Need to apply FSW - what happens if I have no family member?

Hi All, my name is Julia from South Africa. My family and I planning to migrate to Canada. I studied BA degree and work  in telecommunications company for  12 year as account consultant.  My  husband working at retail for 20 years  as sales manager. Got diploma in Business Management.  We need to apply for FSW but one of the requirements is you must have a family member in Canada.  What will happen if you don't know anyone in Canada?   We are  really looking forward to move.

Government of Canada's Citizenship and Immigration  ministry recently announce the "express entry" system that applies to FSW, http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=867809

Instead of using point system, they will now use a ranking system.

Candidates will be ranked against others in the pool. Only the highest-ranked candidates (those deemed to have the best chances for economic success), and those with qualifying offers of arranged employment or provincial/territorial nominations, will be invited to apply for permanent residence.

In the previous method where point system was use, having direct family members (father/mother/uncle/aunty/brother/sister only) already in Canada adds to your points. I would think that they may still use it in the current ranking system but perhaps the weightage other factors.

All the best.

Hello All  :cheers: 

@ bjnemo : welcome to Expat.com :)

Kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Canada Forum so as to help you get better interactions.

Regards
Kenjee

Hi bjnemo,

There is absolutely no mention made of needing a family member for the Federal Skilled Worker application in the "Determine your eligibility" portion of the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website. While having a family member currently in Canada might improve your score in terms of your adaptability (how likely you are to settle), it is NOT a requirement.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ … ly-who.asp

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Thanks guys,  for your respond.  It's clear now. Is not part of requirements.