Salary enquiry for a mechanical engg:

Hi everyone,
I would like to know what kind of salary is being offered to a mechanical engineer. the field i am offered job is oil and gas. It is an EPC company. What amount can be considered decent considering i have accomodation, travel, and medical expenses provided by my company. also is 200-250 OMR a decent amount for a mechanical engg: fresher in this field.

Ask For 300-500 At least And Get in Done Between provided with all the Benefits you have mentioned

ok thank you. btw if its ok. can u tell me approx how much i have to spend in rials for an oman driving license?

siv108 wrote:

Hi everyone,
I would like to know what kind of salary is being offered to a mechanical engineer. the field i am offered job is oil and gas. It is an EPC company. What amount can be considered decent considering i have accomodation, travel, and medical expenses provided by my company. also is 200-250 OMR a decent amount for a mechanical engg: fresher in this field.

Brother,
Oil&Gas - EPC and this salary ? ....  Are you joking or what..............!!!  Do you even know your worth, being an Engineer (If you really are) ? A professional engineer with 5 years of experience in Oil&Gas industru is generally hired at a salary of (Atleast) OMR 2000 plus all the benefits. The major EPC/EMC contractors are working under the roof of PDO and the salaries of the employees are approved as per the standards and then offered.

I really doubt which company is offering you 200 OMR for an engineering status. I would suggest you to please know your worth and don't ruin the market by accepting the below average salaries.

Would you mind, elaborating the company details (Which has offered you this salary - Even if you're a fresher).

Regards,

hai schaz

Can you tell me what a mechanical fresher is worth in an EPC, Oil and Gas?