Moving to Spain - but where?

Hello all! I am a 65-year-old widow and have long dreamed of retiring to Spain. I, my son, daughter-in-law and two young grandsons are now considering a move within the next few years but have no idea of the ideal place to settle without holding extensive holidays in the country and doing a lot of driving around. Employment is not a consideration as my son receives an invalidity pension following an accident at work and the decision will depend on the availability of long-term, unfurnished rental properties, a good local school for the boys and, preferably, the existence of a social network for my DiL, who is Filipina. I have been totally unable to find any information whatsoever on any Filipino contacts in Spain. Is there anyone out there who can advise on any of these points? My son is considering the Valencia area - I would be happy anywhere from Barcelona to Cartegena :/

Hi,

You may like to check out the Internations website. Internations org
There you may beable to locate Phillipine people in Spain.

Good luck

Thanks for your reply. However, surely thatŽs not the full website address :blink: ?

please google Internations.. there you will see the website

We are presently living in Calif USA. Just got back from Spain. Fell in love with Alicante and Torrevija. They are 45 minutes apart and give a great feel for living. Live in one and visit the other.

Im sorry ...Im far if you are moving to Valencia

Depends what you want , most ex pat communities seem to be on urbanisations ,

Generally the plots are smaller but you would have a good social network and infrastructure.

Or there is the campo , ( country ) Normally I bit more remote , some times without infrastructure
( dirt roads, no water, mains drainage etc. ), but plot sizes are generally quite large.

We chose the campo , but both options have good and bad points , depending on what you want

Tony Agost

Hello! I'm from Cartagena, Murcia. For more than a year of living here, i haven't seen any filipinos and that has made me quite bored and sad. Though the place is good especially that there are good beaches nearby, friendly and lively people, incredible festivals etc.., but i'm still quite lonely, and got homesick for i don't have filipino friends. Hopefully, i can find anyone someday and i'd be happy then. I'm willing to meet up your Filipina girl if ever you're gonna move here, so just let me know. :)

ijanice wrote:

Hello! I'm from Cartagena, Murcia. For more than a year of living here, i haven't seen any filipinos and that has made me quite bored and sad. Though the place is good especially that there are good beaches nearby, friendly and lively people, incredible festivals etc.., but i'm still quite lonely, and got homesick for i don't have filipino friends. Hopefully, i can find anyone someday and i'd be happy then. I'm willing to meet up your Filipina girl if ever you're gonna move here, so just let me know. :)

Hello! :)
Last summer I was on holiday in the Philippines and was a wonderful experience, because I would spend more time and learn a little more the country and its people. I want to improve my English. It really gives me respect be there alone, to be a longer season. I would contact some Spaniards and Filipinos residing there, and I can recommend, good places and rent a room, etc ...

Thank you very much, and congratulations to all.

merielle_dees wrote:

Im sorry ...Im far if you are moving to Valencia

Hi I'm from Valencia, and next year I will go to the Philippines to be a season and I would like you to recommend me safe and cheap places.
Thank you
Greetings

Alicante is beautiful if you like quiet and extraordinary coast areas. I strongly recommend!