American considering getting married to my Egyptian fiance in Amman

Hello,

I am an American and considering getting married to my Egyptian fiance in Amman. We do not know any sheikhs/ What should we do?

Hi Smelserjl,

For better visibility a new topic was created from your post on the Amman forum, hope this might be helpful.

I would suggest you to get in touch with your respective Embassies, where you might be guided, and you will able to obtain all necessary documents. Hope this might be helpful. :)

Best wishes,

David.

there should be no problem with that, find your nearest sharia court and they will assign a sheikh for you, no one really KNOWS a sheikh, i would recommend the one that married me but he got both me and my wife's name wrong on the certificate and i had to have it edited -_- another person on this website asked this question and she was told (by another member) that all she needs is an ID for both of you and thats it, im jordanian and my wife isnt so i had to go through a longer process, but it was also explained to me by the court, so i suggest you start there. it would be highly recommended -if not vital- to have someone translate for you and them when you go.

Zaid

hey
I am a man from Jordan
If you need to help you communicate with me
[email protected]

Hi aalarman > why don't you give useful information on the forum. This could help lots of members. Thank you.

Well
Is most often want to marry then travel to America and here in Jordan visa is very difficult for a citizen of Jordan, how will the Egyptian citizen it is very difficult on the one hand the other hand, must live with him in his country or in Jordan for a period not less than 6 months and maybe in the end U.S. embassy rejects
I do not recommend it

Did you get married?