Soon be in Male working in Restaurant - What about Filipino community?

hello im Kressa, im now waiting for my permit and visa hopefully it will be done this week, and im planning to fly there next month as soon as im done with the Maldivian consulate. i got a job offer in Male, its a 2 years contract in a restaurant. im hoping to find new friends since i'll be working there, by the way im from the Philippines and i've heard we have a Filipino community there, im so excited and i can't wait to meet you guys soon.. thank you for this blog for giving us (newbies) a chance to know Maldives more.. thanks a lot.. :*

Hi Kressa,

Goodluck! Filipino's are happy welcoming you here...btw which resto you'llbe work with? I'm also working at Male.

Regards,
Jona

Hello all  :cheers:

@kressa : kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Maldives Forum to help you get better interactions.

Regards

Kenjee

[moderated: off topic]

Hi Kressa;

Welcome to EB Maldives!

Filipinos are almost everywhere now in the Maldives. Some of them are industry leaders in their own field of expertise. We are active in terms of socializing with each other and we have a good camaraderie among us.

Let us know your flight and employer details and we wish to welcome you soon!

Cheers=)

:cheers:  friend  if u  get the visa copy, it mean ur job is guaranteed, what is the name of ur employer?  U can purchase the ticket with out any doubt, May be ur ticket charge is refundable form the employer., any  way good luck frnd and hearty welcome to the beautiful islands world.

By Adarsh

Jona_d wrote:

Hi Kressa,

Goodluck! Filipino's are happy welcoming you here...btw which resto you'llbe work with? I'm also working at Male.

Regards,
Jona

if u r working in a resto then why dont u invite us for a meal for free hehe... as we are ur friends dhw hehe

hi.. new to male city.. life is so boring here.. hope to meet and make some new friends.
was in the beautiful Philippines earlier..
   hope to meet some here..

Hi drhari,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

As this thread here is a bit old I will invite you to please start a new topic on the Maldives Forum with a few more words about yourself just as a proper introduction :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team