Prescription charges/dental charges

anyone advise on prescription and dental charges.

how much etc

how does one see a GP in malta.

I am from UK.
my husband is in receipt of state pension.

thank you

dental - you have to go private - charges less than private UK

doctor - you can see a GP for free (if you qualify) at the polyclinics, or pay if you have a house call/go to their surgery - I'll send you a PM on this and other things

dentists here are much cheaper than UK - e.g two teeth taken out 50e.....so not bad....as for doctors - i visited mine the other week got a full checkup (not had one for years)....cost me 10euros at my local pharmacy clinic.....medications prescribed only cost me 12 euros so well pleased....

but be aware of the fact some are more expensive than others - my village doctors range from 7 euros to 15 euros per consultation....and as for opticians their charges for eye tests vary quite a bit too from 20-35 euros... prices for glasses clearly (or not so clearly LOL) vary dependant on prescription but as a general rule they are a little more expensive than UK...again it depends if you want designer frames and have specific lens requirements i.e varifocals tints scratch resistance transitions etc

Has the situation on prescription glasses changed much?

I pay appx 50 per month for medication.
Read this for additional relevant info (health section) https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=370643
Many have eye tests then buy spectacles online. I would also advise, if you need to wear spectacle, prescription sunglasses with extra tinting. Have to ask for this in UK as not normally done so dark as needed here and 'wrap round' ones are best to wear out here.

I had dental care  done at Savina  clinic in Gozo, , After an accident I needed upper and lower dentures and the total cost  was 2000 Euros (  TG my insurance paid 1500 of that)

You need to pay  for prescriptions , but the cost is quite reasonable, of course it depends on the type of med you need

ursulasaulie wrote:

I had dental care  done at Savina  clinic in Gozo, , After an accident I needed upper and lower dentures and the total cost  was 2000 Euros (  TG my insurance paid 1500 of that)

You need to pay  for prescriptions , but the cost is quite reasonable, of course it depends on the type of med you need

2000 euros for dentures? Just dentures??

Just to say thanks for replying to my post.💓

full dentures, upper and lower,   pulling teeth and  some crowns.... It was much  cheaper than in Germany or in the US, however the  hospital also has a dental clinic and  I think that's free

Jess Williams wrote:

Has the situation on prescription glasses changed much?

And...........'Just to say thanks for replying to my post'

If we knew what you meant by that question, someone would have replied to it sooner!!!
I certainly do not know what you are asking.
What 'situation'??????