New members of the Norway forum, introduce yourself here

My wife she is in norwey now
and I ask her to com and born here in tunisia than she say cant cos cant travel she is in 8 monthe pregnant
my visa raison it s visit family

Hi all!

I'm new to Expat.com I've come across the site before but I thought I'd try networking on it this time around!

So to introduce myself I'm a 24 year old expat currently living in Vestfold, Norway with my hubby Stian and our furry family of two cats and one cheeky dog. I love hiking, blogging, traveling and animals, I'm also a great big nerd with a not-so-secret love for computer games too.

I write a blog about my time in Norway, its been going for some time now but its linked on my profile if you want to hear more.

I speak english and 'sort of' Norwegian, if you have a northern Norwegian accent it might throw me a little...

I would love to get to know anyone in similar shoes to me, or if you have any questions I'd love it if you gave me a message :D

Welcome to Expat.com, Chrissy!

I'm not yet an expat, but I'm planning to move to Buskerud this summer (so not too far from Vestfold). I definitely want to network and get in touch with other expats as well, especially those living nearby.

:P I'm jealous of your furry family by the way, but hope to have my own someday. My fiance has already spotted a cat he thinks we should adopt once I get there, so there is hope. I'm really interested in getting in touch with people who have recently moved to Norway and know what it's like settling in and getting used to things. I'll send you a message shortly with a few questions, if you don't mind.

Hi everyone,

My name is David, from Portugal and I am thinking about moving to Norway.

I have two possibilities of working there, in Oslo or Trondheim and am looking for information about both and Norway in general.

Cheers

Hi (:

I am a 22 year old Canadian that will be moving to Bergen permanently once my significant other and I purchase a house. He is from Bergen and we take turns traveling back and forth frequently.

I have become friends with his close inner circle, but would very much like to have friends of my own (:

Hi Aaleren!

Its so nice you have a starting place with your significant others circle of friends. I live a good hour and a half away from Bergen so I'm probably not much help but its such a beautiful part of Norway I'm sure you'll find some great friends of your own there :) Maybe join some clubs or groups?

Hi
Ive just moved into norway and planning to work here for 2-3years. Am an engineer from uganda.
Hoping to have a great time here.

Cheer

Hi Every one, I am moving to Norway mid July hopefully and i like to network myself with new and similar around Trondheim. I hope to find domestic jobs around there for a start. Please contact if you know any job open like that. I will like to join any fun clubs in Trondheim for expats. Thanks every one! Peace.

Hey!

Nice to have you here. Forum and country :D

How are you finding things? The job hunting can be grueling here... Though the fact that you've held a manager position in England should work in your favor.

hi...

in norwegian man living in oslo.

im new this site. speak norwegian language and litle english.

Best regards
Midnightsun

Velkommen!

Hello beautiful people here. My name is Mercy and am Nigerian.  Moved to Norway in September last year. It's a beautiful country no doubt. Am learning the language now.

I worked as a property consultant in dubai before moving to Norway though I have a degree in psychology.

Making friends is a bit difficult here and am just wondering if any Nigerian is in this forum and living in molde or close to molde. Am also Job hunting if anyone can help either through Web info or direct contact that will be highly appreciated.

Wishing everyone best of luck in Norway.

Hello Mercy,
           Its sound like you are settling down in Norway and loving it. My name is Angela from Ghana and i am coming to Norway July but i need a person like you to stay with. If you live alone and we can share a room, i will really appreciate it.. I am doing radio Journalism in Ghana but not yet on the main stream, and i like to move to Norway. I am sure it will be more comfortable with you...
I have some other male contacts in Norway bt i rather be on my own before meeting them and see what is possible.
I really will hope to hear from you soon.
Till then, warm regards
angela

Hello Mercy,
           Its sound like you are settling down in Norway and loving it. My name is Angela from Ghana and i am coming to Norway July but i need a person like you to stay with. If you live alone and we can share a room, i will really appreciate it.. I am doing radio Journalism in Ghana but not yet on the main stream, and i like to move to Norway. I am sure it will be more comfortable with you...
I have some other male contacts in Norway bt i rather be on my own before meeting them and see what is possible.
I really will hope to hear from you soon.
Till then, warm regards
angela

Angle, nice to hear from you. That's ok you are always welcome.  Where I live might not be where you intend to stay while in norway. I live in molde if it's ok with you do let me know.

Mercy,
  Why did you choose Molde if i may ask? and i just checked on on Google map and it will be ok with you there until its necessary to change locations but from the start i can hang out there and pick the language and reconnect with some old pals in Norway. I like to know te closest Airport if i fly from Accra to Lisbon, then to Norway...
  In the time being i like to tell you abit of myself at least before i am ready to meet you.

[email protected] I will reply to your message. Just send me an email.
:)

hi everyone. This forum has almost every information that I need. Thank you guys!
To introduce a bit about myself. I came here last year to study master's and soon if everything goes smooth I will start working. I'm currently staying in Oslo and loving it here.

hw r u my name is sibin john

Hi sibin john,

A longer introduction would be great.

I wish a warm welcome to all new members of the Norway forum and thank you for your introduction. :)

Hello, Am Robert from Kenya.. Am the Founder Fight Eliminate Hunger Initiative an initiative to combat hunger in Kenya. Due to financial constrains, am not in a good position to finance and support the said initiative
Kindly i would love to work in Norway in agriculture field.

Hi, everyone. I'm Anne Olsen. We just  arrived here in Norway from the Philippines. And it's a very nice  place. It seems for me I'm near in heaven.........thanks a lot that I'm a part of  this forum. Regards to all...

Hi All,

Jesus it took me few mins to quick scroll all the posts, some are really good, some are regular Job seekers and some were bit sad likevdad can't be with pregnant wife....

Anyways time to add a line for myself, I have Jignesh Jani from Melbourne, I am Australian Citizen. I work as IT (SAP) Professional enjoy life with family i.e. wife and 2 Kids(Monkeys) :-) 3 yrs n 5 yrs. We enjoy travelling different part of this beautiful world. we have been to many place and now its time to enjoy the beauty of Norway with family starting 03.09.2014. Initially I thought of going to Narvik, Kiruna and ROV (Stanta clause village) but after home work found it will be good to check out Lapland during Christmas so that Kids can enjoy Santa village. So I thought of Helsinki, Stockholm and Finally Oslo -- Flam -- Bergen. My humble request to all handsome/Beautiful/sweet local Norway Gem (People) to assist me with some of the good places where i can enjoy especially my kids than it will be great. I am planning to live 5 min (in Tram) from Oslo Central station as my base than visit to Norway in Nutshell next early morning. I am happy to rent a car but thought it won't add value to rent car unless Tourist good spot are too far ? or  if I can see Northern lights by travelling outskirts of city. howz the Night life in Oslo I hope I am not too greedy :-)

If you guys Plan your vacation to Australia/New Zealand than you know where you can find me :)

can't wait to enjoy the scenic beauty of Norway
Jignesh

Thanks, you will not be greedy. It's open to everyone who want to spend their time and discover the beauty of the sorroundings. Have a nice time with your family. Hope you will enjoy  ;)

Thanks

From india . iving in oslo from last 3 months.

I am khurram shahzad from Pakistan and I am willing to come in Norway with my wife.

[Moderated: post an advert in the Housingsection please]

Konbee wrote:

Hello guys I will. Be coming to Oslo I want new friends

Norway is great u should move in Fredrikstad,Sarpsborg or somthing near sweden and many things in sweden u can buy cheeper.
:D

Good day to you! Am a Nigerian and planning to apply to Norway Universities for my graduate school...kindly help me with tips and information needed

Hi Everyone
My name is Misha an i am a newbie on this forum . :top: I currently live in UK and i am about to live England for Norway ,Well ,to be honest i am a bit nervous about my move but excited also .I have started to learn Norwegian and i find it a verry interesting sound -like language .Any tips for me it will be much appreciated.

Take it easy and many thanks .

misha bosna wrote:

Hi Everyone
My name is Misha an i am a newbie on this forum . :top: I currently live in UK and i am about to live England for Norway ,Well ,to be honest i am a bit nervous about my move but excited also .I have started to learn Norwegian and i find it a verry interesting sound -like language .Any tips for me it will be much appreciated.

Take it easy and many thanks .

Hey Misha,

Where about in Norway you going to? And are you coming over for work? I hear it's very difficult to find work here for non norwegians :s

I'm in Oslo by the way, from Oxford :)

[moderated: post your advert in the housing section please]

Helo, how are you?
My name is Moez, I have 29 years old, I live in  Spain and i have been here three years out of work.
Please i need your for your information how can i go to look for work in Norway.
thank you

jelali wrote:

Helo, how are you?
My name is Moez, I have 29 years old, I live in  Spain and i have been here three years out of work.
Please i need your for your information how can i go to look for work in Norway.
thank you

Hi Moez,
Do you speak Norwegain? I hear it is very difficult for non Norwegian to find work in Norway and if you don't speak the language, it will be more difficult.
Good luck

Am Vijay anand , an IT professional from Bangalore ,India moving to Stavanger in the mid of October to work from there.Looking for the details of rental houses and other useful information for newbies of Norway.This site is really good and helpful. Thanks.

I'm Patricia from Kenya currently working in Lebanonas a  domestic helper ,I'm looking for a job in Norway of similar kind please help me or tell me how i can get job in Norway
Thank you in advance.

I m Patricia from Kenya currently working in Lebanon as a domestic worker, since I have gained enough experience, I am looking for a job in Norway,
Thanks in advance looking forward to hear from you.

Hey
Im kairan, im 24 and currently living in Wales and in UK. I am desperately seeking a fresh start in a new country. I have been drawn to Norway and in Particular Bergen. Unfortunately i dont have a particularly amazing job nor did i go to uni. I have lots of customer service experience and more recelty admin/secretary experience. I have just finished a Diploma in Business IT with HR. I was wondering where the best place to look for these sort of jobs for an english speaking person was? Or if anyone with my similar sort of experience has gone and worked abroard? Many thanks.

I am a thirty-two -year-old general nurse with a bachelor of nursing science degree.I have nine years of clinical work experience. I intend to relocate to Norway as a general nurse.I live in Cameroon.

Closed