Planning to move from India to New Zealand

Monty singh wrote:

Want to move to New Zealand for Study
can anyone help me about it
please email me on
[email protected]

Hi and welcome to Expat.com.

Could you please introduce yourself to the forum with a little information about yourself.

For visa information and applications www.immigration.govt.nz

Dear Madam,  I am car sales consultant . I am looking forward to move ZN, please share your experience ,

Vijayabalan.V wrote:

Dear Madam,  I am car sales consultant . I am looking forward to move ZN, please share your experience ,

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have visa and a job to go to.

:) hello everyone,
I'm from india,and I want to settle in newzealand,can anyone suggest me which is the right procedure...
I'm 33year of age ,I hav my wife and  2dependent child.
I hav completed my bcom, ecommerce,and
I'm self-employed for the last 12 years in retail trading in mobile sales,services & acessories.
So kindly guide me..
Thank u.

If you are self employed and working since 12 years... and have "MONEY" then come on entrepreneur visa...
you need to transfer and use  half million dollars to NZ for that ...

Ok ,Yes I hav made some money,
I hav to invest 100000nz$ .in which field
Or Wht type of investment...
It is easier in entrepreneur visa to settle in nz.
Kindly guide me

Hello everyone,
I'm from india,and I want to apply for New Zeland under EOI(with 140 points),can anyone help me with the points...

Qualification : B.Sc(Information Technology)    from Mumbai University
Work Experience : more than 5 yr experience as Software Developer
IELTS : 2014   with 6.5 overall band (5.5 in Writing)

Spouse Details
Qualification M.Com    from Mumbai University
Work Experience : more than 5 yr experience as an Account Executive
IELTS : 2014   with 6 overall band (5.5 in Writing)

So kindly help me..
Thank u.

anand1981 wrote:

Kindly guide me

NZ Enterprenuership Visa

Go ahead and apply online , do not go for any Agent or Lawyer.. you got really good chance of approval.
At least I can guaranty for approval of EOI as you got 140 points..

To apply for EOI just sign up for an ID with Immigration.govt.nz and you will find a link therein
after login. Fill out form, pay the fee and wait for EOI approval..

Real process starts there after..
'
cheers and gud luck

Thanks Gourav,

But onlt one concern, Is my IELTS is ok as i got 5.5 in writing but overall 6.5 bands.

to best of my knowledge I don't think NZ asks to have some particular bands in each.
Still in any case you have work experience of 5 years and I believe that would be in
a MNC .

So you can use even that as your English requirement.In most cases Nz wil never decline or
will treat a profile as trivial due to bit low IELTS score ( obviously not talking about 3-4 bands )
because they can always call you and test you English skills through an Interview.

And it happens in most of the cases,.,,, Just go ahead man.. do not waste even a single day,,
atleast you do not need any English proof for EOI.. all proves comes after EOI approval and
that is when you will receive ITA (Invitation to apply)

anand1981 wrote:

Kindly guide me

You need to invest $500,000.

Hello friends,

I have been following the posts on this site for the past few weeks but haven't found any information specifically fitting my scenario , so I think it is a good idea to post my queries here and hope for guidance.
So, let me begin by introducing myself. I am a Psychologist, currently based in India and I have completed my Bachelors and Masters Degree in Psychology (Clinical) from a Govt. University here in India. My husband is a Psychologist too and we are hoping to migrate to NZ as soon as possible.
As per the INZ website we can apply for work visas and are even having around 170 points for applying for EOI. everything looks good in this aspect, but my concern is if we will be able to get jobs as Psychologists in NZ. I have applied for many jobs on various job sites too but they all expect me to have a visa beforehand.I am already applying for Registration as a Psychologist in NZ. I am hoping that I will have better chances of a job offer in hand after the Registration. But how is the job market for Psychologists? Is it difficult to get jobs ? And the average salaries are quoted on multiple sites around 65k per annum ... are Psychologist with Overseas qualifications getting these salaries too or is there a bias?

Is anybody out there who can guide us regarding this? I would appreciate any input.

Thanks in advance

@stardust87

Unless you have a visa no company will employ you.  I suggest you search online for clinics or hospitals specializing in your field of expertise then contact them about work.
Or Google 'medical positions new zealand'  or something similar 

Try www.seek.co.nz

Thanx Stumpy :)

Have applied for the Registration as a Psychologist in NZ and am considering coming down to NZ and contacting the Hospitals and Recruitment agencies when I am already there. Was just hoping to get more info about job opportunities and if there is any problem in getting the same salary as a Psychologist is getting who has been educated in NZ. Haven't been able to get much info about that yet :(

And it would be better to know all this before I waste my time and resources to travel across the globe for nothing. Coming to NZ means taking off from work and also letting go of other opportunities in Germany, Netherlands. But I don't mind that really , provided in the end I end up in the country I'm in love with :)

So if there's anybody out there who has any kind of contacts with Psychologists in NZ or can give any further insights I would highly appreciate it. And thanks once again Stumpy :)

Dear All,
Its nice to see all members help to new comers in foreign country.
First of all I would like to introduce myself My name is Sunil and I am from Mumbai,India.
I have done my bachelor in Pharmacy and after that I have done my master in pharmaceutical management.
Now I am in planning to do a PGD in International studies and I have an offer letter of IPC in Palmy.
My main query  in this is how is the pharmaceutical job market in New Zealand as I seen all previous posts but most of that related to IT, engineering field.
Can any one help me  to provide some information on NZ pharmaceutical job market.
And last but most important getting PR of new Zealand is easy or difficult?
Waiting for positive reply.

Thanks!

Regards,

Sunil

Sunil Hotty wrote:

Dear All,
Its nice to see all members help to new comers in foreign country.
First of all I would like to introduce myself My name is Sunil and I am from Mumbai,India.
I have done my bachelor in Pharmacy and after that I have done my master in pharmaceutical management.
Now I am in planning to do a PGD in International studies and I have an offer letter of IPC in Palmy.
My main query  in this is how is the pharmaceutical job market in New Zealand as I seen all previous posts but most of that related to IT, engineering field.
Can any one help me  to provide some information on NZ pharmaceutical job market.
And last but most important getting PR of new Zealand is easy or difficult?
Waiting for positive reply.

Thanks!

Regards,

Sunil

Welcome to the forum

For jobs I suggest you just type 'pharmaceutical jobs nz' into your search engine or check pout www.seek.co.nz
PR is a long process with heaps of paperwork and money needed.

Hi,

I am planning to go for a NZ PR. Please can you tell me the scope.

Thanks

Hi all, I wish to move to new Zealand from Australia. Am Aus Citizen. Is it easy for me to get settled in terms of full time job in Auckland?

appu184 wrote:

Hi all, I wish to move to new Zealand from Australia. Am Aus Citizen. Is it easy for me to get settled in terms of full time job in Auckland?

Do you have Australian passport ? If so travel to and from NZ will not be a problem.

For work you should first look online for the type of job you are interested in. Perhaps apply and say you will be in NZ for an interview. Line up a few interviews and then go over.

For jobs www.seek.co.nz  or www.seek.com.au 

For cost of living www.numbeo.com

Thanks mate. I been working in security and protection in Melbourne since last 10 yrs. I hav done cert iv in Disability and cert 3 in Aged Care. Will my Australian qualification is recognised in  NZ?

appu184 wrote:

Thanks mate. I been working in security and protection in Melbourne since last 10 yrs. I hav done cert iv in Disability and cert 3 in Aged Care. Will my Australian qualification is recognised in  NZ?

I would think that Oz qualifications would be recognized in NZ.

Res.sir,i m Harshil from india. i want to come at newzealand. i had completed my education in bachelor of commerce. i had a marketing experience in diamond field for 4years. right now i m working in a pharma company as a medical representative last 3.5years. sir is it possible to me get P.R. for newzealand? sir i m married and i have 7 months old daughter.so would suggest me is it a right decision to come at newzealand in this situation? if i will come on student visa and after the study i will not get the
P.R. so its destroy my future. so i want u suggest me what can i do? sir pls give me ans.bcoz i have to move to other country from india. i m waiting for ur answer.

Harshil Jhaveri wrote:

Res.sir,i m Harshil from india. i want to come at newzealand. i had completed my education in bachelor of commerce. i had a marketing experience in diamond field for 4years. right now i m working in a pharma company as a medical representative last 3.5years. sir is it possible to me get P.R. for newzealand? sir i m married and i have 7 months old daughter.so would suggest me is it a right decision to come at newzealand in this situation? if i will come on student visa and after the study i will not get the
P.R. so its destroy my future. so i want u suggest me what can i do? sir pls give me ans.bcoz i have to move to other country from india. i m waiting for ur answer.

Coming over as a student will not guarantee you getting PR. 
For visa information and applications www.immigration.govt.nz

Unless you have substantial savings, it would be very difficult for you and your family to survive in NZ as someone on a student visa can only work a small number of hours each week.

For cost of living www.numbeo.com

This is my education qualification and job profile.
2007-08 ---- 12th
2008-11 -----Hospitality Management(3yrs) 
2011-12 ----- job in BPO(call centre)
2013-14 ----- job in hotels,bars
i want to know will i get a study visa on the basis of my profile . I have a doubt as i have worked in call centres after completing my studies for around 1.5 yrs ,which is not related to my qualification (HM).
Another question i want to ask is that if i get the student visa will i get the job from the first day of arrival to NZ ?

pankajmehra wrote:

This is my education qualification and job profile.
2007-08 ---- 12th
2008-11 -----Hospitality Management(3yrs) 
2011-12 ----- job in BPO(call centre)
2013-14 ----- job in hotels,bars
i want to know will i get a study visa on the basis of my profile . I have a doubt as i have worked in call centres after completing my studies for around 1.5 yrs ,which is not related to my qualification (HM).
Another question i want to ask is that if i get the student visa will i get the job from the first day of arrival to NZ ?

You definitely will not get a job the first day you arrive in NZ. Jobs are not that easy to get. 
Others may let you know about study visa.

hii am aslo frm ambala cantt but settled in Australia. brother don't go to NZ on student visa. Its better for you to get on immigration advice from qualified agent in Ambala.

Dear All

I have already received invitation from NZ immigration to apply for PR. But after reading through several Expat.coms including this one, I cancelled my plan for NZ. If anyone thinks I should continue migrating in NZ, please do suggest me and save my career.

I'm a software professional in India with 10 years of experience and have worked in USA for 5 years. I thought of NZ as a cool place to settle down for few years so started my PR process. But I have been made to believe that its just wastage of time and money. Being an Indian, I will have tough time finding a right job. Even if I could, it may not be profitable enough If I am living with family.

I feel disappointed for you and on your decision making power. Just 2 points for you to conclude..

1. You specifically mentioned "INDIANS" .. There are roughly around 100,000 Indian living in NZ as of 2015. 100,000 is not a handful of numbers.. They all came here for better life and if they are staying here that mean
they are getting that.

2. Struggle is everywhere , In every single country. No country in this world would wait for you to come and join one of their company from the next day you land in there. Why not struggle in a calm beautiful country...

Rest depends on your discretion . I humbly do not want to answer any further question.

lk82 wrote:

Dear All

I have already received invitation from NZ immigration to apply for PR. But after reading through several Expat.coms including this one, I cancelled my plan for NZ. If anyone thinks I should continue migrating in NZ, please do suggest me and save my career.

I'm a software professional in India with 10 years of experience and have worked in USA for 5 years. I thought of NZ as a cool place to settle down for few years so started my PR process. But I have been made to believe that its just wastage of time and money. Being an Indian, I will have tough time finding a right job. Even if I could, it may not be profitable enough If I am living with family.

Hi gourav. Sorry for anything inappropriate. You are absolutely correct, the struggle and challenges are everywhere. Only the person with right attitude, intelligence and commitment wins the competition. Just that there are dedicated websites with hundreds of blogs sharing the hatred experienced by Indians got me concerned. Anyways, I have counted your opinion. Thanks and have a good life !

gourav wrote:

I feel disappointed for you and on your decision making power. Just 2 points for you to conclude..

1. You specifically mentioned "INDIANS" .. There are roughly around 100,000 Indian living in NZ as of 2015. 100,000 is not a handful of numbers.. They all came here for better life and if they are staying here that mean
they are getting that.

2. Struggle is everywhere , In every single country. No country in this world would wait for you to come and join one of their company from the next day you land in there. Why not struggle in a calm beautiful country...

Rest depends on your discretion . I humbly do not want to answer any further question.

lk82 wrote:

Dear All

If you visited the website of Immigration New Zealand, you get all the information required for skilled migration.
First step is EOI, the outcome of this is, Immigration New Zealand sending you an Invitation to apply (ITA), if you are selected. At this stage, they request you the proof of Qualification, experience and other details you claimed in EOI, Medical certificates and Police clearance certificate from all countries you lived for more than a year.They give you a deadline to submit these documents. Once you have submitted these documents you may to wait for 6 months to 2 years to hear from them. They may ask for additional documents, schedule an interview with you. The outcome of this can be 1. Approval. 2. Work to PR. 3. Decline.
My procedure took 2 years!

I am interested to move New Zealand. I am mechanical engineer working in MNC company for Past 6 years and having Master degree. Can I apply for New Zealand PR. Please advice

2 years! Normally it should take time between 6 to 12 months max

Hi,

I am from India and planning to move to NZ..Here are my details
Qualifications: B.E in Computer Science and MBA Finance from one of India'a Top Institute
Total Work Ex including IT: 7 years
Post MBA work Ex in Finance: 4 years
I am currently working in Investment Banking - Corporate Advisory

My wife details:
Qualifications: B.E in Computer Science and MBA HR from one of India'a Top Institute
Total Work Ex : > 7 years
She is working in one of PSU's here and has experience in all fields of HR.

We both qualify on 100 point scale .

What are my chances of PR and specifically job scenario and what will be the total cost.
Should i try for Australia but we don't qualify under Australia migrant category 189.

prashantgupta84 wrote:

Hi,

I am from India and planning to move to NZ..Here are my details
Qualifications: B.E in Computer Science and MBA Finance from one of India'a Top Institute
Total Work Ex including IT: 7 years
Post MBA work Ex in Finance: 4 years
I am currently working in Investment Banking - Corporate Advisory

My wife details:
Qualifications: B.E in Computer Science and MBA HR from one of India'a Top Institute
Total Work Ex : > 7 years
She is working in one of PSU's here and has experience in all fields of HR.

We both qualify on 100 point scale .

What are my chances of PR and specifically job scenario and what will be the total cost.
Should i try for Australia but we don't qualify under Australia migrant category 189.

First you need to see if you qualify for a visa before worrying about PR. www.immigration.govt.nz

I very well qualify for visa...i am getting more thn 100 points.

But prasanth...u should have minimum 140 points to get your EOI automatically selected if u don't have a job offer. otherwise ur chances of getting the EOI selected is very low.

I am getting around 105-110 points.....should i apply...what are the job prospects...

What I read from the blogs is that if it's less than 140 without job offer; ur chances are almost nil.
Try to work out with your IT exp. It's in absolute shortage skill set,and u will get bonus points. And ur partner can give u 20 points.

First of all Ignore Stumpy's reply. He is always a bit harsh on wanna be migrants :D because except medical or character issues I reckon everyone will be qualified to get a visa to NZ, at least a visitor visa.

Secondly Chances of getting direct PR on the basis of NON IT exp are minor but do not hesitate to give it a go as you both have studies that falls under SMC. But if you have at least 3 or more years of exp in IT out of your 7 years  then make your profile based on IT and you will be gold... Your chances would be good for direct PR. all depends how you present your case and what skills you have.

I have half a dozen good stories of Indian migrants to share here of  who got their PR directly from India in last 1 and half year . All in IT having exp. of 4 to 10 years :)

good luck