Picture on your profile

It will be nice if everyone on this site put his/her picture on their profile so that we can see the person behind when we chat.

My avatar is a cartoon of my real self.

Vincentia wrote:

It will be nice if everyone on this site put his/her picture on their profile so that we can see the person behind when we chat.

But how would you know if the picture was genuine ?  Some people are shy and do not want to do so.

Besides the picture one should also disclose home address and phone numbers right??

Well, not everybody feels comfortable to upload his/her image on a public forum...

Women would swoon in front of their computers if I posted my photo.
Heads, and stomachs, would turn.

Oh, go on then, but I was much more handsome when I was younger.

http://www.funnypica.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Ugly-and-Crazy-Men-16.jpg

mas fred wrote:

Women would swoon in front of their computers if I posted my photo.
Heads, and stomachs, would turn.

Oh, go on then, but I was much more handsome when I was younger.

http://www.funnypica.com/wp-content/upl … Men-16.jpg

Really cracks me up in this sahur time! :lol:

Vincentia wrote:

Why yes of course, Vincentia, your opinion is understandable. But some people are simply just don't want to put their own face on internet forum. Maybe they are uncomfortable, maybe for security reason, or maybe just like mas Fred, they are afraid other users can't handle their immaculate handsomeness  :D

As for me, I just don't want to. But it's not a fixed decision anyway (on several internet forum, I used my own pic).

My golden rule: using real photo for avatar is not a compulsory unless it's a dating site  ;)

If fred posted his picture above on a dating site would he be overwhelmed with offers ???    :lol:

I vote no.  This isn't Facebook.  No one needs to know more about any of us than we are willing to share.

I only said it will be nice if we can chat and see who the person behind. Sure its your choice and if you don't feel comfortable with this JUST DON'T DO IT THEN. Its okay with me.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

I vote no.  This isn't Facebook.

Social interaction sites are exactly that.
Expat.com isn't that.

It's a very useful information exchange site, with some social stuff.
Want to see a face, go to a meet.

I never go to meets because I get fed up of girls chatting me up.

Vincentia wrote:

Do you have any idea how many of our female members would disagree totally with you on this? Perhaps you should browse through some of our other national forums and see just how many times female members are subjected to all kinds of unsolicited and persistent propositions from some of the other members simply because they've posted their profile photo. This is exactly why many of them also select a neutral avatar and even go so far as to choose user names that don't even identify their gender.

A much more accurate method of determining whether or not any given member is worth chatting with and adding to one's contact list is the quality of their postings, certainly not what they look like.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

wjwoodward wrote:

Do you have any idea how many of our female members would disagree totally with you on this? Perhaps you should browse through some of our other national forums and see just how many times female members are subjected to all kinds of unsolicited and persistent propositions from some of the other members simply because they've posted their profile photo

A thought.
If I wanted such contact with horny men, could I create a new forum ID, posting my new photo?

http://raqconline.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/beautiful1.jpg

On a more serious note, you are correct - this isn't a dating site, so posting photos would be a less than good idea.

Thank you for ur opinion. You are an expert though. I understand that but I have just another way of thinking about that. I know this is not a dating site but making friends with another expats and sharing our experiences, its what I am looking for. As mas Fred said, I should go to meets then.

Fred, get rid of that jumping sheep and put this photo up and even I'd propose marriage to get a visa!   :dumbom:

I think Expat.com should automatically select from random a picture for us. All pictures should be based on victorian clothing. This would mean all mean in big  hats and all women in formal gowns.
Or from an all you can eat menu from New York. Do you think Julien would go with this?

thanks i am not interested in any evils , i don't care , i am orthodox. by the grace of Allah , enough to  reach my Goal,

What goal is that? And what is this evil you speak of in Expat.com?

mas fred wrote:

My avatar is a cartoon of my real self.

Where did you get that avatar? That should have been reserved for a Kiwi or Aus?
Ok Mods, is it ok to vilify your own countrymen, ( and women )?????

lukereg Today 09:59:04

What goal is that? And what is this evil you speak of in Expat.com?
  Apparently it is telling FUNNY jokes.   ( that's about as evil as anything will get on this site ).

sukabangat wrote:

thanks i am not interested in any evils , i don't care , i am orthodox. by the grace of Allah , enough to  reach my Goal,

Don't you mean, '  to reach your goat '?

Vincentia wrote:

Thank you for ur opinion. You are an expert though. I understand that but I have just another way of thinking about that. I know this is not a dating site but making friends with another expats and sharing our experiences, its what I am looking for. As mas Fred said, I should go to meets then.

Do you know what an EXPERT is?, it's only a drip, under pressure.

Vincentia wrote:

....... I know this is not a dating site but making friends with another expats and sharing our experiences, its what I am looking for. As mas Fred said, I should go to meets then.

People are not here and looking for friends....sharing informations and knowledge is the reason.

"People are not here and looking for friends....sharing informations and knowledge is the reason"

Oh sorry then, I am on the wrong site if I want to have friends cos I am new here and don't know what site this really is. I read Expat.com, share your expat experience and though its nice to have friends all around the world and sharing and learning another cultures cos I am expat myself.
So thank you for the information and good bye

Vincentia wrote:

"People are not here and looking for friends....sharing informations and knowledge is the reason"

Oh sorry then, I am on the wrong site if I want to have friends cos I am new here and don't know what site this really is. I read Expat.com, share your expat experience and though its nice to have friends all around the world and sharing and learning another cultures cos I am expat myself.
So thank you for the information and good bye

A little over-reacting now don't you think so??

Keep sharing your thoughts here and in other threads, people will appreciate it.

Vincentia wrote:

Actually it has nothing to do at all whether people here are looking for friends or not. It's really a matter of how much personal information that people want to put out in public on the internet which can greatly compromise their own personal security and identity; or expose them to spam, etc. Many people are quite uncomfortable about this and rightly so.

That's why we have a private message system, it's a lot safer to exchange information in private where it can't be spied on as easily as it can in public forums. Almost everyone who has had an e-mail account or something else hacked have suffered that fate simply because they made certain information public somewhere on the internet. Do yourself a big favor, just do a Google search of your full name and see exactly what comes back, it will surprise you. Your FB, Linked-in, and all other online social network account will certainly come back, probably even photos you've posted to those accounts too and that's just a beginning.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Not my type.

lukereg wrote:

I think Expat.com should automatically select from random a picture for us. All pictures should be based on victorian clothing. This would mean all mean in big  hats and all women in formal gowns.
Or from an all you can eat menu from New York. Do you think Julien would go with this?

This is the best idea I've ever read on this site.  Maybe even the best online.

Then Hailey get this in to action and have the members in the Indonesian forum trial it.

I can't get a flea to jump.  I'm afraid I wouldn't have much success here.

lukereg wrote:

Then Hailey get this in to action and have the members in the Indonesian forum trial it.

I see you did.
I'll follow ....... if I can find a bouncing sheep in a dress.

Of course, if I do, I won't find much time to post.

mas fred wrote:

I see you did.
I'll follow ....... if I can find a bouncing sheep in a dress.

Of course, if I do, I won't find much time to post.

That's both the most disturbing and funniest thing you've ever posted.

Hi everyone 😜💓

Hi everyone 😜💓

Two, "Hi everyone"s and two smilies, but nothing else.

Do we have another winner?

Ah, a 168cm virgo seeking a man.

Please note - This is not a dating site.

I have to assume the Virgo Constellation is larger than 168cm.