Moving from Chennai (India) to Adelaide shortly. Request help...

Hi, I got my South Australian State Sponsored (subclass 489) visa approved last week. I'm planning to relocate to Adelaide shortly. As I don't know anyone in Adelaide I'm here to ask  help. Is there any help centers for people like me where I can talk (over phone) and get some help? Or any Indian who is kind enough to share their contact number to clarify my doubts would be really appreciated.

Awaiting your reply

~
Raj

Hello Raj.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

What kind of help are you looking for?

Maybe you could ask your questions on the forum so that members can help you.

Thank you,
Aurélie

i am u.v.murali coming to adelaide  on 3/7/2013. I wish to stay for
a week. I am coming with my wife. I am looking for budget accomodation. I am coming to complete my port of entry in time.
I hold 475 gsm visa. I will be thankful if some one can help me,my
email id is uvm_2k2yahoo.com

cbrajkumar.
Best you do an online search to see if there is an indian community, church etc in Adelaide. I feel sure you will find something. Just type in 'indian community Adelaide 'into google and see what comes up. 

u.v.murali

Google ' budget accommodation adelaide ' and you will find what you are looking for.

Hello Murali/Raj

Am from Chennai and settled here since July 2012 with family.  Happy to assist with any information that you require.

Best wishes on your move.

~MARK

Hi raj, hope u hv settled dwn n adelaid..if u find plz share ur experience ..im frm chennai too n planning my move by march'14....thanks

Hello Guys,

I recently got my PR sponsored by South Australia and i'am planning to travel Adelaide during this year end or by first quarter of 2014. I would be coming from Hyderabad, India.

I need some info before hand so that i can prepare myself. Can anyone help me on this please....

Mark / Monica / Murali / Raj: Please help with the information which you have.

Thanks in advance,

Chandan

hi seekay, i still nt reachd n planning by march'14 so i may nt much info

Thanks Monica... Even i planned to be there in Adelaide by year end but due to some reasons had to postpone my travel. Will land there December of found a job or will be there anytime in Q1 of 2014 (Jan - Mar).

Let's catch up online or through chat sometime so that we can discuss more...

If interested, you can write to me at [email protected]

Cheers !

hi,

Am  Hemalatha, from chennai,i applied for the PR immigrant visa for Adelaide.
before december 2014,i will travel to Adelaide..
am the primary applicant,and my husband,my son,my 7 months girl baby are in dependent visa.
i have many doubts...kindly anyone consider and answer for my queries.

-how to find a job,as am a B.Pharm and mba,nearly 12 yrs exp i have...
-ready to accept any kind of work..
-how to find a budget rented house
-how much cash i have to bring for survival..

don,t ignore  my post...please help me to start a new life in adelaide.

regards,
Hemalatha

hema 14 wrote:

hi,

Am  Hemalatha, from chennai,i applied for the PR immigrant visa for Adelaide.
before december 2014,i will travel to Adelaide..
am the primary applicant,and my husband,my son,my 7 months girl baby are in dependent visa.
i have many doubts...kindly anyone consider and answer for my queries.

-how to find a job,as am a B.Pharm and mba,nearly 12 yrs exp i have...
-ready to accept any kind of work..
-how to find a budget rented house
-how much cash i have to bring for survival..

don,t ignore  my post...please help me to start a new life in adelaide.

regards,
Hemalatha

Welcome to the forum 

For jobs you could try www.seek.com.au
For cost of living etc www.numbeo.com  This will then give you an idea of how much you will need to get by until you find a job.

You should also read other posts on the Australia forum as there are many suggestions and ideas that may help you. Also you should Google search for Indian communities or clubs in Adelaide then contact them for assistance.

I am Ravi Kumar from india & my profession is Electrical Engineer in maintenance and site as well as Industries.(Distribution ,Transmission & Generation ) Recently i received positive result from South Australia  and asked me to apply for SR 489 visa. Can you please suggest me any jobs related to my Profession.How to find jobs immediately after landing in NSW?how much cash i have to bring for survival..? and Visa says i have live in Regional aus for 2 years atleast...Please help me out

ravi201 wrote:

I am Ravi Kumar from india & my profession is Electrical Engineer in maintenance and site as well as Industries.(Distribution ,Transmission & Generation ) Recently i received positive result from South Australia  and asked me to apply for SR 489 visa. Can you please suggest me any jobs related to my Profession.How to find jobs immediately after landing in NSW?how much cash i have to bring for survival..? and Visa says i have live in Regional aus for 2 years atleast...Please help me out

You will not get a job immediately on arrival. Unemployment is rising here.

For jobs try www.seek.com.au  or simply Google search for them.

Cost of living is high so money wise you will need enough to cover you for at least 6 months until you get work.
For cost of living www.numbeo.com

Hi Ravi, good to hear that you have received a positive reply, would be able to assist you more and guide you properly, send me ur email address I will write to you in brief.

Chandu

[Moderated: Off Topic]

Hi , I am Jagan from UAE looking forward to apply for SA visa. I am working as Program Manager in IT banking and my wife is a lecturer in business and accounting. I got an invite to apply for SA. Would like to know if any suggestion on jobs etc. It will be of a great help.

Request you a few more information.

1. My daughter is going to Grade 11 in Apr 2018. She is appearing for final grade 10 exams in Mar 18.
Please let me know, when does the school academic starts. If I am planning to move in June 18, should it be fine for admissions. Any good High schools which is nominal available in Adelaide

2. My wife is a PHD and PGCERT in higher education and a lecturer in Accounting and Business in UK based university in dubai. How is the teaching field in Adelaide. Any inputs if possible, please.

Regards,

Jagan