Malaysian Airlines 017

Another tragedy for Malaysian Airlines with 300 people on board shot down by air missile....

Horrific to say the least, and the news footage from the crash site particularly hitting as the cameraman zoomed in on a copy of the Lonely Planet guidebook to Bali and Lombok on the ground amongst the wreckage.

Yes very tragic news. Such a great airline as well. Fingers already being pointed at Russia so it won't be a pleasant few days. I guess the Armageddon clock will move a second more closer to zero now until it is resolved.
However I will still with them given the chance. I have always found them better than Singapore Airlines.

Both sides are blaming the other.
I heard a report the rebels claim to have shot down a transport, then retracted their claim. I have no link to this at the moment so it could be a lie.

The latest I read was a transcript of intercepted phone conversation between rebels which clearly shows they did shoot the plane down in mistake for a Russian transport plane.

Yes Malaysian Airlines has much been through this year. I sat in the same airplane four months a go, back from Netherland to Jakarta. To think about that gave me a goosebump. MA is a good airplane.
RIP  :sosad:

stumpy wrote:

The latest I read was a transcript of intercepted phone conversation between rebels which clearly shows they did shoot the plane down in mistake for a Russian transport plane.

If it wasn't a fake.
A lot of money involved here, so take care what you believe.

The black box was sent to Russia what I heard, why there if it is true??

Malaysian Airlines will not survive, since years they are in financial trouble and millions of USD they will have to pay to the families....even though the loss was due to terror acts, war etc.

The personal stories of the victims now emerge.

Here in Bali we lost five citizens, two Balinese, one male, and one female, both young and both from Singaraja.  The other three was a family of a Dutch male expat, his non Balinese Indonesian wife and their 2 year old baby living here on Bali.   

The young Bali lad came from a poor family and was well known at the foundation I work with in Singaraja.  One of his teachers recalled a remark he once made along the lines of, "when I die I want the whole world to know."  The young Balinese lady, Ketut was a well known singer.   

The Jawa Post recently ran photos of all the Indonesian victims and of course, this same thing...putting faces to the victims, is going on all over the world.

The responsibility for this heinous act is increasingly clear to be with Putin.  How he handles this, and his now run amok separatists, will impact the Russian people considerably.  Lets hope he does right by them (his citizens) and all the families of the victims.

It just a shame Malaysia air lines seem to be in the wrong places at the wrong time. Anymore... And yes I see this to be hard for them to recoop from all this yet again...But I know for a fact there is more going on as well with Asia Air is getting bigger and bigger I see it every where I go.

But flying over a country in that's in conflicts hmmm not good idea...

I've never flown Malaysia Airlines and, fair or not, I don't think I'm going to any time soon.

I do not fly them iether. Mostly Lion air, Garuda, or China airlines. But i have advantage my wife is a travel agent for over 20 years and does all my bookings for me. And i keep up with what all goes on airline wise thru her. Needless to say lol

The second is highly unlikely to be MAS's fault, but they should have changed routes away from a war zone, as should all the others.
The first, no clue, exactly the same as everyone else.

I have flown them, and they were very good.

Yes that was my point its not like the russian and ukraine conflicts news stories were New...but why we will probably never know as usually....hi there mas i only cought up with the forum today been vary busy...

MH4 was flying on Sunday from London to KL but passing Syria another war zone, it was the only intercontinental flight doing so.

www.flightradar24.com

They want to get rid of their aircrafts or why they take that route as the only airline??

It's pretty hard to fly across this planet without crossing over a war zone.

Not really....others can do it also

I fly over half way around world every year from usa to jakarta and never over war zone but usa will restrict airlines not to fly over them...for public transportion...

Hailey has a point though, it just depends how you describe a war zone or the damage being done to people when you fly over it.
Thailand, Burma, China, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Israel, Palestine, turkey, Serbia Bosnia, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Basque region Spain, northern Ireland all have some form of military conflict going on beit small or large. The fact is most of those countries don't point very large surface to air missiles into the sky and fire them when they see planes. Flying east to west you have to fly over some place of conflict.

Yes i know what you mean but most of my flights are over ocean like my last chicago to tokyo to jakarta all ocean hehehe

Fly the other way round the world far more fun

Yes i bet soo but i think that would be more like playing checkers never knowing when your gonna get kinged hehebebe

Just remembering i have flown the other way from L A X to tiape taiwan then to jakarta but for me it was same all ocean. I think its because i fly from the center of usa Kansas.....not the coastal parts...but if i know there is a conflict of a country i chexk my flight status no matter what i been around a few times hehehehe