Soon to be moving to Doha qatar

Hello everyone.....

I'm from London Uk and been offered a teaching job in Qatar Doha in a primary school for August 2014.. I'm very nervous as it will be a big move for me. What is life like living there and what's the standard of living like there.

Thanks
Niyad

i spent there almost one year and a half and only what i have to say is that doha is the most boring city on the world, but im really honest. there are 3 malls, only interesting is villagio (its imitation of venezia), and corniche (walking area near sea). nothing else you cant find there. from other side is perfect because you can save a lot of money, because you dont have where to spend hhh

Dont miss this oppurtunity.its more secure than uk.which city you would be staying

Safety + Good Income + Very Hot Weather + a Bit Boaring = DOHA - QATAR

hello
welcome to qatar.
i am also new here ,
as you know diffrent kind of people reached here .
so you can find good peoples, social networks, restaurants, shopping mall.
weather is hot here but at night can walk out side.
all the best
john

thank you....i havent moved to qatar yet....but inshallah will be moving there in august.... thank you for advice xx

your welcome sister

...don't worry too much about it...there are plenty of other teachers from all over the world, esp. English speaking society over in Doha...schools are pretty good and after accommodating with the few rules you may have to follow and respect live can be quite interesting for a while....weather is always good - if you like the heat :-) and there are every month more and more interesting people joining the country from outside...

If you up for a challenge, and want to try something interesting, there is nothing to worry...take the good things and don't get bothered with the few things which will be definitely around....

Hi Niayd,
    First of all I would like to congratulate for the employment offer you got in Qatar.

Myself  Feroz  working in qatar for couple of years, to be honest Qatar is very nice place, you will find friendly people compare to UK bit islamic law ans culture, indecency appearance in public places is not acceptable by law rest I assure you will surely like it, however the coast of living is bit high end but that's totally depend upon you, especially based on your lifestyle otherwise compare to UK it is less and tax free.

Fell free if you need any assistance and more information and wish you very all the best.
Regards,
Feroz khan

Hello Niyad,
I will also be moving to Qatar in August Incha Allah for a teaching job.Be positive and may be we can meet after all.
Take care.
Nadira

Corniche is kind of risky place to be if you're alone, I presume.

There are other hidden activities as you may go bowling, clubbing, swimming, shisha if you are a smoker.

After some time and if you were lucky then you will have some activities with friends but don't be so hopeful, people don't tend to socialize much in boring Qatar.

Besides, with 3-1 men VS women there will be many invitations from the other sex to join different activities (being little sarcastic, couldn't help it) LOL

Enjoy with my warmest and most sincere wishes

Hello Everyone,

I will be moving to Qatar in July from Uk.  Trying to remain positive but I am quite nervous of the move!!!!

Patouk you made a very good suggestion. I also support the idea of a meetup/networked of the newly arrived expats.

Cheers :top:

i will be living doha

Hi there! 
Qatar is not a bad place,  i personally like it.  Most of us in here left our families and back home and came for work , so we all looking forward to meeting people, you won't be lonely in here that's for sure.
Give it a try, and if you can't take it you can always go back.
Good luck!

Welcome to Doha

Hi iclmar
It's Nadira here..Thks for your nice comment..We sill definitely meet soon in Doha IA..Take care.

Hi, hope you are doing well, i am new here and looking for friends, would you like to be in friendship with me if you dont mind?

KhalidHameedKhan wrote:

Hi, hope you are doing well, i am new here and looking for friends, would you like to be in friendship with me if you dont mind?

Hey !! From my experience teachers here are living a good life  !!!  You only need friends here so u will not be bored at all :) there is much humidity in summer but with air-conditioner u won't feel nothing 😁😒
At the end if you don't like it !! It's just a two years of contract 😝

nice one

Hello Niyad.
Hope u r ready for the big jump to Qatar!
Has your school finalised the last details with you?
I'm almost done waiting for my visa IA.
Take care.
Nadira

Hi Nadira
Just moved to doha this week
Anyone want to meet up, it would be great
Email direct on [email protected]

Salut Urvin,
Super que tu sois deja a Qatar!
Je te vois bientot!
A plus....

@Nadira: In English please.

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team

hey yes they have finalized everything.....my flight is booked for 22nd august.... was actually surprised how quickly my visa came through. just packing an doing last minute stuff now. very excited now for the big move :)

Got visa... still waiting for the ticket to move to Qatar... Guess its been delayed due to Ramadan.. Will be working in Darwish Group.. Anyone here from the same company?? Wanna meet some new people.. because I dont have anyone over there in Qatar...

Hi,
I am a teacher also. Standard of living can be quite good in Doha. Can depend on which school you work for but most people I know are happy. Compared to the U.K. there is less paper work and more free time for teachers- well except a couple of schools I know. Ask as many questions that you need as I have been in Qatar for 4 years now. I love my life here. I love London but shan't be going back to live anytime soon :)

Hi Johanna..Gud to hear from you and from your positive response..Sure we'l meet soon.Nadira

Thanks Nadira,
I think life is what you make it wherever you are.  :)

I have also been offered a job in a Primary School in Doha!

It would be good if it was the same one! :)

Cheers,
Becky

welcome to doha

[Moderated::Avoid copy/paste on the forum.]

True when they said it's really boring here, but hey! If u can find good & nice people to hang out with, that won't be much of a problem.. keep us posted! See ya!

Hi Becky..gud to hear u will be wking in school..I will work at AMIS. See u soon. Nadira

Hey everyone thanks for all the replies and advice...im in my last few days here in london...I leave london for doha on 24th august. Not as nervous as before but actually looking forward to moving there. Hopefully would be great to meet you all an hang out. Looking forward to seeing you guys. Again ur advice much appreciated.

see ya! ul hate the weather, yet for sure you'll find good frineds to hang out with.. let's catch up then.. pack some cold weather from there  :D

Yes for sure lets meet up an hang out ill message u my number wen I get one from there wen I arrive.

But why pack cold weather I thought its very hot there an that I dont need winter clothes

Ah no, i mean bring us some cold stuff from there coz it's too hot here  :). See u very soon!

well its too hot here..but you can join some indoor activities like some clubs after work !.

best of luck...

Wel anyways any one intrested to play indoor games like table tennis.>!! :)

Doha is not boring at all!

I am sure that whatever interests you, you will find it here. Sports, shopping, bar, art galleries, booze, etc...You just have to come out and explore more.

Yes, the weather now is horrible, but it will get better soon.