Places to Visit in Manila for A Muslim Egyptian Executive

Hi there!

I'm supposed to arrive in Manila 2 days ahead of my boss' arrival there in the third week of August this year, as we are on a mission to recruit for more engineers and skilled manpower to work here in Saudi Arabia.

My concern is I haven't visited the Philippines for the past 3 years now, and I haven't worked there for six years, and so I am no longer familiar of the places. I would like to arrange for my boss' leisure activities at the end of our daytime work, and invite him for dinner at unique restaurants that trademarks the host country (the Philippines) but compatible with the practices of Islam.

I would appreciate for any of your kind advice.

Cheers :)

I can't help out on this one - but I hope someone here can. It's an interesting one!
Prior to the Philippines I lived in Malaysia, which of course has a huge engineering base and is a Muslim country, but leisure activities appropriate in Manila? Hmm... I hope someone can suggest some ideas for you. I am sure there are several halal restaurants - try Google? Likewise there are sure to be acceptable prayer rooms in the capital too.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance, but I'm sure someone here can help out with a few suggestions. I'm not Muslim myself but several islands in the Philippines are, so there should be access to suitable places in Manila for sure. Good luck. Andrew.

Thank you for your insightful response.

I was just wondering if you can recommend to me a good restaurant within Manila, Makati and Bonifacio Global City?

I think my respond is late already :(
I am Egyptian Muslim lives in Philippines
If you still here, let me know if you need anything

Thanks

Hello Adhamfarah,

Welcome to Expat-Blog..:)

Thank you for your kind help.

This discussion is not active since July 2014 but you can participate on the other threads available on the Manila forum.

Thank you
Yuveshen