Is 150BD pm salary enough for a single person?

Hello,
         I have got a job offer from Bahrain to work as a salesman in a ready made garment company(Red Tag) for a salary of 150BD pm(free accommodation and transportation but no idea about free electricity and water). Kindly advise if this salary is a good reason to leave my country i.e. India where 150BD roughly equals to Rs.25000.
Also advise how much I can save from this salary as I have wife and a kid to feed back home.
Please advise as soon as possible because the employer is waiting for my response.

thanks
NishuT

Hey there :)

Well looking at the pay you get in India , that's the only thing you get I guess !
Without any benefits like accommodation , transportation !

And you pay income taxes in India , whereas here you don't !

150BD is low , and saving something from that small amount all depends on how you spend your money !

Probably electricity and water will be provided as "Accommodation" is by the company !
If you're more of a saving guy , you could save enough to send money back home !

I suggest you re-negotiate something around 200BD-300BD

P.S : It's always good to have an experience in the Gulf , later on , when you apply somewhere else , you might expect higher pay for your experience in the Middle East  !

I think that salary is the usual range for salespeople in large stores.

But it is not easy to live and save on that salary. Think about your options in India before you leave.

I agree with Farhaz. A lot of people end up getting lost in the currency conversion and end up trapped in foreign countries where they cannot afford to do anything but work.

Forget  the job

I agree, 150BD is not enough even with accommodation and transportation provided.

Plus whenever I've shopped at Red Tag the staff all look really unhappy. I'm not saying it's a bad place to work but you could do better. The same salary is given to bar/restaurant staff at the expat clubs I know but on top of their salary they get room, food and tips. I pay my maid more than BD150 a month so please reconsider. You may end up a lot worse off than you are in India.

hi sir.

same situation here. but only offered me 128 BD.  basic salary and 45BD accomodation and 20 BD for transportation.
may u add me so i can also ask you something? maybe we just have the same employer.

For me as a liove-in maid 100-150 BHD/Month is a normal salary. But i must tell you that i get free clothing, free food, toiletries and i have my own room with bathroom.

But Paula: do you think we can still survive receiving 128 BD in a month? for food allowances.. u think i can still save money out of it?

If you have to pay rent and food i think 128 BHD is not enough. I am lucky that i don't have to buy food and pay rent for my room. For me my 120 BHD is enough. I can not go out much because i must work all days of the week. That is why i do not need many money for myself