Anyone in Okayama, Japan

Hello everyone,
Me and my husband just moving to Okayama, Japan. Anyone around? As O dont speak Japanese and Its a lil but hard to communicate in english.

Would be nice to make new friends here. Thanks before

Duma

Hi Duma,

A few words about yourself might be helpful for the members to know you better :) What are your hobbies and your places of interest?

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Hey Hasnaa, thanks for your comment. My hobbies are traveling that's why would be nice to have friends to explore Okayama and around together.

I am also interested in coming to Okayama if you have been briefed about the city please update me I want to move their in a month time.

Hello Stevholi,
Lately, i always spend my time in Pound House Cake Shop, tiny cake shop but the cakes are delicious, you should try! Its around Higashi. Around this area you can find many supermarket like 7eleven, family mart, and some big supermarket.

But if you live around central okayama, it will be more nice. There is okayama train station, and its connecting with good small mall, there are department store food, books store, coffee shop and many thinga you need, also its connected to ANA Hotel Okayama. We stayrd there before for one week, and many foreigner stay here and some the staff are good in english. Recommended hotel!

Close to this area you can find big electronics store, BIC CAMERA, its a good store and big enough, also you can buy phone and card phone in here, of course with contract, at least 2 years. The cheapest we had checked is provider "au", only for call and sms.

But i really recommended you to learn japanese language, you never realize how rarely people speaking english here.
But so far, the peoples are very kind

I hope you enjoy your time in here.

Hi,
I have lived in Okayama Shi for over 13 years now.
Would be glad to give any help I can
Jeff

Hi, I live in Okayama and I don't speak Japanese. That is not the biggest hurdle to life here...Okayama people do not welcome strangers readily so it is even harder for foreigners. There is an international centre behind the station where they give advice and have a handbook on living here. There is also a noticeboard, a library, internet use and Japanese classes cheaply. You could also try your town hall which often has volunteer teachers for about 100 yen an hour.

Good luck.

Hi,

We're looking for someone in Okayama, who can help my 7 y.o. with his soccer drills.  Experienced A+ but not a must.

Thanks,

Muji

Hi,
I've lived in Okayama for 6 years, and I know some good places for shopping, eating and driving. I can help you if you need.(*^_^*)