Best place to live in Lombardy Region?Seeking work in entertainment

Hello friends-My name is Sandy, I am still in the states and planning my move for Spring/Summer 2015.
I work in the arts and am looking to tap the market and meet friends in the industry; fashion, music, film, TV, radio, cultural events and journalism. I am looking for advice and suggestions for the safest and most active places to live in the Lombardy region; Como, Milano and everywhere in between, also nearby Lugano. My considerations for livable areas with access to city center, affordable housing, good schools and universities, close to shops and businesses and parks. I would love new friends with families and kids in their early-late teens and university aged kids. Currently I am a music video producer, in the past I have worked as- a talent manager and booking agent, journalist for cultural magazines, concert promoter, fashion branding, photographer and designer representative in the fashion industries, in house publicist for record labels, artist management companies, arts correspondent.
I need to learn more Italian and guidance on how to make my move effective and where to seek work in these markets.
Many thanks for your friendship and suggestions! I am a fun person who is very genuine and loves travel, fine dining, concerts.
Take care and Ciao Amici!!
Sandy

Hello illuminata8

Kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Italy forum so as to help you get better interactions.

Regards
Kenjee

Hello Sandy,
My name is Kelly. I am 28 and I live and work in Milan area. Having a look to your profile, your work experience, it seems like Milan is the right city for you to live and work. Lombardy has o lot of beautiful places to live but notice that for the kind of job you're looking for, I think Milan is the best place. Regarding the industries Milan is the most developed city in the Lombardy region(in Italy too), and it is definitely the capital of the fashion. Now, the question is where do you want to live??!! Would you like Milan City center or province??? In Milan city center is pretty safe and very well served by public transportation,but it can be difficult to find good rent prices. While in province you have to move with cars(traffic here can sometimes be awful) or take trains, buses etc. and you can find good rent prices. You can have everything in Milan, including  good schools for your kids, shops, bussineses, parks , very very good restaurants and good friends. I have a lot of American friends living here, so I'm sure you're gonna be fine. Contact me if you want to know more, I'll be happy to help you.
I wish you a good time.
Kelly.

Hi Sandy.
I have read your post.
First thing I must write, it is that I can not offer you any work.
But, since I live in Lombardy, by the Lake of Como, and I commute daily to Milan, where my Office is situated, maybe I can give you some sort of help somehow, should you not find any suitable position.
Therefore, if you are still interested, keep reading.
If not, it was a pleasure to talk to you anyway.
My name is Vincenzo, Enzo for short.
I am 59 and I am very happily married, since 3 years, to Valentyna, a girl from Ukraine who is 37 y.o.
We have no kids ... yet.
I am Italian, from Milan; but I moved to live in Varenna, a lovely little city on the eastern shore of the Lake of Como.
In Milan, I run a Licensed Legal and Administrative Consulting Agency since 2005.
The core of my business consists in offering Consulting services to Migrants form all over the world who want to move to, or already live in Italy (Resident Permits procedures are the main part of the work. But any sort of Administrative, Public Administration requests, or Legal advice can be given, ether directly by myself; or through the Lawyer and another Immigration expert that I have in my Office, on a free-lance basis).
The reason why I am writing to you, it is that, together with Valentyna, we would like to exploit the fact that we live in an area that has experienced a real boom of American Tourists in the last 5 years.
Your fellow countryman George Clooney has indirectly done a lot for our Lake, just by choosing to come and stay here for long periods of time.
Actually, in September, he will come to get married right in Perledo, the city attached to Varenna where I actually live.
Therefore ... do you think Yourself, Valentyna and myself together can do something to benefit from the rising demand that in the US there is for the Lake of Como ?
Tourism is certainly one important option (actually, Valentyna who speaks a little English herself, is already working for a local Hotel).
But promoting low price Real Estate could also be an option.
On this respect. thanks to my experience, I am in a position to offer very convenient properties from the Auction market.
What do you think ?
My e-mail address is: [email protected]
My Skype address is: enzo777999
My mobile is: 0039 328 0326545.
Hope to hear form you.
Best Wishes
Enzo.

good afternoon. my name is emmanuel. i will be coming to milan to spend my summer next year. please i will like to stay a safe and cheap area in a province very close to the city centre. where i can easily access busses, trains and markets. i will be very glad if you can reply me via my email. moreso, am a city person. i don't like hills, mountains or skii. i just want a very lively environment. thanks in anticpation.

[email protected]

good day Mr. Vicenzo. my name is emmanuel. please how much is it going to cost me in getting work permit in italy and how long will it take to process it.

i will be looking forward to hear from you.  you can write me through my email.

[email protected]

+23408033625053

Hi there!
I'm from Kissimmee!

I'm a stunt/actor you can check me IMDB too
I'm planning to move to Milan with my gf for good in April. Will be over here until January.
We should definetely hang out!
Holla at me.
T