Application / Web development work in Odessa Ukraine & visas

Hi

I want to keep working for my current employer in South Africa but move to Ukraine, what process can I follow to apply for a work visa in the Ukraine, i.e I won't have an invitation letter as I would be working for a South African company but I want to work from the Ukraine. (Odessa)

What steps should I follow and what documentation do I need, I want to stay in Odessa for at least 2 years.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jaco

Hi

As far as I know you can stay here for 3 months legally. Many people how come here to study Russian for example (they go to study it in Ukraine, because it is a problem to go to Russia) they ussually stay no longer than 3 monthes.

Why is it a problem to go to Russia? I was just there for two months and didn't have any problems.

I visit Couchsurfing meetings and a lot of people told me, that before go to Russia or Belorussia, they need to gather some doucemts, pay for visa, wait 2 weeks and only after that they can go to these countries. Maybe it is not so difficult to do, but foreigner prefer Ukraine. Because you can just go here any time you want.

Now the situation is different with Russia because of what they have been doing in an effort to disrupt Ukraine. Remember, we US citizens need a visa to travel to Russia. I have an expired Russian visa in my passport and I am always questioned on my business trips as to why I went to Russia ... Especially when I enter Ukraine, Georgia, and Poland. Most Polish immigration officials know I broker their vodka so we have a good laugh.

Also, I would reconsider visiting Russia just in terms of one's personal safety. I am sure glad that I fell in love and married a Ukrainian gal. Eventhough we have not declared Russians Persona Non Grata, it is upon to the investigating officer's discretion to approve or disapprove a visa, and frankly a multitude of reasons for denial can always be found.

Because of the current situation, I prefer to stay in the Ukraine.  People are not so uptight as they are in the land up north.  My wife and I live in Kharkov and enjoy it very much.

3 months visa is all you can get.
if you come please bring rooibos and yum yum.
Sean