Work Visa Renewal

Hi Everyone,

I have been in Angola since 2009, this is my second work visa (1st from 2009 to 2012), Aug 2013 - 2014. I need to renew it next month. Would like to know how long it takes for the renewal. Earlier renewals took between 2 - 4 weeks but since they change rules and regulations regularly not sure how long it will take now.

This is my 4th work visa, I heard that SME make it an issue to renew the 5th work visa as the candidate is eligible to apply for a residence visa after the 5th work visa (I have no intention).

Appreciate your advice on this.

Best rgds

YPerera

(Moderated: off topic + post your ad in the housing section pls)

Work Visa renewal may take anywhere from 3 months to 3 years. That, was the status from 2008 to 2013.  Maybe there is a change now? I do not know. The immigration department is full of SHIT ad people wanting to make a fast buck.
Is it not your Company's responsibility to renew your Work Visa?
Good Luck.

Hi lawpadam,

Yes its the companies responsibility but I just want to know the duration as we know things change in Angola all the time. In the past my visa renewals took between 2 to 5 weeks, which is not bad. Also need to have contacts inside SME to get things expedited. I hope the new person handling this from my company has the relevant contacts.

Rgds

YPerera