Move to Switzerland

Hello Everyone,

I'm Executive Chef living right now in Shanghai, China for last seven years, I would like to move with my Chinese wife to Switzerland at the end of this year, my background is Middle Eastern and Mediterranean Cuisine with 25 years experience in several countries, almost 11 years in Dubai and now i would like to live and work in Switzerland, My inquiry, is there a real opportunity for my field and my experience?
all answers will be high appreciate.

thank you and have a nice weekend.

Sam

Hi Sam,

I have to say it is very challanging to get in the kitchen industry in Swiss, moreover nearby the boarders where companies rather hire ppl from the neighbours for much cheaper. Another big challange, your education might not be acknowledged in switzerland as i guess you did not get your Chef education in swiss. For example my boyfriend was also cooking on hollywood star's yachts and in 5 star hotels....in swiss, since he did not get his education here, he is happy to find a kitchen helper job!!!! Plus, the competition in this industry is very high.

Anyway I wish you good luck, hope you will be lucky and someone would give you a great job opportunity!

Szilvia