Moving soon...housing pinch

Hello everybody!

I was browsing the site this morning...awesome & informative reading! 

I was hoping maybe someone would have some advice but I do realize that you may not have any answers for me.  My wife was just accepted into a masters program at University of Edinburgh (and she is hoping to continue on to a doctoral program there afterwards), but we are having one heck of a time finding housing.  With classes beginning soon there we are in a bit of a pinch.  We have reached out to some realtors in Edinburgh and without the time to come and view an apartment ahead of time they seem to want nothing to do with helping us.  We have cats, which leaves most of the hotels wanting nothing to do with us either.

Does anyone know of a realtor who might be able to help in this situation?  Or even a suggestion for long term temporary housing/hotels?

Any advice anyone can share would be unbelievably helpful!  Thanks!!!

The Edinburgh Solicitors Property Centre handles 85% of all domestic property sales in Edinburgh and Lothians. They also handle a lot of domestic property letting so Google "ESPC".

if you check on gum tree Edinburgh you can find loads but rrmember to sign a contract in advance before you accept any accomodation

[moderated: please avoid free ads on the forum + post in Housing in Scotland section]

thank you