Visa question

My wife is considering taking an English teaching job in Kuwait. I have a few questions relating to the kind of visa I'd need as a spouse. I understand that while it's not easy, it is possible for a wife (who is a teacher) to sponsor her husband for a visa. However, what kind of visa is given? Does it entitle me to work? I am a co-owner of a consulting firm. I would want to continue working for this company while my wife works as a teacher in Kuwait. Is that kind of work permitted in Kuwait (i.e. if I'm not working for an employer in Kuwait, but I am engaged in work while living there)?

Any thoughts would be really greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Article  (19)
Required Documents
Copy of the civil ID for the sponsor of Article (19) residents    -    
Copy of the dependant's passport for Article (19) residents    -    
Salary certificate of government sector employees for Article (19) residents    -    
Copy of the company contract or license, provided that the applicant must get the general manager's approval    -    
Copy of the attested marriage contract or proof of kinship document    -    
Copy of the work permit to define the salary condition of civil sector employees for Article (19) residents. Provider's monthly salary should not be less than 400 DK

Regard
Omar

it is a case-by-case basis unfortunately; lets tackle your issues one by one:

1) yes; it is difficult as you mention; you would get a family visa - i think its article 19 or 22; but again, its not guaranteed that they would allow a wife to sponsor her husband.

to circumvent this, your best bet would be to fly in and out of Kuwait every 3 months.

2) you need to give a bit more info on your work inquiry; do u mean u would be approaching clients for your consulting firm here? that is a grey area. they cannot ask you to disclose about your business abroad, however depending upon the nature of the consultancy work being offered, in order ot be a registered vendor with companies in Kuwait to do business with, you would need a proper legal entity which requires a kuwaiti partner unfortunately.