British expats in pakistan

are there any british expats in pakistan particularly in islamabad? would love to talk and share experiences...

Hi Alyssa, Although i am not a British expats. But i visited UK many times as a businessman. If you like to have as a general friend , it would be my pleasure.

Hey, I am from the uk born and bred there, recently moved to rawalpindi, which is like ten mins away from Islamabad x

hi dearz im shan from bali beach of indonesia now in pakistan if u like sharing time with me wellcome im single 03217809186

Hi, I am moving to Islamabad in Mid August to work there for two years. Would love to speak to you and any other British ex pats out there. I am from Birmingham and you?

[Moderated: Avoid copy/paste on the forum.]

Hi friends,

British Expats are the " British British" who are working or living in Pakistan. The Pakistanis who got British nationality ( and I am one of them too) will always be Pakistanis.

I am proud of calling my self and being known as a Pakistani in all the three countries I move in (Saudi, Pakistan and UK). My Saudi work visa is stamped on my Pakistani passport. I only need my British passport to enter an EU country without visa where it saves a lot of time money and hassle, other than that it does not mean any thing to me.

riazcdki wrote:

Hi friends,

British Expats are the " British British" who are working or living in Pakistan. The Pakistanis who got British nationality ( and I am one of them too) will always be Pakistanis.

I am proud of calling my self and being known as a Pakistani in all the three countries I move in (Saudi, Pakistan and UK). My Saudi work visa is stamped on my Pakistani passport. I only need my British passport to enter an EU country without visa where it saves a lot of time money and hassle, other than that it does not mean any thing to me.

It was nice to read what you write and regarding your work in Saudi Arabia , unfortunately they pay you according to your passport here in Saudi Arabia. if you are looking forward for info or help about Saudi Arabia pls don't hesitate to contact me :)

Thanks Ehtesham Sahib,

Great to hear from you, if Pakistanis are being paid a lower salary whose fault do you think it is? Ours.

I worked as a hardware and communication engineer at IBM Saudi at their Al Khobar office, all the employees were being paid on the basis of their job title and skills rather than their nationality. Yes we had a system of hiring "ASSIGNIES" and "SECONDIES" from USA and Europe, these were highly skilled engineers who would get the salary in their home country as well as get the Saudi salary on top of it, but I believe this is a matter of supply and demand.

I see huge opportunities in "recycling industry" in Saudi Arabia, if you have any interest in this you may share it with me.