Unable to send a private Message

If you had bothered to read any of the hundreds of other postings on this topic you'd already know how to resolve the situation all by yourself. Is that too difficult?

@ chematt and bhavingandhi >

Please go through this link : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23238
You will find the solution and the answer to your question.

Thanks,

Priscilla

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/INBOX_zps991c08b0.jpg?t=1402847365

Wow beautiful post James, I am impressed !

Could we use your picture for other posts ?

Of course Julien, you didn't even need to ask me. Hope it helps.

Cheers,
James

Is there really a need for you to be so nasty to people Mr. Woodward. Maybe you've become to full of yourself. You wax on about the purpose of the forum. Perhaps this is a new one your adding.

bta87,

You surely must know the old saying about opinions, they're just like...  everybody has one.

Cheers

Indeed, and some of your opinions serve no useful purpose and would be better left unsaid. Most of what has been said on this forum has been said a gazillion times. If you feel as you do why don't you just tell people not to post. My opinion holds... You've become full if yourself since you have been appointed to the police squad

Thanks for your valued observations, they've been noted with the respect due to them.

What am I doing wrong?
I've been here a while and send messages whenever I want but my message box is only 9% full.  :joking:

Stop it El, you're killing me!  :lol:

Isn't anybody sending you PMs my friend? Or have all the ladies stopped sending you their copy & paste "Hello, I've seen your profile and I would really like for us to get to know each other much better." messages? Damn! I guess you're getting almost as old as I am, my unknown admirers have started drying up too.

BTW, Congrats on the FIFA World Cup win and trashing our guys so badly in the Brazil X Germany match. 7 X 1 that was just spectacular... our guys were sleeping through the whole match! Well deserved victory for your guys!

Cheers,
James

Its such  a shame this web site restricts new users. I had a great reply to my first forum posting only to find out that i could not reply to him. He must think i must be very rude! I am disappointed at this and am wondering how long i have to comment on other forum topics that i am not really interested in. If all new members need to do this then people that are looking for good answers to questions end up getting a load of 1 word answers!!!! Not conducive to people using this site....

Bjreilly,
It will only get worse my friend. This forum has gone steadily downhill. They have jackboot dictators that will make it very difficult for you to interact with topics on the site. Unless your looking for a mate, someone to teach you English or looking to advertise for free. There was a time it was a good site, but most of the old timers have left for one reason or another. However, it is Julien's site and he can do as he wishes, and he does!

Thank you for your reply, I havnt lost patience yet, i still live in hope...

It just feels very rude when people kindly respond to your post and you cant even give them a reply of thanks!

Hi Bjreilly,

Don't worry, you won't have problems here. The requirement for posting to the forums is part of the Automated Anti-Spam System which is there to protect everyone from mailboxes full of junk they neither want nor need. Every site has it's own way of accomplishing this goal, some require a membership fee (yikes), others are "by invitation only" sites, some require e-mail confirmation of your account, we chose the requirement of posting to the forum. So you see it's not really so different and much preferable to a membership fee or invitation only system. We also offer the advantage that your mailbox get bigger the more you participate on the forums.

Expat-blog has constantly grown and improved in its 9 years of existence, contrary to the comments by our old friend bta87 who has problems with the fact that we do have rules and apply them to everyone. He has had constant run-ins with the administration for this very reason and he's not a happy camper. I'd take his comments with a large grain of salt if I were you and just judge EB on what you see with your own eyes.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

BJ,
  I'm sure in time you will realize what our dear policeman Woodard is true " just judge the EB on what you see...". Indeed, you should and you will find the same as many. He boasts of how wonderful a scheme they have for stopping spam yet I continue love you get mail request from young girls looking for a mate. He neglects to tell you for a Lon long time we did not have to resort to this kind of stuff.
I can appreciate how you feel when you get an honest PM from someone and out if respect you wish to reply. Yet this is their narrow minded thinking. This is why they recruit the narrow minded policeman that offer their company policy replies like our dear friend officer Woodward.

Have managed to reply to Michael today, which was a relief, it felt so rude not replying to his message, i just hope he comes back to me now with a response.

And dont worry i wouldnt judge the website on one persons opinion, i am happy to use the site and find out if it works for me or not.

Thanks for your reply

Ben

http://tavorankose.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Do-not-feed-the-troll-03.jpg

Your new profile photo Di

Ben,
  Don't get me wrong one can find a lot of valuable information on this forum. Especially if your an expat or wanting to be an expat. I joined it for that reason. I've learned oodles on here. But there are many frustrations as well. At one time most of what was on here was good and and a great deal could be learned. Then the policing started. Great conversations were arbitrarily and unilaterally closed by the police. Yet they are not so quick to remove the free ads, or the girls looking for a father, or someone who wants to learn English. And now this new policy. Understandably many people new to the site are upset about this. But even given a the negative feedback they want to put their heads in the sand and extols their growth and excellence. Sure all sites need rules. But here they selectively enforce the rules and then take actions that fall under no rule e.g. End a conversation because it has to much interest.
But I do hope you enjoy the site and can glen some useful information sorted out from all the chaff. Take care. Don't worry, hopefully in no time you will be able to respond to the many kind people on here when they write you.

bta87,

I'm sorry, I think you're posting on the wrong forum. If you're talking about your rights under the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America you should be posting on the USA Forum, where they maybe would actually apply. They don't apply anywhere outside the continental United States and it's territories. They don't apply in Vietnam and they don't apply in Mauritius. They also don't apply on private forums all of which have the ultimate authority to edit, moderate and delete postings.

Officer Woodard,
I think it is you who is on the wrong forum. Being an expert on Brazil and Canada I doubt you know little about Vietnam. I never mentioned anything about the First Amendment of any country. Obviously you think forums operate best when the members are not allowed to speak. Your certainly free to express those views here it seems. That is rather instructive in itself. Maybe you can go bother the people on the Brazil forum now and find some constructive adult conversation to carry on.

bta87,

Since you're complaining about "censorship" in the VN forum, which by the way is applied in exactly the same manner in every one of the EB forums around the world you're obviously under the misguided notion that we have Freedom of Speech, and thus you're talking about your First Amendment rights, being that you're an American. You guys really tend to get bent out of shape when you find out that things may not be like that in the rest of the world, but they're NOT.

Since I'm not one of the people who edits, moderates, moves or locks topic postings I really don't give a rat's backside about how you feel about moderation. It is a fact of life we ALL must live with. I'll let you in on a big secret... I'm not immune from moderation either. I've had lots of postings moderated, know what? I simply "man up" and deal with it, like I suggest you should to.

Anyway, your posting here is completely  :offtopic: and I would suggest that perhaps if you want to keep on beating this dead horse perhaps you create a new thread. Just remember that our rules apply to everyone equally and failure to comply to them can result in loss of one's membership. I'm sure you've probably already found that out on your own since you claim to be one of the "old timers", refer to the past (before 2013) yet your join date is 2013. That would sort of indicate to me that your membership was cancelled at some point in the past and you've re-joined. Please correct me on that if I'm wrong.

You know, since I'm not one of the moderation team I don't know why you've singled me out for venting your anger about everything here at EB you don't like. I can tell you though that I don't have any problem whatsoever in reporting any of your postings that cross the line between contributing your opinion and making personal attacks on any member, myself included.

I'm not the "jackbooted police" as you've described me and moderators. I have posted to advise members of our rules, yes. I'm sure you are sufficiently intelligent to understand that has been done in order that they understand the system and how they can resolve the message problem all by themselves. Now, I recommend that you step down off your soapbox and get on with living.

Should you continue to make personal comments about me, I have no problem in taking all the steps necessary to deal with that situation and can guarantee you that when push comes to shove you'll be the one that doesn't like the final result. OK, got it!

Now,

We don't see what more can be added to help the initial poster on this topic.
As for the off topic (somehow useless) rant we suggest contacting us in private for any issue or queries on the terms and conditions of the website.
As we consider the initator's problem solved, the thread ends here.

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team.

Closed

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR