Is 1000BD per month a good salary for a 9 Years experienced

I am currently in South India as a sales Manager with 9 years experience handling a team of 19, I just got an offer of 1000 BDR per month in bahrain (Manama) incl house & transport allowance.

I have gone through enough about cost of living, so my only question is, is the salary offered right as per the job profile and experience.

Can you share / throw light about any body you know in similar field and experience and their pay per month in Bahrain. Also i have not yet expressed my ineterest and discussed in details about the contract years etc. just wanted an idea before discussing.

Sorry, one more question - How are the annual pay rise in Bahrain private firms.

Really sad to see there is no response.... I have the discussion in two days and have to decide on the offer.

If someone is willing to help, pls do..

harry3083 wrote:

Really sad to see there is no response.... I have the discussion in two days and have to decide on the offer.

If someone is willing to help, pls do..

First off, those who respond here do so on a volunteer basis. It is normal not to have any responses for a couple of days, especially when you post at the beginning of the weekend here. Secondly, the Forum regulars do make it a point to respond to most threads, but when the topic is something that has been beaten to death, then it is normal for us to skip these threads.

To answer your question: no one can say for sure if the pay offered is appropriate or not, without knowing a bit more about what industry you will be working in, what your background is and what qualifications you hold. Pay of a sales manager in a department store is different to the pay of a sales manager in a real estate company. Pay of a professionally qualified sales manager will be different to the pay of someone who does not possess such qualifications. I personally know sales managers who earn BD250 while there are others who earn BD5,000! So it really is difficult to say if what your potential employers are offering you is appropriate or not.

Pay rises in Bahrain generally average about 3% to 5%, if you are lucky. The general level of inflation is also round about that.

Good luck with your discussion.

Thanks a lot for your time!!!

Also about my qualification - Engineer & MBA. Sales Management experience in Manufactured Industrial Products. - If in case this will be useful for you to help me with an average salary indication. The potential employer is also an Industrial product manufacturer.

Much better ...

I assume you are in your early 30s. If so, you should try to negotiate for more - at least BD200 more. At least this will allow you to cover rent.

Also if you have school going children add something for school fees.

If you are still below 30 and do not have kids, then I suppose the offer is alright, but still no harm in asking for more.

Good luck!

Hi farhaz,

After negotiation they are supposed to get back to me on the revised salary tomorrow...

Meanwhile, about the medical tests, I have Hypertension (controlled with tablets) and Colour blindness. I have earlier lost a fantastic opportunity at the last stage due to above two reasons in my country in the earlier stage of my career.

Fear the same will happen for this offer too. This is almost a dream job with huge opprotunities for my growth.

Request your opinion on the same pls.

This is a difficult one to answer Harry.
Lots of people have hypertension these days and as long it is under control with medication, I would not worry too much about it. As for the other condition, I know some companies insist on a full vision test including colour vision. If your job requires perfect colour vision, then you better be aware of this. If perfect colour vision is not absolutely required, then you should be fine.

Best wishes.

Thanks again for your time!!!

Will these tests be important for visa processing (or) by the organisation. The reason am asking is to decide on telling them beforehand than waiting fr surprises...

Would be grateful if you could throw some light on this pls..

Some companies make it a condition of work. If this is the case, you may want to tell them early.

If the pre-employment medical is a comprehensive one then this will be part of visa requirements.

But most companies send their staff to the government facility. This is usually a quick exercise and may not include colour.

As long as your medical conditions do not affect your work I think you should be alright.

You should decide if you wish to tell them or not depending on whether your job requires perfect colour vision.

Hypertension is quite common. Probably you don't need to talk about this.

Farhaz wrote:

Some companies make it a condition of work. If this is the case, you may want to tell them early.

If the pre-employment medical is a comprehensive one then this will be part of visa requirements.

But most companies send their staff to the government facility. This is usually a quick exercise and may not include colour.

As long as your medical conditions do not affect your work I think you should be alright.

You should decide if you wish to tell them or not depending on whether your job requires perfect colour vision.

Hypertension is quite common. Probably you don't need to talk about this.

Very helpful info. You are guiding your forum well. Keep it up!!

mal wrote:

Very helpful info. You are guiding your forum well. Keep it up!!

Thanks mal. Try to share what I know.

Hi Farhaz,

Gave the medical test and to my surprise, Colour blindness test was not there as a part of procedure.. got a report as fit to work..

I got this info as the colour vision test is mostly for marines, Pilot, Navy... - Thought this piece of information might be helpful...

Also HR of the new employer i pushing me to resign immediately, as visa will come in 14 to 15 days and it will give me time to serve my notice period with current employer.. Request your opinion on this pls.

Hi Harry

This is absolutely good news. And exactly what I thought too. Medical conditions become deal breakers only if they are important for your profession. Many thanks for confirming this with your experience.  :top:

My sincere advise to you - please do not hurry and hand in your resignation. I have seen a number of people rush into this and then end up having to wait for an extended period without any income, because some document processing guy here is delaying the paper work. Make sure all your paper work is in place before leaving your current job.

Hi Farhaz,

Thank you so much!

I will take your advice on the resignation after visa approval, ( my notice is 90 days with current employer). I guess Visa will have validity until then.

Also in general, do H.R's normally ask for a relieving letter or is an resignation acceptance email is sufficient. Would request you to kindly throw some light on this pls.

You are actually doing a great!! I could see so many like me are getting very useful info and advice from you.. That's really Great!!

Hmmmm ... we may have an issue with the 90 day matter.

If I remember correct the visa your employer will get for you to enter Bahrain (called a "No Objection Certificate" or "NOC" for short) also has a validity of only 90 days. So you may have to speak to your employers and see if they will be happy with a shorter notice period.

I don't think your HR will need any proof of your resignation, as long as you arrive here and start work as per your agreement with them.

And thanks for your great words of appreciation. Hopefully you will also contribute to the Forum and share your experience, once you are here in Bahrain.

Hi Farhaz,

I have been checking my visa status for the past few days in LMRA website with my passport number. Until today it was showing status as "Employment visa in progress"..

This evening when i checked the status changed to "Valid Employment Visa". I understand it as approved. But still have a confusion and want to get it confirmed. Have written about it to my new employer, have to hear it from there. It is late already and am impatient to wait till sunday.

Could you share any info you have about this please. Thanks!!

Hi Harry - I saw the other discussion. You now know this is fine and will be in Bahrain soon.

Hope you had a great party! ;)

Hi!!

The company has sent me the tickets for travel to bahrain on 18th Aug!!!

Thanks a lot for the help every one, specially farhaz!

Cant wait to be with you wonderful people...

Hey Harry :D

Waiting for you to come to the Pearl Island ;)

Hope you enjoy your stay here :)

harry3083 wrote:

Hi!!

The company has sent me the tickets for travel to bahrain on 18th Aug!!!

Thanks a lot for the help every one, specially farhaz!

Cant wait to be with you wonderful people...

Hey Harry. Great news once again. :top:
Best wishes to you for this new phase in your career.

Look forward to meeting you when you get here.

... and thanks for your kind words  :thanks:

No.itz quiet less

Sudipto1012 wrote:

No.itz quiet less

Hi there. Thanks for your response, but if you follow the conversation, you will see that we have gone way past that phase. :)

Hi!!

Am reaching bahrain on 1st week of September!

Am really thrilled...but have few things to be clarified before leaving...

if its not too much trouble can i P.M, they are a little personalised..

Thanks..

Also thanks to you farhaz!, for your advice on Notice period... I have managed to sort it out in a professional manner and moving out from current employer amicably...

hey thanks Farhaz, you've been really helpful ...

cheers

harry3083 wrote:

Hi!!

Thanks..

Sure , feel free to ask anything ;)

And we wish you a pleasant stay in Bahrain  :top:

harry3083 wrote:

Hi!!

Thanks..

Go ahead if it's really personal. :)

harry3083 wrote:

Also thanks to you farhaz!, for your advice on Notice period... I have managed to sort it out in a professional manner and moving out from current employer amicably...

Well done. That's the way to separate. It's a small world and paths will cross I future. So should my burn bridges.

Hope to see you in Bahrain soon!

Nawafo wrote:

hey thanks Farhaz, you've been really helpful ...

cheers

Thanks Nawafo. You too are a pillar here and provide very useful advise.