Considering moving to fiji

Hi,My husband has been offered a Job in Fiji. I am from India with 2 small kids (5+ and 4+). Before taking decision to accept the job. we have certain queries listed below. Any help in this regard will be very helpful. Thanks to all in advance

1. What are the salaries for Expats in Telecom domain with around a decade of experience.
2. How easy is it for the Spouse to get a Work Permit.
3. How is schooling and what schools can be considered.
4. What is the cost of Schooling in Suva.
5. How is the safety and Security scene

Any other information apart from above is most welcome.

Take care

Barkha

Welcome to Expat.com.

There is a good Indian community in Fiji. Best you do an online search for contact details of the Indian communities or clubs there and contact them for up to date information.

Hi there,
I have just moved to Suva, now here for about 3 weeks. I can't offer much on the family situation but I can offer insight into other aspects.
2. It is not easy for a spouse to get a work permit. Because of high unemployment here, the Dept of Immigration do not like handing out work permits in this way. I am here with my spouse who is working and we have been told it is better for me to be here on a tourist visa and 'appear unrelated' to my wife. So, I am just here visiting a friend who works here. I'm not sure about Fiji arrangements with India but from Australia we can stay for 4 months on a tourist visa with possibility for extension. How you work that is up to you, maybe it is different for Indian nationals. But Io suggest a tourist visa then when that expires, briefly exit the country and re-enter (eg a weekend in New Caledonia!).
5. People warned me about security but I have had no issues and not seen any reason to be concerned. I feel very safe all the time although I am a white male aged 18-35... typically not a target. However, my wife feels the same way. I suspect that things might be different for people who look Indian but I don't know whether that means better or worse. Of course some communities are better than others and maybe we are in a good place, but even walking around the city and travelling at night we feel fine. Incidentally, I have lived in India briefly... this is much safer.
B

Hi iam indian residing here in Fiji ...we'll u can get spouse visa in few days once u apply and after that u can work but here salary is very less until unless u have good work skills.school fees are affordable not much expensive and country is very safe no crime at all as I see till now.

[ Moderated : No Free ads on the Forum please register your company in our business directory ]