Hi All, Need some help about Moving and Possibly Living in Ecuador...

Hi All,

I am thinking of moving to Ecuador to settle eventually. I am a spiritual man, and not much money. I am going to start backpacking through Costa Rica, Ecuador and Peru and will then decide where the best place is to settle. My best option for the moment is a Tourist Visa. In the future based on what I have read about the Types of Residency's is Marrying a Ecuadorian woman. 

I have a South African Passport valid til 2018 and in the process of getting a US Passport. I have read that I can Only stay in Ecuador on a Tourist Visa for 90 days and then go out of the country and then back in to renew.  Does anyone know what else is required for me to stay in the country for at least 90 days? I have a checking out that i have no money in really... I will only have my Passport with me and Ticket... I know they will require a outbound ticket... so If anyone has Wise advice for my situation... I so appreciate it!

Thanks,
Mitch

An extensión to the 90 day touist Passport is obtainable with out much difficulty. An exit ticket is not required. If asked about it, tell them you intend on taking the bus to Peru or Columbia when you decide to leave.  There are $7 night hostals in Mariscal.