent out a property, which suburbs etc.

Basically I want to know what all needs to be planned as soon as i land there.

Hello,

My husband is in the IT field ( Server Admin profile) and he is looking for a job in Sydney Area. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Hello dear all. Me my husband and child are currently planning to move to AU. We are just started our skill assessment process, in few months are going to get a sponsorship from NT, and hopefully will move there by the beginning of next year. May be it's little early to think about, but i would like to start finding and making some new friends over there among other expats who are already there or are just going to move. I think it's a good idea to begin to socialize with others since now, as it will help you to know much more about the future home place, than just making web research on articles. So please don't hesitate to get in touch :) This will really help me much.

Hi I am Mansmoke from Kenya. I would like to come to Australia next year. I am a nurse by profession. Advice me accordingly

Hi,

I'm Abraham from Eritrea currently living in Angola. I've a burning desire of furthering my Education in Australian Universities. Any information that you think is important to make my dream come true, please share. Thank you.

Mansmoke wrote:

Hi I am Mansmoke from Kenya. I would like to come to Australia next year. I am a nurse by profession. Advice me accordingly

First you will need a visa. For visa information and applications www.immi.gov.au

For cost of living www.numbeo.com

For fobs www.seek.com.au

For salary www.payscale.com 

Be advised that Australia is an expensive country to live in. Unemployment is rising and the job market is drying up.

Abraham Tesfatsion wrote:

Hi,

I'm Abraham from Eritrea currently living in Angola. I've a burning desire of furthering my Education in Australian Universities. Any information that you think is important to make my dream come true, please share. Thank you.

You will need to get a student visa and enroll in a university here. For visa www.imm.gov.au
On a student visa you can work part time. University fees are high so you must have enough money to cover the cost and also money to pay for accommodation, food, medical insurance etc.

Hi everybody!!!

Just arrived in Sydney a month ago. Here to travel, work and meet lots of new people!

bonjour

je compte vivre en australie avec mon mari ...Qu'est ce que vous me conseiller STP..Nous sommes les deux diplomées et on travaille dans un centre d'appel..

Merci d'avance pour votre réponse

I live in Zimbabwe and have dreams of furthering my career as an Earthmoving equipment mechanic in Australia. However I don't know where to start, can someone who has knowledge in this help me

Regards
Josiah

Hello guys! I'm Jamie Pasco!A Filipina, 22 years old. I will be coming to Melbourne this coming August 10th 2015 to have my internship. I am looking for an accommodation/house/flat or if you are looking for a flatmate maybe you can  consider me. You can reach me via email: [email protected]

joekraals wrote:

I live in Zimbabwe and have dreams of furthering my career as an Earthmoving equipment mechanic in Australia. However I don't know where to start, can someone who has knowledge in this help me

Regards
Josiah

You will first need a visa. For visa information and applications www.immi.gov.au  This site will tell you what you need in the way of qualifications, experience etc.

Hello dorraCH,

As this is an English speaking forum, kindly use English only.
If you prefer conversing in French please click here. :)

Hello Jamie Pasco,

I invite you to post an ad in the section housing in Melbourne.

All the best,
Olivier
Expat.com Team

Hai Guys!!

I'm Hani from Indonesia, I work as financial planner. I applied working holiday visa so I'd stay for 1 year in Australia. Melbourne, Adelaide and Sydney would be my next destination.

I'll move there maybe in the end of this year or on January next year.. :))

JigneshJani wrote:

I am Jignesh Jani Born in Mumbai and settled in Melbourne, I am Australian Citizen since few yrs, I work as SAP Consultant. I enjoy travelling to different part of world as tourist with my wife and 2 kids after doing my home work on TripAdvisor, Lonely Planet Google etc and book itinerary myself :-)

could u please help me to go to australia..i need a sponsor...please

dorraCH wrote:

could u please help me to go to australia..i need a sponsor...please

You will not get anyone to sponsor you as there are legal and financial implications with sponsorship. 
If you get into trouble with the law or with bad debts then the sponsor is legally responsible to rectify the problems. 

Companies can sponsor someone whom the employ from overseas and they have the same responsibilities.

Hello Everyone

My name is Riani, I'm from Jakarta/Indonesia. i have plan to move in Australia next year, i want work there, my professional skill is Marketing Communication, in Bachelor degree. however i don't have enough information about detail to live there or where i can get the job. but in September this i will going to Melbourne, hope i can meet some friends there, to share information.

lets keep contact

Nice to meet u guys  :top:

Rianifitri wrote:

Hello Everyone

My name is Riani, I'm from Jakarta/Indonesia. i have plan to move in Australia next year, i want work there, my professional skill is Marketing Communication, in Bachelor degree. however i don't have enough information about detail to live there or where i can get the job. but in September this i will going to Melbourne, hope i can meet some friends there, to share information.

lets keep contact

Nice to meet u guys  :top:

To get a job you need a visa. For visa information and applications www.immi.gov.au You will need qualifications to assist you in the visa process and theses qualifications will need to come from a recognized teaching or training institute so that the immigration department can check them.

For jobs www.seek.com.au  Unemployment is rising here and companies will hire locals first.

For cost of living www.numbeo.com Cost of living is very high here. Rents, food, transport etc.

Hello all !
I'm Olivia Smith. I'm currently living in Brisbane, where I work at cleaning.urbanquote.com.au-Carpet Cleaning Brisbane doing Marketing Manager. When I'm not working I like to Photography, selfie, Surfing Internet, Making New Friends.

Thanks,
Olivia Smith

Hi All

I am new to this forum. I got PR for Australia and Planning to move in Nov in Brisbane. Need guidance about the job market and how we should get a job? :)

Nagesh50 wrote:

Hi All

I am new to this forum. I got PR for Australia and Planning to move in Nov in Brisbane. Need guidance about the job market and how we should get a job? :)

Try www.seek.com.au

Hello everyone !!!
I am pleased to meet you all!!

I am Kibreab Ande from Eritrea, currently living and working in Luanda-Angola. I recently joined the Expat.com family and I hope to learn more from this group and make good and experienced friends, whom we can help each other for our better and enjoyable life in this playful planet. Now, I am looking for an opportunity to live and work in Australia. Australia is my dream country where I wish to live and work. I have graduated in 2005 from University of Amara majoring in Statistics. Indeed, I have strong desire to pursue my study in my field of interest STATISTICS. As money is the main important thing for my study, I would appreciate in any one can assist me in finding scholarships.

Thus, now I am seeking a helping hand from you guys. Thank you so much!!!!

Hello everyone !!!

I am Kibreab Ande from Eritrea, currently living and working in Luanda-Angola. I recently joined the Expat.com family and I hope to learn more from this group and make good and experienced friends, whom we can help each other for our better and enjoyable life in this playful planet. Now, I am looking for an opportunity to live and work in Australia. Australia is my dream country where I wish to live and work. I have graduated in 2005 from University of Amara majoring in Statistics. Indeed, I have strong desire to pursue my study in my field of interest STATISTICS. As money is the main important thing for my study, I would appreciate in any one can assist me in finding scholarships.

Kibreab Ande wrote:

Hello everyone !!!

For visa information and applications www.immi.gov.au
For jobs www.seek.com.au 

For scholarships you are best do go online and search for something that may suit you.

Hello,

Iam a 27 male from Angola, iam an IT Professional, i love interacting with new people and culture iam looking for new challenges and i would lilke to connect to people who are living or working in Australia and those who have the same aspirations like me... I own a bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Management here in Angola, and i've been working as System Administrator and IT Support Manager for more than 6 years.

I would love to work in the same field in Australia and in Project Management role.

Sponsors are welcome :)

Languages:
English - Intermediate
Portuguese- Fluent

Hi

My name is Laurie, I am 27 and I will be in Perth in September 1st. I am French and I am fluent in English. I have a Bachelor Degree in Spanish language and Marketing. I worked as Marketing Assistant in the UK until the 31st of July. I am looking for a job and I would like to know if someone would have any advice ... I look at the websites, recruitment agencies etc. Also, do you know where I could find a list of French companies in Perth.

Thank you very much for your help and your time.

Laurie

For anyone seeking work in Australia you first need a visa. For visa information and applications www.immi.gov.au 
No visa no chance at getting a job.
Unemployment is on the rise here, companies putting off staff. It is becoming very hard for locals to get work and even harder for expats. Unless you have a unique skill that no local has you will be hard pressed to get work. On the website above there is a list of skills that have priority for visas.
Cost of living is very high here in Australia. We have the 6th highest cost economy in the developed world. Rents, transport, food, education etc expensive www.numbeo.com will give you costs.

I do not know of any French companies in Perth. You may be best to do a Google search.  Sorry to sound pessimistic but that is the reality.

Closed