Accomodation for PDO employee

Hello everybody, soon i will move in Muscatfor a new job in PDO and i would like to understand where the PDO employee are at the moment located and, accordingly with your experience (if somebody has recent experience), where you suggest to go to live considering i will be alone for the moment. I know there is PDO camp that is quite confortable but i also read that some reconstruction was in place , even if that post it was quite old. Also. considering i will be new and so i will be located in a temporary apartment,  It could be also interesting to know how much time usually pass to have the definitively house.
Thanks a lot to everybody, have a good day.

Dear Leonardo,
Welcome to Oman. The new PDO camp is ready at the moment and for the relocation of the employees. They have completed many blocks and the shifting of the employees from the old houses to the new ones is in place accordingly.

Earlier, there were possibilities of the employees to get the villas/apartments outside on the PDO contracts, however they are cancelling those gradualy. The plan is to put all the employees in a single area.

Best of luck and let us know in case of any further query.

Dear Schaz,
thanks a lot for your answer. Good that the camp is ready, i read that the houses in camp shuld be good quality and also located near the PDO office, based on your experience and knowing, can yo confirm this?
One thing which i didn't understand and that from company didn't clarify yet, if the cost of the bills (electricity, gas, etc) it will be to my account or if they will pay. Unfortunatelly i didn't ask because i came from other experience where this type of cost was to company account, anyway i wil clarify. Any experience about this?
Last question (for the moment) if you or somebody knows: i already got my visa (NOC), when i will be there will I immediatelly receive the resident card or it will pass some time?
Thanks again for help and support, wish a very good day to everybody.

Dear schaz.... can u pl mention the name of new pdo residence area. Also it ll be helpful if u can metion the nearby school to this place and availability of public transport from this place to pdo office.
tks n advance

Dear Schaz

Is the PDO residence secure? Is it a gated community? Looking at the pictures it looks like the houses are not that secure.

What are the pros n cons of staying in PDO residential area?

alwasay wrote:

Dear Schaz

Is the PDO residence secure? Is it a gated community? Looking at the pictures it looks like the houses are not that secure.

What are the pros n cons of staying in PDO residential area?

Dear Alwasay,
The PDO residence area is not a gated community (Or a compound), however it is a huge residence area with separate enterances / gates for individual houses. Muscat itself is the safest and most peaceful city among all the GCC countries. In past, the PDO residences were split into different areas with PDO tags on the individual houses or apartments but now they have a target to completely shift all the employees into onbe single area by allocating separate houses / apartments, based on their grades. Furthermore information can be taken from the HR directly or the relevant reference indicators.

trust this would be informative to you.

Dear Schaz,

Thanks for the information it does answers most of my queries.

I believe you stay in PDO. How do you find PDO residential area personally? Are you with family? Is the new housing (Ras al hamra) completely ready for occupancy?

alwasay wrote:

Dear Schaz,

Thanks for the information it does answers most of my queries.

I believe you stay in PDO. How do you find PDO residential area personally? Are you with family? Is the new housing (Ras al hamra) completely ready for occupancy?

I'm not yet staying at PDO residency due to some personal reasons and the feasability of my family.
PDO residence area is very nice, comprising of both villas and apartments. The first phase has been completed and the other one is under final stage of construction (Almost). PDO club is just aside the residential units where all the related activities are available (Water stuff mostly). A separate beach side also beautifies the place. Nice area for jog/ walks. And above all, adjacent to the workplace.

Dear schaz...
Yr info on PDO residence  is very useful. Tkqvm
Is there any indian school near to PDO residence , hw  far from PDO residence.
Am awaitg fr PDO VISA.. am hvg one school going son (UKG) ..
Tks dear schaz.

amkk1979 wrote:

Dear schaz...
Yr info on PDO residence  is very useful. Tkqvm
Is there any indian school near to PDO residence , hw  far from PDO residence.
Am awaitg fr PDO VISA.. am hvg one school going son (UKG) ..
Tks dear schaz.

The nearest school from PDO is the PDO school (Which is an international standard school), however if specifically talking about Indian school, the nearest one is located at around 15 mins drive from PDO (Subject to less traffic).

Best of luck for the visa!

Tkqvm dear mr.schaz.