Hi, I'm Anna

Hey everyone, I'm Anna - a kiwi (New Zealander) who is looking at moving to Thailand or Mexico (possibly both in succession) I am just hunting down people, information and resources of people who have done the same.

In the meantime I have just finished working as a flight attendant and am working on setting myself up as a freelance writer, so any mentors or tips around that would be amazing!

Hi Annamcphee,

Welcome on board :)

I suggest you to participate or to post your questions on both Thailand Forum and Mexico Forum as it might be very interesting if you are seeking information or wanting to make new friends in those two destinations  :happy:

Best of luck with everything !

Maximilien

I think they outlawed hunting down people in Thailand, but Mexico is anybody's guess.

annamcphee wrote:

Hey everyone, I'm Anna - a kiwi (New Zealander) who is looking at moving to Thailand or Mexico (possibly both in succession) I am just hunting down people, information and resources of people who have done the same.

In the meantime I have just finished working as a flight attendant and am working on setting myself up as a freelance writer, so any mentors or tips around that would be amazing!

Kia ora
Welcome to the forum.

I personally would be looking at Thailand rather than Mexico from a safety point of view. Nice people great place for inspiration for a writer. If you open up the Thailand section of the forum you can check out posts there for information.
Do the same for Mexico.

Hi Anna,

http://elar-archive.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Welcome-banner.jpg

Welcome on board, I'm sure you'll make lots of new friends here.

If you're looking to hone your writing skills we've got forums for almost every country all over the globe, and each has 5 different language versions too (English, French, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese). Surf the forums and you'll find lots of different postings to reply to and you're always more than welcome to post to any of them.

I invite you to check out the Brazil Forum, lots of nifty stuff there and if you're into learning the Portuguese language we've got lots of hints and tips. I've even posted lots of my Traditional Brazilian Recipes too if you're into adventurous cooking.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=511

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

I lived in Thailand for a year and didn't like it much, mostly due to the chaotic status of most things (mainly public services), the inward-looking nature of the locals (who are very difficult to get closer to than the superficial surface - unless they want your money) and the appalling kind of other foreigners there (sexpats).
I did, however, have an interesting job, earned well and enjoyed certain things - cheap massages and great food among them.

@beppi.
I do agree about the chaotic status in Thailand but this is getting better, albeit in asian time, slow slow. If you had of stayed longer then perhaps you may have accepted how things were and got to go with the flow.
I agree that some expats do give the place a bad reputation as they are there for one thin and one thing only, so nver get to see the real Thailand.

I first came to Thailand in 1966 and have seen many changes.

I liked the chaos in Thailand.  It seemed far more organized than the chaos in China.

Meet expats all over the world

OR