Can i enter Bahrain with the copy of my valid visa in my old passport.

Hi everyone. I have a question,if you guys answer me. I renewed my passport and got new one,but my work visa to Bahrain is in my old passport which is not with me,i have only copy of my old passport and visa. I am about to return to Bahrain from my vacation,My question is can i enter Bahrain without problem.

You will have to bring both your passports - the new one and the original previous passport which has a valid work visa.

No way you will be let in without the old passport. What happened to the old passport?

thank you for your response, according to my country's passport regulations i have to surrender my old passport to get new one

Have you discussed this matter with your employer and told them that you are going to change your passport while you are on vacation? If not, I doubt they will be happy about it. Speak to your employer's HR department and they might be able to sort the issue with LMRA. Do not travel to Bahrain without checking it with your employer first.

I have same problem you have, regarding passport regulations. I have valid visa in my old passport, but i should change and get new passport. So i want to know is it possible to enter Bahrain with copy of an old one?! Anyone has such situation? Thank you in advance.

Dear Mumina,

It is always recommend to have a valid visa on a valid passport to avoid any confusion, i am not sure how your case would be handled, but its always advisable to change or apply for a new passport when your in Bahrain and once you get your new passport ask your company to do the needful that is to get the new visa stamp on the new passport.

I am sure someone who has experienced this issue in the forum will reply back to you

T&R
Arjun

Dear Arjun

The problem is we have no Uzbekistan Embassy here in Bahrain, but Embassy in Kuwait and Dubai are not giving passports, we should go and get passport in Uzbekistan. But my old passport expiry date is until 2030. But by the law of our country we should renew our passport. Only the number will change other information stay the same. So maybe is it possible to make a color copy of old one and come with new one. And our government will give only page with visa.

Don't they cancel your old passport and return it to you?

My country returns the old passport to us after cancelling it. So when we return to Bahrain on the new passport we show the old passport to the Immigration Officers who check and make an endorsement in the new passport.

A lot of countries don't give back old passports, so YES make colour copies of all the relevent pages. You will see that in your new passport it will have a page where it says "refers to old passport No.........." You should inform employers before this happens though so they can make the necessary arrangements to make sure you have a trouble free journey

I renew my passport and I have to travel back to my country. Shall I ask to my company to get old valid visit stamp on new passport??.  I cant travel if I don't have the visa on new one but have on old passport and holding both on airport??.
Is something else is required than visa stamp on new passport or only stamp on new passport??