Cost and type of cloth required for lagos

Dear all
Hi...within 15 days I ll be in lagos...so I just want to know the type of cloth I have to carry with respect to climate....is the cloth are costly.there  ...?
Is the climate hotter or colder in summer nd winter. ..  ?

Regards

It have to be light clothes,because there is heat.. Clothings depends on textile,texture,and designs..the price of clothes are according to their grades as far as am concern. Dnt ve idea about price . Best of luck

Buy your clothes wherever you are - everything is expensive and over priced in Lagos. Cotton and Linen are good. Jeans will be fine after you have acclimatised. T-shirts and Jersey are also OK. It would soon start raining ….all the best.

Thnks

Clothes that allow for fresh air.

Lagos can be quite hot, although I doubt if you will notice. Most expatriates are driven to and fro work in an air-conditioned cars.

Clothes are cheap and expensive depending on the area; I suggest you visit Lagos Island for affordable clothes for as low as $9. Although, If you are on the large size, getting a clothe that fits will be a problem.

Cheers!

Thnks

Lagos has predominantly 2 seasons; Summer and Rains. No winters at all so leave your woo lens and jackets home. Jeans and t-shirts are perfect.

All the best

hello....if you are undecisive on what to bring along interms of clothing, just stick to light clothings that allow for fresh air. The weather in lagos, can be really intimidating in-terms of hotness. Most times its quite hard to predict even when in the rainy season when its supposed to be cold and rainy you might get knocked off by the heat. As per cost, it depends on what type of fabric you want and the quality aswell, i read and agree with the person who posted that the best bet is to go to Lagos Islandn you get a whole variety and just enjoy the hustle and bustle of being in a crowded market environment and going around with someone who knows the market so well, helps a lot. I think its one experience you should get ready for. In all, Lagos is a beautiful place to be in/visit.

Unfortunately, Im on the large size. I may have to load up in the states

@straydawg 

I advise that. You really don't want to come here and start running around in search of clothes.

If you would rather pack light,  grab really good jeans and T-shirts if you are not a dressy person, some blazers and pants for official mumbo jumbo and 3 or 4 good pair of shoes. A pair of sandals will work too.

ty again

Bakshi Sir

If I am not wrong, you have worked with TechBooks now Aptara in Mohan Cooperative New Delhi.
Its really nice to see you after looooooong time.

Look forward to hear from you.

Regards,
VIjay

I'll advice all expatriates to pack up before coming to Lagos. clothes are cheap in lagos soo cheap depending on what you want clothes as low as $3 are available but once a foreigner comes to buy it, the price doubles or is raised to the power of ten, if you are dark skinned or could pass for very light Nigerian, you can shop as much as you like here. :-) I hope this helps.