Considering moving to Doha

Hi everyone , I have been offered a nursing position in a new hospital in Doha and I am looking for other nurses who live in the city who can tell me more about life in the city, what the accommodation is like and what working conditions are like. Is it easy to make friends in Doha? And what is life like for single people? Does anyone have any ideas what the salary for nurses are ? :-)

The city is great, work is great. Don't wait too long to move

Any job pls accpete  my name is Israel Negash ***

Israel Negash Belay wrote:

Any job pls accpete  my name is Israel Negash ***

Welcome to Expat.com.

In order to assist you we will need more information. 
What sort of work are you looking for
What qualifications do you have
How much experience do you have.

Most overseas companies need this information as it is a government requirement before they can offer you a position.

Its a lovely city to live and work in, the people are very friendly and the standard of living is really high.
It's easy to make friends here as there is lots going on, and there are 80% ex pats in Qatar so there's loads of scope to meet new people - e.g. Arabic classes, yoga classes, coffee mornings, diving clubs etc etc whatever your interest is.

West Bay is a lovely area to live in, and the tourism in Qatar is developing quickly.  Feel free to email me if you do come over: ***
All the best
liz

Hey Lauren !! The accommodation and salary u will find that in the contract :) what's the name of this  hospital

Very helpful thank you, how long have you been in qatar and how do you cope with the heat?

I'm still waiting for the contract they will give me that once my references have come through. The hospital is called sidra it is still in the process of being built I believe.

well i heard about it before
and here is what they offer
Benefits :
    Highly attractive and competitive salary (paid tax free in Qatar)
    Healthcare and dental insurance
    Sidra provided housing facilities or housing allowance (dependent upon level of position)
    Company provided transport or transportation allowance
    Paid private school education for your children (dependent upon level of position)
    Other financial rewards: Performance Incentive Bonuses, Annual Gratuity payment, , etc...
    Generous paid vacation time and public holidays
    Annual Airfare allowance
    Mobilization and Repatriation airfares
    Continuous Professional Development opportunities
    Work-life balance: At Sidra, we also promote a culture that encourages a good work-life balance that makes room for exploring and expanding personally and professionally, taking advantage of everything Qatars vibrant and growing culture has to offer

http://careers.sidra.org/sidra/home.aspx

Hi Lauren I am also applying to sidra what position did you get? How did you find the interview process, the whole salary thing is such a mystery!

Hi everyone!  Im a canadian RN with 4,5 years obstetrics experience who have been working in a teaching and research center. Profco (agency recruitment) contact me a while ago  for a position at the new Sidra research center that will open I think in May 2016 and the interview will take place after the shortlist the 25 of february.  Im a moroccan originaly but I ve been raised in canada I speak french english and arabic. I am married but no kids, the agency told me that sidra offer the family contract  but my husband will have to join 6 to 8 weeks later is it possble for him to come with me as visitor first incase there is complication with the family contract?. I know its too soon  but would like to know some information about the contract like the salary and benefits is it worth it knowing that life in  qatar is expensive. Any tips for the interview .
Thank you

Hi Lauren. Am also being hired by sidra to work there in Doha. I think the place is more open than Saudi Arabia. About the salary i have ask some friends in Doha, they respond lucky for you. So I think it's okay.. :)

Hi All, I am trying to find employment in Qatar. Can anyone send me details of employment agencies please?

Hi,

What kind of job you are looking for.?

Let us know, whether we can try.

There are a lot of manpower agencies.

Also, there a lot of jobless employees in Qatar already.

Thanks
www.vloveqatar.com

Hello thank you for responding... I am a skilled professional, but I will do any work.  Secretarial, English teaching etc... may I send you a copy of my cv?  i have a sister in Doha and I want to be reunited with her..