Muslims families, mosques, halal stores near Sau Paulo

"I really don't think that the Igreja Universal de Reino de Deus or Igreja Mundial de Poder do Deus are concentrated mostly in lower income areas of the cities as you stated"

The largest concentration of Evangelicals are in the poor peripheries of São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro(São Miguel Paulista, in SP, and cities like São João do Meriti and Nova Iguaçu) and the Northern region of the State of Rio de Janeiro. None of these regions are known for their concentration of high income people.

Hello greer n and AndKen,

This conversation is really starting to drift way  :offtopic:

Let's remember that the reason for this thread is to help assist Muslim expats to Brazil make contacts in the Muslim community, locate mosques and find halal foods here.

If you wish to continue this discussion please start a new thread rather than doing it here. Your cooperation will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

This is the whole ruling of halal meat and doubts people have in their mind.
I have just posted this here for you guys for help. The authenticated website from where this ruling is copied is
http://www.daruliftaa.com/node/5106.

Guys say you get hahal meat in supermarket. Strange i did not find one. CIBAL halal is one company that exports, you dont get that meat in supermarket (if any one did find can post the exact address and location, name of mall he could find it). I write this because you get suggestion of CIBAL halal but one should also guide to the store where you get it in sao paulo, rio or campinas.

Others says SADIA has halal meat as the owner is muslim. But who knows if it had been processed according to halal criteria. One point to note is SADIA has PORK products. I can write many things why this business in halal market. but i keep them silent as this is a public post. I personally avoid SADIA coz it is in PORK market also.

I was also suggested not to go for SADIA in sao paulo by practising muslim. I understand they have a point as they are in brazail for long.

One most freaking replies I got from people was they just say bismillah and consume meat here and this saying will make everything halal. I wonder which ulema's provide this made easy rulings. Anyways I dont want to enter that part of discussion.

In the very end i just have a message to convey, if you want to eat you eat unhalal meat and say that it is ok, things are difficult here and so on. if you dont want to eat un halal meat then you stay away.

One good news is you get halal meat here in sao paulo in front of the mosque in Bras, the above address is authentic and I have visited.

The fatwa ruling is below

I know that there have been so many questions (and answers) regarding halal meat and that the standard answer is that meat from animals that aren't slaughtered observing Islamic rituals are haram. However I would like to know what a Muslim who is living in a country where halal meat isn't available at all should do.

I'm Brazilian and the position adopted by most, if not all, Islamic centers in Brazil is that it is enough to say bismillah" to make the meat halal. The argument is that there is no halal meat available and that it's haram to consume such meat only when a Muslim has the choice to eat halal meat and is careless about it. They also say that imposing more conditions would create much hardship for Muslims in Brazil. At least one of the persons who advocate such position considers himself a Hanafi.

Is this a valid opinion, even if a weak one, in the Hanafi School? If not, is there a more lenient opinion in another school that Brazilians could take in this case?

In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,

Consuming unlawful (haram) meat becomes permissible only when one's life is threatened in that one fears death. As such, consuming Haram meat will remain unlawful even in countries where Halal meat is not easily available.

Allah Most High says:

He (Allah) has only forbidden upon you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that on which any other name has been invoked besides that of Allah. But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits, then he is guiltless. For Allah is Oft-forgiving Most Merciful.” (Surah al-Baqarah, 173)

Therefore, it will not be sufficient to merely pronounce the name of Allah on the meat and then consume it; rather, all the necessary conditions for a valid slaughter must be fulfilled, even in countries such as Brazil.

If one is unable to obtain Halal meat, then one will have to do with fish, vegetables and other types of Halal food.

And Allah knows best

[Mufti] Muhammad ibn Adam
Darul Iftaa
Leicester , UK

Cibal Halal's website lists all of the Halal Certified Brands for both beef and poultry.

These products are all inspected, certified Halal and the slaughter and processing of the animals meets all Halal requirements.

I would have a great deal of trouble putting any faith in an article written by someone in the UK as opposed to someone who is actually in Brazil. I don't think their crystal ball really has that kind of range! So despite your protestation, there is Halal meat and poultry in Brazil and it is readily available. Brazil is one of the largest exporters of Halal meats and poultry in the world. To even suggest that these products are not available here is absurd.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Hi all
I was really hoping someone on here could help me out. I'm looking for local Muslims who go to sight the moon in the São Paulo area. We are in California and really need a reliable group of people who are passionate about it! Any info would be appreciated!
Thank you all!

hello there,

Are you living in sao paulo and would like to know moonsighting information in sao paulo or you stay in california and dont have moonsighting information there and you would like to collect message from muslim community here in sao paulo ?.

Coz if you are in SP i can help you personally (but the guys speak portuguese/arabic). If you are in california I can also give you information of nearest muslim community there.
Ramadhan started here on 29 july. no moon was sighted on eve of 28. But as 30 days in the month of shabaan had completed, Ramadhan commenced on 29th july.

Thank you so much for your response. I am in the California Bay Area, and we are a part of a very large community of global moonsighters. What we need is for someone in brazil to be a contact for us. We need someone to go out 2 days prior to either confirm or deny a sighting. We have trained people here who can give exact locations of where to look and what time it should be seen. We also have someone who is from Brazil here and speaks fluent Portuguese.
We are desperately trying to keep the sunnah alive! If you think you could help then I can provide you with my email?
I really really appreciate your response!
Ramadan Kareem!

ISLAMIC CENTER OF BRAZIL - MOSQUE
ISLAMIC CENTER OF BRAZIL - MOSQUE
AV. DO ESTADO , 5382 CAMBUCI,
Sao Paulo, SP 01516-000, BRAZIL
Phone:     011 - 32086789
Fax:     011 - 32089427
Email:     [email protected].

please write if contact is not been named.

Sociedade Islâmica de Campinas foto do perfil
Sociedade Islâmica de Campinas
Rua Professor Nicolau Marchini, 87
Parque São Quirino
email,envelope,letter,mail,message,envelop [email protected]
phone,tel,telephone (19) 3256-3930
web - sociedadeislamicacampinas.org.br/
- facebook.com/pages/Sociedade-Isl%C3%A2mica-de-Campinas/521182694654431

hi, very useful discussion and thanks to all the contributors. Can someone tell me how many Pakistani families are there in Sao Paulo. I mean I dont need to know exact number but just an idea? Are there any schooles in Sao Paulo offering education with English as a medium of instruction? Thanks

There are many Pakistanis in São Paulo, but even so they'll be pretty difficult to find unless you go to the mosque or frequent some of the halal certified butcher shops in the Pari neighborhood.

As far as Brazilian schools go, the public school system is completely in Portuguese. You may find some private schools that teach in English but they'll be extremely expensive.

few pakistanis are there is sao paulo. yes english medium education is available in sao paulo

thanks wjwoodward and amaj

Are there frequent balck outs/load shedding? Any idea what is the average salary for a fresh university lecturer?

Blackouts??? Do you mean electricity outages? If so, they are so common anywhere in Brazil people have stopped counting them.

As far as wages for university lecturers I doubt that they're hired by the universities, but rather contracted as needed and they pay based on what is negotiated with the lecturer. No way to predict this.

O really? Its a great turn off. I really wanted to accept a faculty position at a university in Sao Paulo. I assume electricity outage is coupled with crime as well.

No, power outages are associated with the fact that nobody has ever heard of "preventative maintenance" in Brazil. They build things, complete infrastructure projects and that's the end of it. Nobody takes care of them.

when you wanted to accept faculty position then that was very good oppurtunity as you had position.

when you had negotiated the job then you also know the salary too.

why are you worried about a strange thing blackout. Is it essential for you ?

regards

i want to move move Brazil how can i find the job .are any comanies that i can apply online

Unless you have a degree in one of the STEM (science / technology / engineering / mathematics) field professions it is extremely difficult for foreigners to obtain work in Brazil. Brazilian laws require all employers to clearly prove to the Ministry of Labor that they've exhausted all efforts to place a qualified Brazilian in any job vacancy and have been unable to do so, before they can hire a foreign national to fill the vacancy.

If you're working for a large multi-national company now, you should contact your Human Resources Department, to see if they have any operations in Brazil. Perhaps they can help your either in terms of placement or at least put you in contact with the right people in their HR Department here.

Cheers,
James        Expat-blog Experts Team

thanks James.
i have a mathematics and Physics degree and i have teaching in a high school so it possible to get a job there in Brazil  when a person goes on visit ?

While you certainly can look for work while in Brazil as a tourist, you are NOT permitted to work or study in Brazil without the appropriate visa.

You can apply for a VITEM-V Work Visa through the Ministério de Trabalho e Empregos - MTE, should you be lucky enough to find something. However, in true Brazilian bureaucratic fashion you are required to return to your country of origin in order to personally receive the visa. The Consulado-Geral do Brasil there is the only authority that can place the visa in your passport.

Regarding teaching, that's likely going to be out of the question for you here in Brazil since teaching positions are almost all civil service positions, reserved strictly for Brazilian citizens.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

Very thanks James.
your work always be appreciated for helping.yes you are true it not so easy to get a job on visit visa .one can apply from home country .
there is another question. you like to answer me ,I have many friends from Pakistan they just gone to Brazil on visit visa after they found a job in halal meat and foods you know well they are just working some in slaughtering and some in packing So is it possible to get a job in Halal food and you know meat factories Etc. and one thing more they just got asylum paper to stay in Brazil i don't know about them how can.can you explain that thing clearly.

Regards.
Waqas.

Hello waqaslodhi927,

While you could try doing just that, I can tell you that is NOT a viable option and it WILL NOT produce the results you're hoping for - becoming a permanent resident of Brazil.

For 2013, the most current figures I have been able to find, show that your chances of getting refugee status in Brazil are very poor indeed.

The greatest number of refugee claims (1837) came from citizens from Bangladesh; NONE of them were granted refugee status. The next largest group was from Senegal (961) only FOUR of those applicants were granted refugee status. In that year less than 1 out of 3 applications from citizens of Pakistan (100) were successful. Only 32 Pakistanis were granted refugee status that year. The vast majority of claims that were accepted, in fact, more than double all the other nationalities that were granted refugee status were from citizens of Syria (284). During that year there were NO refugee claims made by citizens of India, because Indian citizens see that their chances here are extremely poor and they view Brazil as being a country that is not "refugee friendly", which is not true.

In refugee claims, anywhere in the world, priority is given to citizens of countries that are ravaged by civil wars or natural disasters. Unfortunately the vast majority of refugee claims that get made are not by individuals who fall within this description, but rather "economic refugees", who look at refugee claims as a means to get around immigration laws and try to enter countries simply to earn more money. They are NOT true refugees in any sense of the word and their claims always end up being denied and they either return home voluntarily or are deported. In the meantime the financial burden they place on the nation's refugee program serves only to harm their fellow countrymen, since the number of false claims simply causes the government to accept fewer refugee claims from that nation and reject a higher percentage of those that they do accept.

So the short answer is, DON'T BOTHER wasting your time. It's not going to do you any good. You may come here and be able to stay for 6 months, maybe a year, while your refugee claim is being decided. However in the end, you will wind up being removed from the country, one way or another unless you are from a war torn nation or from a country that has recently suffered a major natural disaster.

Refugee claims are not a way to "beat the system", and jump the queue to put you ahead of all the other potential immigrants who go through the proper channels in order to come to this country, establish themselves in Brazilian society and find work.

Cheers,
James       Expat-blog Experts Team

many thank James for helping me out

Asc brother and sisters i just landed in Brazil san paula im trying to find an appartment near a Muslim  community or where i can i get halal food any one can help me please email to me xxx

Moderated by Sarvesh 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct