Update on our move

12 months ago I used to read this web page like it was the gospel, I was even more addicted to it than Facebook!
I want to say a big thank you to all those who helped me along the way.
And here we are, last November we left the uk, had a 2 week road trip though Europe  nearly died on the viaducts of Italy and was robbed of 9 hundred euros money in Rome but a very unscrupulous hotel manager, he stole from our room safe,  endured the horrendous winter ferry from Italy to Sicily
But we are here, both happy both now working I since January Dave only just. We have a lovely place to live and it is just as we imagined it to be : hard but worth every moment.

That's nice to hear , don't envy the ferry trip though

Prosit!! Some adventures there!

Dave&Rea wrote:

12 months ago I used to read this web page like it was the gospel, I was even more addicted to it than Facebook!
I want to say a big thank you to all those who helped me along the way.
And here we are, last November we left the uk, had a 2 week road trip though Europe  nearly died on the viaducts of Italy and was robbed of 9 hundred euros money in Rome but a very unscrupulous hotel manager, he stole from our room safe,  endured the horrendous winter ferry from Italy to Sicily
But we are here, both happy both now working I since January Dave only just. We have a lovely place to live and it is just as we imagined it to be : hard but worth every moment.

We start our road trip next month ... must admit to be a little concerned re the security. We will have a small car and the only things we are taking with us will be in it! The only other time I've driven in Europe our vehicle was broken into in France. Still, looking forward to it, expecting some "adventures" on our way.

Most importantly we hope to be able to echo (in a few months) "just as we imagined it to be : hard but worth every moment"

Thanks for the post, it is inspiring for us about to set off.
Matt & Maria

Yes go for it and you will be very welcome

Tommy

We are braving a road trip over next month, possessions and dog are coming with us so hopefully we wont be robbed on route fortunatley we have people we can stay with on route too.

I saw a very nice post her with someone detailed journey from the uk on the route they took and costs, anyone know where I can find it please, Ive been trawling through posts and cant see it.

We are going travelling from Malta towards UK so would be interested in routes that are reasonably stress free and reliable ready for May ....
we are taking our dog with us on our adventure ..... so any routes would be great to receive.

follow this thread

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=228028