Open my own restaurant

Hello everyone, I just receive a work and holiday visa and really looking forward to visit new zealand next year. I am also looking for a place to open my own restaurant (Thai restaurant) over there in the future.  Could anyone suggest where it would be a good location? ( prefer a smaller city). Thank ou in advance

Petchnapar79 wrote:

Hello everyone, I just receive a work and holiday visa and really looking forward to visit new zealand next year. I am also looking for a place to open my own restaurant (Thai restaurant) over there in the future.  Could anyone suggest where it would be a good location? ( prefer a smaller city). Thank ou in advance

Welcome to the forum.

I suggest you check out this website www.immigration.govt.nz for via information. This will show you what is needed before you can open a restaurant in NZ. You will need a a certain amount of money and employ a number of locals.

HI Petchnapar79,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have created a new topic as from your post on the New Zealand forum for better visibility and interaction ;)

Thank you so much stumpy and Christine

Hi ..its illegal to work in a restaurant that you own without the correct visa..you will need to apply for an entrepreneur visa