Is salary of US$ 10,000 enough to live well in jakarta

more than enough except if you want to live like socialita, paris hilton, kim kadarshian, etc.. you can use half your money for live. that is enough.

Nneena wrote:

Hi I may shift to Jakarta as an expat so how much in US dollars will be best offer from the company ????for a good standard of living there as an expat??your replies are highly appreciated.

em.. i think..you can find many est company with high salary in Jakarta..wel..moreover if you had skill in english and compter, that would be greta.. now iam trying apply for job in Jakarta also...

i am shortly shifting to Jakarta with my wife and one kid. My company is paying the following:
1000 USD per month for housing.
1500 USD per moth as salary.

Can any body tell if that is enough for a decent living.

Just search through the countless other posts in this regarding this question for detail and detailed answers, but yes it is.

$10000 USD is more than too much

what kind of profession you are?  I was surprised...

kingwilly wrote:

$10K is 90 million juta, If housing, schools, tax and medical are paid for it's a pretty good wage, if not, it's still ok, but probably on the same level as a teacher at an international school.

Bear in mind that English teachers seem to do ok on less than 10 mill a month.

Agree. You have to find out what your company offers for you and your family besides the basic salary.
Children education, housing, maids/driver,cars are usually provided by the company. If that's your case, then you should be fine!

My advice would be, start browsing online, read about the city, the people, the food, the schools, housing area etc

Indonesia is a beautiful country, traffic is probably crazy in Jakarta and some areas in West Java. But that's really not a reason not to go. Plenty of beautiful  islands to go to for a vacation with your family, friendly people, nice food :)

It all depends on your needs...:-) US$10,000 should be enough to spend per month...

Newinjkt wrote:

It all depends on your needs...:-) US$10,000 should be enough to spend per month...

Most local middle class families live on less than US$500 per month, a lot more people live on a lot less.

kingwilly wrote:

$10K is 90 million juta, If housing, schools, tax and medical are paid for it's a pretty good wage, if not, it's still ok, but probably on the same level as a teacher at an international school.

Bear in mind that English teachers seem to do ok on less than 10 mill a month.

its not yearly pay. Its monthly pay hhahhahaa

Nneena wrote:

Thanks Fred but I have my family also with me i.e my two kids and wife,so I need a very clean nice place near to International schools and near to my office aswell.So no other choice than to waste money on that if i get one near to these places!!!

You have wife???
Your profile says you are female. Why you fake ur gender?

I may move to Jakarta. I will be working for a Telecom company. They have asked me for what I want in monthly salary in US$. I need to pay a management fee of US#1,300 per month and rent I am told is approx US$1,500 per month. I am asking for US$13,000 per month. Is this a good salary or only liveable? (In Australia I get AU$300,000 per annum).

Hmmm, you're making AU 300k a year now in OZ and you're thinking of asking for $13k a month to live in Jakarta? 

What's up with that…almost cutting your current salary by half?

Thanks for that; but I really do not know what to ask for in Jakarta. AU $ 300,000 gets taxed heavily and Australia is going downhill. It lacks the dynamism of Hong Kong, Jakarta etc. What should I ask for as a Senior Data Analyst at a leading Telco in Indonesia (on contract not permanent)?

Dude

Believe me you can have a good lifestyle in Jakarta for 10k per month.
Well if you call good lifestyle being stuck in traffic for 4 hours + every day.

And you will probably get a nice house and car and maid and driver all paid for too. Price of living is less than Aus so yeah you can live well for 10k per month.

Thanks too! I want to live in a serviced apartment in CBD and work will be in CBD so won't need car. My lifestyle is simple, 0500 go to gym, 0700 breakfast, 0830 - 1730 work, 1800 - 2100 restaurant / drinks. My only vice is I am a geek and LUV toys (ie iPhone, iPad, Macbook Air, digital watches etc etc). Just want to have excess funds to invest on stockmarket as I am starting from scratch after divorce ($$$$$). Do not know my tax situation yet in Jakarta too (40%??).

Not sure but i believe if on working vias then 40%. have fun

samratbhatta_4u wrote:

i am shortly shifting to Jakarta with my wife and one kid. My company is paying the following:
1000 USD per month for housing.
1500 USD per moth as salary.

Can any body tell if that is enough for a decent living.

Hi! Samrat

From my personal experience 1500 USD is not enough to live decently with a kid. Indonesia is quite expensive for Expat living..  International schools fee,Indian grocery and other things are quite pricey.  Expats mostly are getting USD Monthly Salary + House rent allowance + Telephone Bill + all Visa expenses + Income Tax + yearly Family Air ticket to home Country + Car, fuel and Driver+ yearly Bonus + Medical Insurance etc paid by the Employer.You please check and calculate ... best wishes ....

This thread on money has 12,000 views whilst the thread on love has 2,000. Thats a little bit sad I think.

No worries Sam.  This thread is 19 months old whilst the one on love is barely two weeks old.  Give it time.  :)

Fair point :D

To all in the chain mail.
Thanks for your advices. It should be helping me too.

10.000 US you will live like a president you will be rich man

how much money we have to go indonesia from india

A lot money you go from India....inglish lessens very very xpenses

Old thread, same question. Same answers. Boring.

Read the threads already posted not ask the same question about the same thing that was asked so many times before. Please.