Life in oman

Hello
Iam working as prof in trichy, tamilnadu , india
willing to shift to oman as professor . lecturer in computer science and enn dept. your advise reg. salary ?. i have 12 years of experience after M.E
For a single person , like me , is 900 omani rial per month is sufficient to live in oman . the company gives accomodation.

Hi nnsnsathappan and welcome to Expat.com!

I invite you to have a look at other topics on the cost of living in Muscat; https://www.expat.com/forum/577-22-cost … uscat.html this will give you an idea.

Thank you

nnsnsathappan wrote:

Hello
Iam working as prof in trichy, tamilnadu , india
willing to shift to oman as professor . lecturer in computer science and enn dept. your advise reg. salary ?. i have 12 years of experience after M.E
For a single person , like me , is 900 omani rial per month is sufficient to live in oman . the company gives accomodation.

Hello nnsnsathappan,

For a Post Graduate degree holder in Engineering, with 12 valuable year's of experience, the salary offered seems rather less. Try to negotiate for R.O. 1,500/-.

However, for a bachelor this salary would well suffice. Especially since accommodation is being taken care of by the employer.

After expenses you should be able to save at least R.O. 500/- from your salary every month, if you live a little carefully.

But more importantly, with all those expatriate unfriendly rules and regulations in place now, shifting of jobs is no more an option. You are stuck with your employer - whether you like it or not.

Suggest you read the many discussions on this subject in the forum, for your better understanding.

Good luck to you.