Power of love and money

why there is no trust,respect of the peoples without money.

How did you come to the conclusion that there isn't?

naseer744 wrote:

Wrong.
In fact, I'd go further, there is a lot less respect ofor people with money, but usually only if they flash it around and play the king.

I understand the just of what you're asking. It seems people with little or no money are looked down upon from those living in the so called 'civilized societies'.

Money is the root of all evil and money is a necessary evil. We have all been conditioned to the need to succeed, and that success is geared to money and possessions. Hence those with little or no money are looked down upon as unsuccessful. 
However, in my travels I have come across poor people, whom to me are very successful. They may have very little in the way of material possessions but they have family friends, a roof over their heads and food on the table, which to me signifies success according to the environment they live in.

stumpy wrote:

Money is the root of all evil
We have all been conditioned to the need to succeed, and that success is geared to money and possessions. .

I believe, and I'm open to correction, the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.
I think it was some dude called, Tim, writing for the bible.
I'm unsure if he got royalties or if any court cases are outstanding on that issue.
It's sort of Ironic when you consider the way many religious leaders grew so rich out of their bible teachings - the church of England being a prime example.
The really bug me with their church roof appeals, expecting the public to fund them, when they're one of the largest landowners in England.
The real killer is an old law that can require parishioners to pay for church repairs, even if they don't believe in God. That absolutely stinks.

As for conditioning - big style.
We are told we can't live without a brand new car, massive TV and all the rest of the crap we're pushed towards by slick advertising.
I too was fooled by their lies; buying a seriously fancy hifi, big TV and all the other usual rubbish.
Got fed up and sold the lot in favour of a laptop, a small radio and a portable DVD player. I also cut the coaxial cable to the TV aerial, never watched TV again and gave the TV licence Nazis a two fingered salute (Sort of like sticking your middle finger up, but the British version).
For those who don't know, in the UK, if you have a TV, you must have a licence.
If you don't have one, you get bombarded with letters, even after you tell them you don't have a TV.
On occasion, the SS stormtroopers of the licence department pop in, demanding access to check in the rudest way you can imagine, accusing you of having a TV and avoiding the licence. Seriously, they're as bad as that so, as I know they have no right of entry, I told them to enjoy sex and travel, and closed the door.
They proceeded to try to look through the windows so I went outside, pointed out the cut cable and suggested they get off my land, as politely as they'd requested entry to my house. In other words, a 'cough' tablet.

Sadly, when you have a family, some things are needed. We have a TV, but no hifi.
I have my technology, but because I like it, not because of slick advertising, and we have Android devices for communication and entertainment.
My daughter watches the TV, we rarely bother, or get chance.

Naseer, I believe you are in Dubai, There's a lot of wealth there in Dubai, Much of it is from the people of Dubai and much of it is from all the Westerners, and some people form Asia, that go there to work, vacation, or simply to party-down. I've seen some of those clubs in Dubai. Dubai is the World's playground it seems.

In Dubai, you will always seem to be more poor than many other people there. If I were you, I wouldn't get into the trap of comparing your self to others, and then thinking less of your self because you do not have the materials that they may have. There are many people on this World that are in very bad situations and circumstances. Compare your self to them. Many have no mothers, fathers, or are blind, have no legs and/or arms due to 'war'.  The peasants of this World go to battle but it's the ones that are far far away from the battles that are safe, and make profits. You can look around and always see others that seem to be financially better than you. Likewise, you can look around and see others that are in bad and terrible conditions. They probably wish they could be in your shoes.

Love is based on an emotional level. From that, acts of love can be given to another, or experienced.

I know the marriage dowries can be huge in Dubai. For some of the weddings, popular singers form Europe, the United States, and the Middle East are contracted to perform at the wedding parties. Probably many reasons individuals have for doing this.

My blood consist of French, Greek, and North American "Indian" / Native American. My ancestors in North America would give ponies and/or animal hides to the bride's family. It was a way to show that the man is a good provider for his wife. In a way it too is a form of materialism.

Peoples of this planet have always fought, argued, and had disagreements over resources, materials, possessions, and forms of money. Some pray for more of it. Some wish for more of it. The human species has put a lot of thought into how they/we can get more of it. It is a form of security to help to provide for our basic necessities in life. The World is tied together with currencies/money. But us peasants, even the millionaires, do not control the currencies nor the price of gold, nor the price of oil. Far far more powerful individuals and groups do those things.

I believe the source of all evil is not money, which is a mere tool and can be handled wisely, but the human desire to have and display status, which of course money helps to do.
You can only break the cycle of greed and envy if you stop thinking that you must have a Porsche car, huge TV or fat cow just because your neighbour has one, too. You don't need to become a monk to achieve this, some simple changes to your lifestyle and way of thinking is enough. Yet so few people do it. They prefer chasing Mammon and being miserable ...

beppi wrote:

if you stop thinking that you must have a Porsche car, huge TV or fat cow just because your neighbour has one, too..

If you have a Porsche and a large TV, you won't have a fat cow, you'll have a slim, sexy blonde. :D

naseer744 wrote:

Surely for them money is everything........so be careful with them...........

I wouldn't say the source of 'evil' is money or has to be related to money issues. 'Evil' can be carried out for reasons and for many desired outcomes. Evil works at its finest when it uses subtleties. Evil won't come right out, shake your hand and say, "HI, I'm evil. Nice to meet you.".

Dr. Scott Peck wrote an excellent book on evil and it's relation to malignant narcissism. He believed that 'evil' should be classified as a mental disorder.

Following, is a version of what Peck wrote on.
Source: http://www.geftakysassembly.com/Article … issism.htm

Rather, he proposes evil as a diagnosis of pathology for these people. His concept of evil clarifies the nature of malignant narcissism and offers a useful paradigm for understanding George Geftakys and other abusive leaders. Here are quotations from the book, organized under the main characteristics of the people Dr. Peck calls "evil".
Refusal to acknowledge sin
Self-Image of perfection
Intolerance of criticism
Scapegoating
Disguise and pretense
Intellectual deviousness
Greed
Unsubmitted will
Coercion and control of others
Lack of empathy
Symbiotic relationship
Evil in families

The Narcissist:  Refusal to acknowledge sin

It is necessary that we first draw the distinction between evil and ordinary sin. It is not their sins per se that characterize evil people...The central defect of the evil is not the sin but the refusal to acknowledge it.p 69

If evil people cannot be defined by the illegality of their deeds or the magnitude of their sins, then how are we to define them? The answer is by the consistency of their sins. While usually subtle, their destructiveness is remarkably consistent. This is because those who have "crossed over the line" are characterized by their absolute refusal to tolerate the sense of their own sinfulness.p 71

The evil hate the light--the light of goodness that shows them up, the light of scrutiny that exposes them, the light of truth that penetrates their deception.p 179 Rather than blissfully lacking a sense of morality, like the sociopath, they are continually engaged in sweeping the evidence of their evil under the rug of their own consciousness.p 76

The poor in spirit do not commit evil. Evil is not committed by people who feel uncertain about their righteousness, who question their own motives, who worry about betraying themselves. The evil in this world is committed by the spiritual fat cats, by the Pharisees of our own day, the self-righteous who think they are without sin because they are unwilling to suffer the discomfort of significant self-examination.

Unpleasant though it may be, the sense of personal sin is precisely that which keeps our sin from getting out of hand. It is quite painful at times, but it is a very great blessing because it is our one and only effective safeguard against our own proclivity for evil. p 71-72

The Narcissist:  Self Image of Perfection

Utterly dedicated to preserving their self-image of perfection, [the evil] are unceasingly engaged in the effort to maintain the appearance of moral purity. They worry about this a great deal. They are acutely sensitive to social norms and what others might think of them. Outwardly [they] seem to live lives that are above reproach. The words "image." "appearance," and "outwardly" are crucial to understanding the morality of the evil.p 75

The Narcissist:  Excessive intolerance of criticism

In Martin Buber's words, the malignantly narcissistic insist upon "affirmation independent of all findings." p 80 Self-criticism is a call to personality change...The evil are pathologically attached to the status quo of their personalities, which in their narcissism they consciously regard as perfect. I think it is quite possible that the evil may perceive even a small degree of change in their beloved selves as representing total annihilation. p 74

The Narcissist:  Scapegoating

[Evil is] the use of power to destroy the spiritual growth of others for the purpose of defending and preserving the integrity of our own sick selves. In short, it is scapegoating. 119 A predominant characteristic...of the behavior of those I call evil is scapegoating. Because in their hearts they consider themselves above reproach, they must lash out at any one who does reproach them. They sacrifice others to preserve their self-image of perfection. p 73

Since the evil, deep down, feel themselves to be faultless, it is inevitable that when they are in conflict with the world they will invariably perceive the conflict as the world's fault. Since they must deny their own badness, they must perceive others as bad.

They project their own evil onto the world. They never think of themselves as evil; on the other hand, they consequently see much evil in others...Evil, then, is most often committed in order to scapegoat, and the people I label as evil are chronic scapegoaters....The evil attack others instead of facing their own failures. p 73-74

The Narcissist:  Disguise and pretense

While they seem to lack any motivation to be good, they intensely desire to appear good. Their "goodness" is all on a level of pretense. It is, in effect, a lie. That is why they are the "people of the lie". The wickedness of the evil is not committed directly, but indirectly as a part of this cover-up process. p 76

Those who are evil are masters of disguise; they are not apt to wittingly disclose their true colors--either to others or to themselves.  p 104 Because they are such experts at disguise, it is seldom possible to pinpoint the maliciousness of the evil. The disguise is usually impenetrable p 76....Naturally, since it is designed to hide its opposite, the pretense chosen by the evil is most commonly the pretense of love.

Tutenkamen wrote:

Refusal to acknowledge sin

I acknowledge it.  I just don't care.

Tutenkamen wrote:

Intolerance of criticism

Where I work, that's all we get.

Tutenkamen wrote:

Scapegoating

But it's my job's fault.

Tutenkamen wrote:

Unsubmitted will

I don't have anything to leave to anyone anyway.

Tutenkamen wrote:

Coercion and control of others

I'm American.  That's what we do.

Tutenkamen wrote:

Symbiotic relationship

That's evil?

Tutenkamen wrote:

Evil in families

I'm screwed.

mas fred wrote:

If you have a Porsche and a large TV, you won't have a fat cow, you'll have a slim, sexy blonde. :D

I have a large TV.  Can I get a slim, ugly blonde?

I have an extremely light wallet so I can expect nothing.... :(

Friends can help each other. A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself - and especially to feel. Or, not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at the moment is fine with them. That's what real love amounts to - letting a person be what he really is.

Friends can help each other. A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself - and especially to feel. Or, not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at the moment is fine with them. That's what real love amounts to - letting a person be what he really is.

stumpy wrote:

I have an extremely light wallet so I can expect nothing.... :(

If you've got a reasonably sized green field outside maybe a 'fat cow' would suit your financial profile.  :)

Have plenty of rice paddies, nice and green.... :lol:

actually it doesnt depends on the money but it depends on how you wear clothes. you can be as classy by wearing formal clothes and also the etiquette.

Money is every thing

Ali el ahmed wrote:

Money is every thing

You have a lot to learn about life then if you think that.

Rule No. 1 : Never lose money. Rule No. 2 : Never forget Rule No. 1

Wilson wrote:

Rule No. 1 : Never lose money. Rule No. 2 : Never forget Rule No. 1

You have a very limited worldview.
I can identify many things I'd happily lose all my money for, health and happiness of my family and me top among them.

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR