OK--All you fine people out there--I need help

I am here in Cumbaya --I have been here since the end of June --. My friend and my initial contact here was very helpful and now is quite busy with houseguest friend. Leading me to turn my attention to the expat community which was my intention in the first place. So here I am living a life of isolation in a little house with a yard for which I pay 750 a month--they bought new appliances so my rent went up from 650 to 750. And the shower for one thing doesn't work. NO TV--a little tiny radio and a few books. YES, rather a sad little story.  Being the very active person that I am and craving human contact --yes with expats of every ilk--I am asking for advice from this forum. I signed a year lease largely because I mistakenly thought I would branch out here in Cumbaya through work and meeting expats. I just don't know where to find them --there is one small place--but I don't want to just hang out waiting. There doesn't seem to be any organized expat group here. In Quito yes---but that is some 40 minutes away. I wonder if I have made a good decision --my original plan had been to be in Cuenca but other issues happened--namely my friend M arthy was here and was being very helpful. So I decided to stay. But I am stir crazy and as I  said need to make friends and start engaging in activities, I ride horses, help homeless animals--my little dogs are all rescue-- dance, sing, swim, hike, read, talk, discover--have a spirit of adventure--I am here on my own. Please someone --please reach out and help with advice, whatever.
Thank you so very much!!!

Hang in there

Dear Barbara,
All of the activities you mentioned are available in Cuenca. There is a large community of ex pat's, and we are a very social group. So much so that it's something going on every day and night. The group I hang with is now also getting a nice mix  of the  locals. As far as the rent you are paying? Way high for what you are getting out of it by Cuenca standards. I have a local Cuencana friend that is renting her place out, in one of the most desirable building here, with all services provided for 650.00 per month. < elevator's , high speed internet,  24 hour security, beautiful furnishings, HOA fees paid, cable t.v. , phone, water and gas, 15 minute walk to El Centro, Super Maxi 10 minute walk.>  This place you could move into with just a tooth brush. I'm not attempting to rent it, it's currently occupied by some expat friends of ours, I'm just trying to give you some idea of what you can find available.
Plus, there is a large population of Canadians.
I realize you are in a lease, but if you ever decide that you'd like to try Cuenca, feel free to reach out to me. Myself and my friends would love to help you get situated, and welcome you into our group. We're pretty active.
Good Luck
Neil