New members of the Bulgaria forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Bulgaria forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Bulgaria if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello Everyone,
I am born and raised in Toronto, Canada to Portuguese immigrant parents.
I have studied both Portuguese and English all my life and have also lived in both countries for extended periods of time. I hold both a Portuguese and Canadian citizenship.
I am recently engaged to be married to a Bulgarian national and we will be living in Sofia at the end of April.
I am looking for Portuguese, Canadians or Portuguese-Canadians who are currently living in Sofia for socializing, networking and professional opportunities.
Thanks,
Will

Здравейте, всичко!

I'm planning on doing a scouting trip to BG to see if I would like to live there long term.  Looking mainly at Plovdiv or somewhere on Black Sea coast.  I'm currently in the service deployed overseas.  Not too much enjoying the look of things back home.  I've been trying to expatriate for a while but often had a wrench thrown in my plans. 

Born and raised in the US.  Fluent in Spanish and Portuguese, currently studying Bulgarian.

I look forward to getting to know cool folks here on forum. 

Поздраве!

Hi WIll,

I'm an American living/studying in Sofia, Bulgaria..and was born in Sao Paulo, Brazil...although my Portuguese is a little rusty!

I would be glad to show you around when you get here...especially the university!

Best wishes,

Dan

Hello Dears,

I am native Bulgarian and I love to contact with different nationalities and travel abroad.
So if you need some help or questions about the life in Bulgarian I will be glad to answer you.  :)

Regards,

[Moderated: no free ad here pls]

Hi all , im Adrian and my wife Lynn have moved over here just outside Ruse,been here now just over the year, love it and wish we done it sooner. now retired and enjoying life . previously working in the U.K. with the forces ( mod ) and lynn as a buyer for a electrical company . originaly from Oxford . We have friends in our village and the next one along, but would also like to meet and make new friends in the RUSE area.

Hey Lizilou!

We are moving to Varna next month. Where in BG were you before and how are you finding Varna (we've never been before).

Thanks

L

Hi!
I'm Gargi. I'm a law student in India. I'll be in Sofia (May-July) for an internship with two of my friends.

Hi Gargi I hope you and your friend enjoy Bulgaria Sofia is a nice city

Hello to all, my name is Gale, we are looking to move to Bulgaria this year, we are looking to rent a rural house around Burgus area whilst we look to buy a property there, i have looked on websites etc and there dose not seem to be a lot of properties to rent, anyone got any informations for me that may help. Thanks

Hello to everyone,

My name is Michael from Canada. I'm a teacher and sales representative, and recently I met someone special from Bulgaria. I want to move to Sofia, Bulgaria. If I sell my belongings I will have enough for a ticket and my belongings to bring. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get started once I get there. Do I need a work visa? I've been too www.jobs.bg to look for work.

I'm excited about starting my new life. I appreciate any good advice from anyone!

Cheers!

Michael   :)

And yes, I'm very naive. :P

Seems like we are sailing on the same boat.i am also trying to move to bulgaria coz of a special someone.i am an IT professional from India.i wil let you know if i hear something.in the meantime you can look for jobs in bulgaria on online portlal jobs.bg ..if you get to know something please let me know as well.FYI it is good to be naive sometimes.Cheers!

hi all,
i am new in this blog, i was born and raised in Bandung , Indonesia.
I'm married with Bulgarian and blessed with a baby boy, I lived in Dimitrovgrad, Bulgaria since 2011.
my spouse working in Guernsey,UK .
i'm looking for job in hospitality, as a Chef de Partie. kindly assist me  :)

thank you

[Moderated: please post an advert in the Houses for sale in Bulgaria section]

Hi there, I'm John, been living in Bulgaria for a few years now, loving the life on the whole, looking forward to 'meeting' other members. Thanks.

Zdrasti - I am Rich (name only), I joined this blog to meet up with others, especially from the US, who are either retired in Bulgaria, or are seriously considering the same.

Please feel free to raise your hand as we very likely can help each other with some of the obstacles inherent to a Bulgarian retirement. :)

Thank you

Hi, I'm Adriana, been living in Bulgaria for a couple of years now, looking forward to meeting other members. Thanks

hai i now living in bulgariq but i want to leave bulgariq i want to move  in switzerland tell me about the live there and i want to meet with friends there but i can help fot those who want to come in bulgariq to give advise

Been living in Bulgaria for around 8 years now off and on.
Started buying several houses to renovate.
Had a new house built.
Now just got our main house and 2 other renovated properties next door and apartment close to Sunny Beach.
Run a dog charity here.
We are Kazanlak area/Stara Zagora

thanks i want to meet with you and send me contact to call you

Ciao, non so parlare inglese, ma tu il bulgaro non lo parli almeno poco ? Arrivo a Ruse fine luglio e ci staro fino a 10 settembre, mi piacerebbe conoscerci, co sono nata pero sono tanti anni che non ci vivo, mi farebbe tanto piacere, sscrivimi e buona estate, ciao
Zenith

Hi Zenith,

As this is the anglophone forum could you please post in English?
You might want to interact in Italian here: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=6277

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team

hi im samir from tunisia i have married with a bilgarian women and im a Future Student in sofia university , now im looking for a half day job
thank you

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hello:)

I'm Pawel. I come from Poland, currently living and working in Sofia since 2 weeks. I'ld like to meet some friends so if you are still looking for expats / new friends, please contact me.

Looking forward to seeing you:)
Pawel

Che peccato, non capisco nulla dell.inglese...mi dispiace, um saluto
Zenith

Hello all

@Zenith : As you are on the anglophone version of the site, I kindly invite you to post only in english so that members can understand and interact with you.

Regards

Kenjee

Hi everyone.. I am Aris from Philippines.. I would like to invite everybody to come and dine at the newly opened teppanyaki dinner at the Beso Bar and Dinner, Sofia. Experience the new asian way of cooking with live showmanship.. What are you waiting for? Come one, come all!!

[Moderated: Off topic.]

Mi dispiace, parlo solo italiano e bulgaro pero forse capiro anche lo spagnolo se vuoi provare, ciao

Hi zenith07 - it would be great if we keep the discussion in English please :)

Hi everyone~ my name is Dzung,23years old, I'm from Viet nam, I have been living in Sofia for 2 months and going to live here at the end of the year... ( sorry for my bad English). I can't speak Bulgarian, I found that really hard to find some new friends and find a job... I decided join this forum, hope somebody can help me~ thank u so much ^^

Hi I have some vietnamese friends working withme here at the Beso Restaurant.. somewhere along todor kableshkov.. you can come and visit our restaurant and ask some information with the vietnamese people here..

I have few business plan . So that i can start with having ab office in Bulgaria.

Hi Vasil. I am planning to migrte to bulgaria. Have lots of business option. Guide me.

Hi Adriana.
how can i come to bulgaria. What are the business opportunity out there from India. Since one I am in South Africa.
my mail id. [email protected]
whattsapp no +919971146854

August 1st, 2014
Hello, I'm Mike. After living in Turkey for 15 years, I have recently moved to Tsarichino as my Turkish holiday is now finished. I am married and live close to Balchik by the Black Sea. I have recently started to learn Bulgarian in Balchick with a private tutor. OMG! it is difficult but I and my neighbour are determined.

Closed